Author Topic: Please name 3-5 movies/TV series (SciFi) since 1950 which you believe contained significant portion  (Read 8510 times)

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
My own nominees are:

1. Day the Earth Stood Still
2. War of the worlds
3. Start Trek
4. Star Wars
5. Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind

---

Addendum:

Rationalization?

I'm not a great movie person. I don't keep a lot of movie titles in my head. I rarely watch movies. I  do like Sci Fi but I'm very picky. There's a lot of trash in the genre.

Though I do fondly remember the TV series LOST IN SPACE & MY FAVORITE MARTIAN.

I don't think I ever did watch that one about the bloke alone on Mars.

I did like the one about the huge artificial enclosed environment above the earth. Elysium?

I enjoyed some of Edgar R Burroughs' 'Mars books.'

And STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND

And, ENDER'S GAME series

I vaguely recall that there's a bunch of dystopian society movies--a few of which I watched. I find them usually pretty dreary. Not a favorite use of my time.

Anyway--that's about all that's off the top of my head currently.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 01:27:30 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Joe Wooten

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Yeah, I tend to think that most movies/TV series that touch on these ideas contain misdirections... plausible-sounding ideas that actually point down the wrong path, or direct people away from the "right" path.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Wingnut

Warning From Space. 

Starfish-like aliens disguised as humans travel to Earth to warn of the imminent collision of a rogue planet and Earth. As the planet rapidly accelerates toward Earth, a nuclear device is created at the last minute and destroys the approaching world.

Those Starfish dudes are still hereon earth.

Offline Joe Wooten

Warning From Space. 

Starfish-like aliens disguised as humans travel to Earth to warn of the imminent collision of a rogue planet and Earth. As the planet rapidly accelerates toward Earth, a nuclear device is created at the last minute and destroys the approaching world.

Those Starfish dudes are still hereon earth.

In 1962?????   :silly:

Online andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mikezpen

Possibly the greatest movie of all time.

Online Hoodat

Contact
Arrival
Fire in the Sky
Bladerunner
District 9
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Scully...  Can you believe that Quix left us off his list?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

:rolling:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Quix

Close Encounters of the Third Kind.   The only 'fact' Hollywood changed was the location.  It happened at an Air Force Base...not a desert.

THREE TIMES! 

President Eisenhower met with them, and the result was a signed 'Treaty'.

(William Shatner meets with Ancient Aliens - broadcast February 12, 2021)   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline Quix

@Quix

Close Encounters of the Third Kind.   The only 'fact' Hollywood changed was the location.  It happened at an Air Force Base...not a desert.

THREE TIMES! 

President Eisenhower met with them, and the result was a signed 'Treaty'.

(William Shatner meets with Ancient Aliens - broadcast February 12, 2021)   :laugh:

THANKS.

Will be interesting to eventually see what's accurate & what's disinformation.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Quix

LOLOLOL.

THANKS. Though, actually, I wasn't thinking with my best memory when I made that post. At 74, I'm learning that the research on memory & aging is really true. LOL. But I didn't really try very hard on that post, either. Just gave a quick response off the top of my head. Though I doubt I'd have recalled their movie if I HAD of tried harder. LOL.

AND--the OP assigned task was to list 3-5 movies. I did manage that.
-------

I added this onto that post listing the movies I thought of at the time:

Addendum:

Rationalization?

I'm not a great movie person. I don't keep a lot of movie titles in my head. I rarely watch movies. I  do like Sci Fi but I'm very picky. There's a lot of trash in the genre.

Though I do fondly remember the TV series LOST IN SPACE & MY FAVORITE MARTIAN.

I don't think I ever did watch that one about the bloke alone on Mars.

I did like the one about the huge artificial enclosed environment above the earth. Elysium?

I enjoyed some of Edgar R Burroughs' 'Mars books.'

And STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND

And, ENDER'S GAME series

I vaguely recall that there's a bunch of dystopian society movies--a few of which I watched. I find them usually pretty dreary. Not a favorite use of my time.

Anyway--that's about all that's off the top of my head currently.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 01:29:24 pm by Quix »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Idiocracy

Yes, yes, yes!

Maybe also Soylent Green?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Boys from Brazil (1978)
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright