Author Topic: Subway Commuters Unfazed By Blood-Soaked Newspapers On 7 Train  (Read 1768 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Ride the subway here for long enough and you learn to not look up from your phone or book or magazine full of left-wing clatptrap for basically any reason. Showtime dancers, mariachi band, subway preacher, clearly pregnant lady, all of it is greyed out in your magical reality-denying vision that's focused into a single point in front of you. Still, 7 train riders took that Zen focus to new heights this morning when they ignored what appeared to be a huge trail of blood getting sopped up by newspapers that ran down the center of a subway car.

A tipster emailed us the above pictures and told us that when he got on the 7 train at around 9:05 this morning, he "noticed this trail of liquid and everyone sitting around it." Shortly after getting on the train, the tipster tells us that a conductor's voice came over the speaker to ask if everyone was alright, and then the train was evacuated and taken out of service.

A Twitter user appears to have been on same train this morning, and tweeted her ongoing astonishment at both the blood and the nonchalance exhibited by her fellow straphangers:

More: http://gothamist.com/2017/05/18/subway_blood_trail_whatevs.php#photo-1

The article is full of tweets - as with all items passing for news these days - so the passengers were hardly ignoring the blood/spill/whateverthehellitis. Still, amusing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Subway Commuters Unfazed By Blood-Soaked Newspapers On 7 Train
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 10:15:03 am »
Good reason I avoid public transportation.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 10:42:38 am »
I think it is a hoax. It may be blood, but that does not mean that it is human blood.

I can imagine a criminal getting shot and not wanting to tell anyone. But if a person was bleeding to that extent, they would not be able, or care, to put newspaper over the blood. Who put the newspaper over the blood?

Nah. Sorry. I'm not buying it. Hoax. It is too set up and well arranged. A real bleeding victim would get blood all over everything.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 10:46:02 am »
MTA wouldn't confirm what it was. 

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:52:07 am »
I used to take the bus in Boston, then ran into an obese black woman rubbing cream all over her feet, on the bus.

That was it for me.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 10:55:22 am »
I used to take the bus in Boston, then ran into an obese black woman rubbing cream all over her feet, on the bus.

That was it for me.

Wimp. :smokin:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 11:06:23 am »
Where I am, the homeless use the bus as a kind of mobile home. They can get a free bus ticket from the shelter and once they get on the bus, any bus because they are not actually going anywhere, they stay on it all day. They have A/C in the summer, heat in the winter, and it keeps them out of the rain and snow. Beats sitting on a park bench all day. I guess?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 04:39:57 pm »

That was it for me.
Why...... She didn't ask you to help? :tongue2:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 04:43:13 pm »
Just another day on old 7.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 04:59:58 pm »

More: http://gothamist.com/2017/05/18/subway_blood_trail_whatevs.php#photo-1

The article is full of tweets - as with all items passing for news these days -

Yeah.  I don't get that at all.  When did that become an acceptable form of journalism.  I didn't find it in the Potters Box.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 05:23:28 pm »
Yeah.  I don't get that at all.  When did that become an acceptable form of journalism.  I didn't find it in the Potters Box.

I think the concept is good to a point. In traditional journalism, the journalist would have to go out, find witnesses, cull through statements and maybe or maybe not publish them based on his understanding. What is happening is people are beginning to be able to directly report the news as they see it in an instant.

It can't be worse than the state of journalism now. At that, it provides somewhat of a check to it.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 06:18:01 pm »

That was it for me.

Fly commercial lately?

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 03:46:10 am »
Fly commercial lately?

Not since 2009.