Author Topic: Joe Lieberman out of FBI director sweepstakes  (Read 1396 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Joe Lieberman out of FBI director sweepstakes
« on: May 24, 2017, 10:48:57 pm »

Fox News
Brooke Singman
Published May 24, 2017

Senate Dems lining up against Lieberman for FBI chief

Former Sen. Joe Lieberman has gone from front runner to out of the running in President Trump's effort to fill the vacant FBI director's job, a senior White House official told Fox News on Wednesday.

Before Trump left for an extended overseas tour last Friday, he told reporters the ex-Connecticut lawmaker, a Democrat-turned-Independent, was the leading candidate to replace James Comey, who was fired by Trump on May 9.

But things have changed, in part due to Trump's hiring of an attorney who works at the same firm as Lieberman. Marc Kasowitz, who has worked for Trump in the past, was brought on to represent the president in the ongoing Russian election meddling probe. Lieberman is a partner of Kasowitz’s New York law firm, Kasowitz, Benson, Torres.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/joe-lieberman-out-fbi-director-sweepstakes.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Joe Lieberman out of FBI director sweepstakes
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 10:56:28 pm »
Glad he is out of the running. No more pols in the position.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 11:26:58 pm »
   Why is Trump even considering Lieberman or what the he11 the demorats think?

Sanders urges Senate to require 60 votes for FBI director

by Anna Giaritelli | May 16, 2017, 11:15 PM

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., on Tuesday called for the Senate to change the number of votes required for the confirmation of the permanent FBI director from 50 to 60 votes.

"I would hope that at this moment Republicans would retreat a little bit and I know it's a tough one and make it - bring us back to the 60-vote threshold for the FBI director for one reason, so that the American people would see that this is a bipartisan vote," Sanders said during a CNN town hall in Washington, D.C., Tuesday evening.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sanders-urges-senate-to-require-60-votes-for-fbi-director/article/2623318
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 11:28:09 pm »
Glad he is out of the running. No more pols in the position.

Me too. I never understood why he was even in consideration. Never seemed to be a right fit for the job.
Funny that it took the Dems to drive him out of the running.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 02:04:05 am »
Old Howdy Doody was never a serious contender, no matter what Trump said.  His pick will be Townsend.  He's going for the Khadaffi bodyguard theme in his administration.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 02:20:52 am »
There is a pile of Dems who may be tied into the House security breach. I think they are running scared at this point.If someone dumps the data that gave the Pakistanis leverage on the hill, the S will HTF, unless similar numbers of 'pubbies were compromised. Who knows how far that enterprise really went, whether it had 'branch offices' or did/still does have similar operations up and running elsewhere (like certain judges?) Are those folks friends of Barry, too? Who's over at Langley, DHS, and elsewhere? Time to do some serious looking at IT contracts all over.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 02:33:01 am »
There is a pile of Dems who may be tied into the House security breach. I think they are running scared at this point.If someone dumps the data that gave the Pakistanis leverage on the hill, the S will HTF, unless similar numbers of 'pubbies were compromised. Who knows how far that enterprise really went, whether it had 'branch offices' or did/still does have similar operations up and running elsewhere (like certain judges?) Are those folks friends of Barry, too? Who's over at Langley, DHS, and elsewhere? Time to do some serious looking at IT contracts all over.

This makes Watergate look like a Sunday school picnic!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 04:24:34 am »
This makes Watergate look like a Sunday school picnic!
Yep.  :beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 04:33:13 am »

Biggest story that is not being reported.