Author Topic: We’re Seth Rich’s parents. Stop politicizing our son’s murder (Seth's Parents Write Opinion Piece in the Washington Post )  (Read 2730 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: WASHINGTON POST

URL: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/were-seth-richs-parents-stop-politicizing-our-sons-murder/2017/05/23/164cf4dc-3fee-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?utm_term=.b4b69c3fbc13

By Mary Rich and Joel Rich

The writers are the parents of Seth Rich, who was killed in the District in 2016.

Imagine living in a nightmare that you can never wake up from. Imagine having to face every single day knowing that your son was murdered. Imagine you have no answers — that no one has been brought to justice and there are few clues leading to the killer or killers. Imagine that every single day, with every phone call you hope that it’s the police, calling to tell you that there has been a break in the case.

Imagine that instead, every call that comes in is a reporter asking what you think of a series of lies or conspiracies about the death. That nightmare is what our family goes through every day.

Our beloved son Seth Rich was gunned down in the early hours of July 10, 2016, in his Washington, D.C., neighborhood of Bloomingdale. On the day he was murdered, Seth was excited about a new job he had been offered on Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Seth had dedicated his life to public service, and he told us that he wanted to work on the campaign’s effort to expand voter participation because he loved our country dearly and believed deeply in the promise of democratic engagement. Seth had been walking around, calling friends, family and his girlfriend, pondering the broader picture of what the job change would mean. He wondered how he would pick up and move to New York City for four months, the strain that might put on his relationships, and how it would all affect the life he had built for himself in Washington.

The circumstances of what happened next are still unclear. We know that Seth was abruptly confronted on the street, that he had been on the phone and quickly ended the call. We also know that there were signs of a struggle, including a watchband torn when the assailants attempted to rip it off his wrist. Law-enforcement officials told us that Seth’s murder looked like a botched robbery attempt in which the assailants — after shooting our son — panicked, immediately ran and abandoned Seth’s personal belongings. We have seen no evidence, by any person at any time, that Seth’s murder had any connection to his job at the Democratic National Committee or his life in politics. Anyone who claims to have such evidence is either concealing it from us or lying.

(CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST.... )

Offline Hoodat

Quote from: WAPO
On the day he was murdered, Seth was excited about a new job he had been offered on Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Seth had dedicated his life to public service, and he told us that he wanted to work on the campaign’s effort to expand voter participation because he loved our country dearly . . .

Sorry, I'm missing something here.  If he loved our country, then why was he excited about working for someone who did not?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

One would think that Richs' parents would want every avenue investigated in the search for Seth killer(s). Very strange to not want a full and through investigation. Somewhere there is a murder walking free, catching him/her trumps the wishes of Rich family.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sorry, I'm missing something here.  If he loved our country, then why was he excited about working for someone who did not?

Come on, man.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
One would think that Richs' parents would want every avenue investigated in the search for Seth killer(s). Very strange to not want a full and through investigation. Somewhere there is a murder walking free, catching him/her trumps the wishes of Rich family.

They are being controlled and manipulated by people who seek desperately to prevent any real investigation of this matter. There is simply no other explanation.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Come on, man.   

@Hoodat @DCPatriot

So who is the patriot?   The guy spying on Americans in violation of the law.   The guy covering up for the spying on Americans.  Or the guy who exposes the first two?

Its a very very confusing issue and having been in that world in my early years I can identify with some of it.  However our federal govt is more frequently working against the interests of its citizens.   The globalists have taken over most of our companies and have their lackies in high positions throughout our govt.   They care more about helping potential terrorists from Syria then an American citizen in Kansas.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
“I don’t know anything about it,” Gingrich said. “I know exactly what has been said on the various blog sites . . . I think it is worth looking at.”  :silly:

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

They are being controlled and manipulated by people who seek desperately to prevent any real investigation of this matter. There is simply no other explanation.

That was my initial thought as well.

Looking at it from the perspective of a parent, no amount of threats to life and property could stop me from seeking to bring justice to my son's murderer. Someone must really have them by the short hairs. Virtually a hostage situation.

Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline skeeter

ironically, whether they know it or not whomever authored this is also politicizing Seth Richs murder.

What parent wouldn't want to know for certain who killed their son?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Isn't it interesting, to me, the more "don't look at this, there's nothing to it", you know, it makes many people want to look at it more. It's sort of acting like the guilty party.

Offline Frank Cannon

Anyone find it interesting that the family went to WaPo out of all the papers to go to? This is the same WaPo running DNC approved, written, unsourced and fraudulent hit pieces on the WH.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Anyone find it interesting that the family went to WaPo out of all the papers to go to? This is the same WaPo running DNC approved, written, unsourced and fraudulent hit pieces on the WH.

@Frank Cannon

I find it interesting that so many people are working so hard to try and make this simply go away!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Anyone find it interesting that the family went to WaPo out of all the papers to go to?

Ordinarily, they would have gone directly to WikiLeaks.  But for some reason they chose not to go that route this time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

QFT
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline driftdiver

QFT

The entire thing with Wikileaks , Assange, Snowden, and Manning make absolutely no sense.  There has to be a lot more going on.

Offline beandog

I agree.

Offline DCPatriot

@Hoodat @DCPatriot

So who is the patriot?   The guy spying on Americans in violation of the law.   The guy covering up for the spying on Americans.  Or the guy who exposes the first two?

Its a very very confusing issue and having been in that world in my early years I can identify with some of it.  However our federal govt is more frequently working against the interests of its citizens.   The globalists have taken over most of our companies and have their lackies in high positions throughout our govt.   They care more about helping potential terrorists from Syria then an American citizen in Kansas.   

@driftdiver

You should really try to apply context to any quote before you post.

@Hoodat rhetorically asked why Seth Rich was "excited" to move from the DNC to the Hillary Clinton campaign.

This is the same Seth Rich who hacked the DNC database and uncovered a shitload of compromising/damaging evidence which became the WIKILEAKS dump....discovering too, that Bernie Sanders (Rich's choice for POTUS) was cheated by the DNC by Hillary's people.

...and he wonders why Seth was excited?   

It's like asking why a safe cracker starts smiling when he's transferred to the department that contains the safe.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

The entire thing with Wikileaks , Assange, Snowden, and Manning make absolutely no sense.  There has to be a lot more going on.

They should be shot for what they did..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline DiogenesLamp

I would find it strange if they went anywhere else but a left wing Newspaper.   There son was a DNC operative,  and most families inherit their politics from their parents.   

I'm sure they regarded the Washington Post as both authoritative  and sympathetic. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

They should be shot for what they did..

True but the people they exposed also deserve a similar punishment.

It's a quandary.

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver

You should really try to apply context to any quote before you post.

@Hoodat rhetorically asked why Seth Rich was "excited" to move from the DNC to the Hillary Clinton campaign.

This is the same Seth Rich who hacked the DNC database and uncovered a shitload of compromising/damaging evidence which became the WIKILEAKS dump....discovering too, that Bernie Sanders (Rich's choice for POTUS) was cheated by the DNC by Hillary's people.

...and he wonders why Seth was excited?   

It's like asking why a safe cracker starts smiling when he's transferred to the department that contains the safe.

@DCPatriot

I'm sorry for pinging you.  Perhaps you could point out where I used quotes since you corrected me for using them.

Offline DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

I'm sorry for pinging you.  Perhaps you could point out where I used quotes since you corrected me for using them.

I replied to @Hoodat  in #3.   This is what he wrote:

Quote from: Hoodat on Today at 11:44:24 AM

Now....taking my post to which you replied here....can you see what I meant by "COME ON, MAN"   ?    :laugh:

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
No evidence in Kim Dotcom ‘statement’ on Seth Rich [Full Statement]
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,264201.0.html

Noot Gingrich says that everything he knows about it came from blogs.