Author Topic: LIVE: President Trump's Islam Speech in Saudi Arabia - 5/21/17  (Read 7064 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: LIVE: President Trump's Islam Speech in Saudi Arabia - 5/21/17
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2017, 02:14:59 am »
Because the #nevertrumpers have an attention span about as long as their dicks.

I guess you're noting that they are quite long, still remembering a speech from 8 years ago.

And because @DCPatriot brought it up.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2017, 02:27:11 am »
I just don't understand   :shrug: ....  With this visit in it entirety and speech specifically:   Barriers and taboos broken, alliances strengthen, economic ties reinforced,  hope for peace in the region reignited, Iran isolated.  We are strong again; respected ... welcomed, and taken seriously again for the right reasons. 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:29:27 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline anubias

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2017, 03:51:46 am »
I just don't understand   :shrug: ....  With this visit in it entirety and speech specifically:   Barriers and taboos broken, alliances strengthen, economic ties reinforced,  hope for peace in the region reignited, Iran isolated.  We are strong again; respected ... welcomed, and taken seriously again for the right reasons.

Lots of happy folks at Lockheed Martin in Ft. Worth.

Online corbe

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2017, 03:52:57 am »

You got all that from a visit and a speech, that's phenomenal @Right_in_Virginia I should start paying more attention, obviously.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2017, 04:06:18 am »
   You got all that from a visit and a speech, that's phenomenal @Right_in_Virginia I should start paying more attention, obviously.

Yes, you should.  The difference in how Trump was treated than Obama was remarkable.  Trump not being a closet Shia might have had something to do with it, but I digress.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2017, 04:37:41 am »
Yes, you should.  The difference in how Trump was treated than Obama was remarkable.  Trump not being a closet Shia might have had something to do with it, but I digress.

Here are some sights and sounds from the President's trip to SA.  Here's part of welcome ceremony, note the line to shake the President's hand ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T53xflxjdw&t=433s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T53xflxjdw&t=433s

@anubias

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:38:36 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2017, 04:37:44 am »
    At this breathtaking pace @anubias we'll have peace among all the Galaxies by the end of his second term.  *****rollingeyes*****
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2017, 04:50:09 am »
Yes I did note how they all lined up to shake his hand.  Three different kings met him at the airport unlike Obama where they didn't even leave the palace to greet him.  Quite a difference, wouldn't you say?

@Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:55:11 am by anubias »

Offline anubias

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2017, 04:52:30 am »
    At this breathtaking pace @anubias we'll have peace among all the Galaxies by the end of his second term.  *****rollingeyes*****

How mature of you!  I guess you'd rather had another apology tour.  You must miss the Obama years badly.  Poor baby has a sads.  :(

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2017, 05:04:04 am »
This great honor had to have driven the Secret Service nuts ..... everyone had a sword!

Here's the President and First Lady's arrival for the ceremony and tour of the Palace. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAcLCRhKyKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAcLCRhKyKc

@anubias

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 05:06:58 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline anubias

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2017, 05:06:28 am »
That's exactly what we thought when we watched.  I think this visit was a Secret Service nightmare.

@Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 05:08:39 am by anubias »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2017, 05:09:29 am »
Yes I did note how they all lined up to shake his hand.  Three different kings met him at the airport unlike Obama where they didn't even leave the palace to greet him.  Quite a difference, wouldn't you say?

@Right_in_Virginia

I sure would!  And the king met the President at the foot of the stairs.  Quite remarkable.  @anubias

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2017, 05:10:37 am »

Damn it! @corbe ... you cracked the secret plan! 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2017, 06:11:27 am »

I actually though it was a pretty good speech.  However it was just a couple days ago that his Administration said the Western Wall is not Israeli territory.  You can only smooth talk Muslims so much.  Thinking that all these Muslim run countries are overwhelmingly appreciative to Trump for his speech?  No.  We will see what happens when Trump gets to Israel.  He has already offended them.  And if you think Israel is going to give up the Western Wall to make peace with Islam your smoking crack.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:32:27 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2017, 02:40:41 pm »

United to prevail how?  Anyone who knows about Islam knows that they have been in fighting since the beginning of the religion.  They blow each other up daily as noted in Trumps speech.  They also have been persecuting Christians and Jews since the beginning.  Their "holy book" says to kill them where you find them.  I don't think that World peace is going to be accomplished by Trump through one speech.  You would have to change Islam.  Trumps speech was incredible.  I actually think he believed what he was saying.  But if he were to achieve peace he would be the antichrist.  If he prevails with his talk on the Western Wall I might actually start wondering.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 01:26:15 am »
And to the Christians who think God is guiding Trump forget it.  I think I missed it myself the first time.  Trump said that Christianity, Judaism and Islam all worship the same god.  Islam does not worship the same god.  Islam worships the moon god.

geronl

« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2017, 03:51:41 am »
Trump sings Kumbayah with Muslims.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2017, 06:29:47 am »

Right, exactly.  That was some smooth talking wasn't it?  Great speech if Islam was what he said they are but they aren't.  He spoke it with such grandiose and I think he may have actually believed it.  Like he was god and can change the face of Islam.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2017, 11:38:44 pm »
Right, exactly.  That was some smooth talking wasn't it?  Great speech if Islam was what he said they are but they aren't.  He spoke it with such grandiose and I think he may have actually believed it.  Like he was god and can change the face of Islam.

Well, Christianity changed over time, so why not Islam. In the Middle ages, Christianity was every bit as savage and merciless as was Islam...in fact, in cultural and intellectual terms, Islam was superior to Christianity in its advancements in science, philosophy and the preservation of ancient written works. Fortunately, Christianity in the Western world grew out of its brutal aspects and gradually softened its edges. Islam, if anything, regressed. But what this shows is that change can happen on a large and broad scale, even when it comes to religious belief. It doesn't happen quickly, sadly, but evolution towards a more culturally benign application can occur over the centuries.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2017, 12:08:27 am »

Take some time and learn about the art of the possible.  The Arab world wants ISIS terrorists defeated, too.  Why is it a problem for you to join forces and achieve actual victory?

Wingnut

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2017, 12:55:19 am »

@geronl   The troll with the sig:
36 37! 37 on ignore.

Could you please make it 38 on ignore?  I knew that you could you  bleep ...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:34:20 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2017, 02:22:55 am »
Take some time and learn about the art of the possible.  The Arab world wants ISIS terrorists defeated, too.  Why is it a problem for you to join forces and achieve actual victory?

Precisely, an alliance with common interests is sufficient for the fight against ISIS, it doesn't mean we are required to fix every ill in the Middle East nor reform all of Islam. We were happy to ally with Stalin to defeat the Nazis...the enemy of my enemy is often my ally.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2017, 06:59:20 am »

@geronl   The troll with the sig:
36 37! 37 on ignore.

Could you please make it 38 on ignore?  I knew that you could you  bleep. 

37 People on "ignore" and he wears it like a Medal of Honor.

One would think that it may be time to reflect on their own behavior, if they have that many people on ignore.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald