Author Topic: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana  (Read 31097 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana
« Reply #250 on: May 25, 2017, 08:43:42 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Why,if you didn't know better,you might suspect the leftist Guardian sent a couple of reporters over to the Colonies to instigate.

EVERYBODY knows that can't be true,though. The left never instigates stage plays,do they?
Well, in that case, treat him like a King...Rodney.

"Why can't we all just get along??"  :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #251 on: May 25, 2017, 08:45:41 pm »
“He took me to the ground,” Jacobs said by phone from the back of an ambulance. “I think he whaled on me once or twice … He got on me and I think he hit me … This is the strangest thing that has ever happened to me in reporting on politics.”

Effeminate much?

As for Mr. Gianforte...

Barba non facit philosophum.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2017, 08:45:41 pm »
Special election tomorrow, the left needs a win so they can go ahead with their 'GOP rejected by voters' stories they've written and ready to publish for the past three months.
Well, this reeks of last minute allegations type stuff. Kinda like 'daddy being in on killing JFK' in time for the primaries in New England.

Make the fuss now, retract after the votes are in. Standard tactic.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2017, 08:46:58 pm »

Ha!  I love that!  Trump really does know how to play this game called "Politics."   

As Lyndon Johnson said to an Aid when he told Johnson that his opponent was not a pig F***er:   

"I know. I just want to make the S-O-B deny it."

@DiogenesLamp

It's not real.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2017, 08:49:20 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Good strategy! Show the public your values aren't worth fighting for,and show the left how to shut down any opposition to them at the same time so that their POV is the only one that gets heard.

Look at how wonderfully this has worked for the last few decades.
Wrong! Just show the press if they want what they want they can behave themselves or they aren't getting it.

Let them hold their breath until they turn blue and pass out, the pop them on the butt when they wake up.  Neither the candidate nor the officeholder has to put up with them acting like brats. Cut 'em off and give exclusives to people who know how to conduct themselves in public.

It's a different sort of smackdown, and you don't even have to bloody your knuckles.
Let them know you're in control and you won't put up with their crap.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2017, 08:53:50 pm »
I know you hate McMuffin, but do you really everything about all the third party candidates that were running?

McMuffin is being sued by vendors for not paying his bills. Beyond that he is running some money making scheme PAC now. Johnson/Weld were talking like they were part of the Rat party they had so many big govt' ideas. Beyond that Johnson didn't have a clue on any issue beyond legalizing dope. Castle wasn't even a candidate. You need to do more than just file paperwork to run. You actually have to run.

Offline beandog

« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2017, 09:04:17 pm »
McMuffin is being sued by vendors for not paying his bills. Beyond that he is running some money making scheme PAC now. Johnson/Weld were talking like they were part of the Rat party they had so many big govt' ideas. Beyond that Johnson didn't have a clue on any issue beyond legalizing dope. Castle wasn't even a candidate. You need to do more than just file paperwork to run. You actually have to run.
I'm thinking about running for President next time.  That way people have to call me a former Presidential candidate.  For some reason that seems to get people a lot of prestige.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #257 on: May 25, 2017, 09:25:55 pm »
Special election tomorrow, the left needs a win so they can go ahead with their 'GOP rejected by voters' stories they've written and ready to publish for the past three months.

You're behind the times.  The Dems have already won two special elections recently.

In New Hampshire, Democrat Edie DesMarais beat Republican Matthew Plache 52-48 in the state House’s 6th Carroll District, where Trump won 51-44.  This was a loss of a GOP seat in a red district.

In the New York Assembly’s 9th District, Democrat Christine Pellegrino beat Republican Thomas Gargiulo 58-42, where Trump won 60-37(!).  This was a loss of a GOP seat in a red district....so red, the previous seatholder had won by 37(!) points.

Yes, Trump is beginning to turn the tide against GOP candidates, though the GOP will probably win MT.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2017, 09:26:49 pm »
sneakypete wrote:
"The left are past-masters at setting this sort of thing up,and then screaming innocence.
I am to the point now where I no longer give a damn. If you are a leftist activist and enabler,that is excuse enough to beat the snot out of you.
And that dainty little fellow couldn't have been slammed too hard to a cement floor because he is too busy whining about it instead of calling for a nurse to scratch a itch he can't get at because of the casts and pulleys."

Thanks for posting, worth a repeat.

Gee -- I put up my prognostication very early in what I thought would be a short thread, and it's grown to pages and pages!

I stand by my earlier prediction:
This incident -- when the facts come to light -- is going to HELP the Pubbie guy, not hurt him.

Saw something interesting about an earlier Montana election over at the Mac-related site "macintouch.com" just yesterday which may be of interest in this thread. Here it is:
=============
"Not all drivers licenses are satisfactory for travel. Montana has refused to join the Real ID program or whatever federal program is required to turn a drivers license into a federal ID. After a variety of ultimatums and state/federal interactions, one can now ask for a special Montana driver's license that can be used to fly or get into or out of a federal courthouse. It costs extra.
A couple of governors ago, they had a campaign ad showing a drivers license-like rectangular card taped to a clay pigeon. It was launched into the air and blown to bits by the shotgun-toting governor candidate with background commentary dismissing Montana's participation in the Real ID program. The gubernatorial candidate won."
https://www.macintouch.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2102&pid=19684#pid19684
=============

Sounds like those Montana folk have generally good sense.
Let's wait and see how this plays out over the next few days.

I have a feeling the reporter may retract his complaint, based on the reports of witnesses (see above in this thread) and perhaps some video evidence as well.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #259 on: May 25, 2017, 09:30:37 pm »
The body slam comment comes from the self-serving recording of the reporter. The youtube CSPAN footage shows a wrestling match- no body slam.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:23 pm »
I regard a misdemeanor as a minor amount of violence,  while a felony would indicate a major amount of violence.   

What's a little criminal violence and intimidation among friends, eh?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2017, 09:35:49 pm »
The body slam comment comes from the self-serving recording of the reporter. The youtube CSPAN footage shows a wrestling match- no body slam.

In our redneck culture, we value personal space, and any breach (outside friend or love one). is viewed as an act of aggression.

The SOB had it coming.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++

Offline r9etb

« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2017, 09:41:19 pm »
What's a little criminal violence and intimidation among friends, eh?

It's just manly men being manly men.  Nothing to see here.

Silver Pines

« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2017, 09:59:46 pm »
Today I heard someone on the radio with knowledge of our special ops forces say that they don't go around breathing fire and chewing glass all the time.  They know how to channel the fire, and how to use it at the appropriate time.

Not being able to maintain self-control is the opposite quality you want from someone " in your foxhole."  No matter how angry we are at the media, we need to stop letting that anger control us.
That guy isn't John Wayne, lol.  He's just an out of control nut.

Losing your cool is weak.

Silver Pines

« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2017, 10:04:48 pm »
The Daily Wire is now reporting that Laura Ingraham's site dishonestly claimed Alicia Acuna changed her story.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2017, 10:06:34 pm »
Today I heard someone on the radio with knowledge of our special ops forces say that they don't go around breathing fire and chewing glass all the time.  They know how to channel the fire, and how to use it at the appropriate time.

Not being able to maintain self-control is the opposite quality you want from someone " in your foxhole."  No matter how angry we are at the media, we need to stop letting that anger control us.
That guy isn't John Wayne, lol.  He's just an out of control nut.

Losing your cool is weak.

He is not a nut.  He and his wife established software companies that sold for millions of dollars.  He has all the right stands on things like abortion, planned parenthood and other stuff we care about.

Everyone has their breaking point.  He reached his on this occasion.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2017, 10:10:01 pm »
The Daily Wire is now reporting that Laura Ingraham's site dishonestly claimed Alicia Acuna changed her story.

Golly.  Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

I have to say, @CatherineofAragon, it's probably futile to try to talk sense on threads like this.  The same guys crowd in and start yelling.... it's not worth the trouble. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2017, 10:11:17 pm »
He is not a nut.  He and his wife established software companies that sold for millions of dollars.  He has all the right stands on things like abortion, planned parenthood and other stuff we care about.

Everyone has their breaking point.  He reached his on this occasion.

@Emjay

I don't care if he founded Microsoft.  If his "breaking point " is a question about the CBO, he's a nut who needs to stay far away from D.C.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2017, 10:19:48 pm »
@Emjay

I don't care if he founded Microsoft.  If his "breaking point " is a question about the CBO, he's a nut who needs to stay far away from D.C.

I was simply pointing out that he is an intelligent guy who was able to found software companies ... that takes some brains and drive.

I also know that his positions on things I care about are all good.

It wasn't a question that infuriated him ... it was the obnoxious ....'I have the right to get in your face' attitude and demeanor of the guy.

I, for one, hope this incident does not lead to his losing to a demwit.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2017, 10:24:34 pm »

@CatherineofAragon

How dare you bring common sense.. We need to scream and shout and act like keyboard tough guys..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2017, 10:30:06 pm »

@CatherineofAragon

How dare you bring common sense.. We need to scream and shout and act like keyboard tough guys..

What you describe as common sense is simply an opinion that you agree with.

Don't go all holier than thou on us here.

I'm simply saying that reporters have become far too fond of themselves and screaming first amendment does not give them the right to get in your face.

I don't advocate violence but this was one guy pushing another guy away and the other guy screaming, "help, he broke my glasses."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #272 on: May 25, 2017, 10:38:15 pm »

@CatherineofAragon

Keyboard tough guys? Thats as silly as me calling you a Harvey Milquetoast who can always come up with reasons to avoid confrontation.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2017, 10:39:00 pm »

@Philip_Elliott

"The candidate committed assault against a reporter," former Rep. Joe Walsh, a Republican. "That should be a big deal."
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline beandog

« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2017, 10:42:30 pm »

@CatherineofAragon

I'd rather be a "keyboard tough guy" than a Drama Queen, like you. :shrug: