Author Topic: Welsh Farmer Accidentally Creates World's Hottest Chili  (Read 2002 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Welsh Farmer Accidentally Creates World's Hottest Chili
« on: May 19, 2017, 02:58:10 am »
Hot chili peppers have the best names. They sound dangerous and vaguely threatening. A warning for those stupid enough to actually try and eat one, if you will. “It’s not like we didn’t warn you,” they seem to say......

....It was they who verified that the Dragon’s Breath scored the highest rating ever recorded on the Scoville heat scale, 2.48 million, beating the rival Reaper, which measures 2.2 million.

The Scoville scale measures the intensity of heat in units. The 2.48 million Scoville heat units (SHU) means that one drop of oil from this chili can be detected in 2.48 million drops of water, making it basically weapons-grade hot. For comparison, pepper spray used by the US Army is 2 million SHU....

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/welsh-farmer-accidentally-creates-worlds-hottest-chili/

geronl

Re: Welsh Farmer Accidentally Creates World's Hottest Chili
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 03:01:48 am »
weaponized food

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 03:01:50 am »
The scientists believe that if you tried to actually eat this chili, your airways would likely close up from the burn and you’d go into anaphylactic shock and die.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 03:03:47 am »

SO, a pepper that can kill you. I sure hope it's not being delivered to stores....

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 03:05:52 am »
SO, a pepper that can kill you. I sure hope it's not being delivered to stores....

Nope, just a few scientists have access to it and are testing it to use as an antiseptic.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 03:07:55 am »
Nope, just a few scientists have access to it and are testing it to use as an antiseptic.

Maybe the US military should get a hold of some and airdrop them "accidently" on ISIS with the label "Halal"...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 03:22:19 am »
weaponized food

There is a point that is reached where the pepper becomes no longer 'food' in the traditional sense. Some of the peppers are as much 'food' as Drano. It becomes more of chemical agent than it is food.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 03:29:30 am »

There is a point that is reached where the pepper becomes no longer 'food' in the traditional sense. Some of the peppers are as much 'food' as Drano. It becomes more of chemical agent than it is food.

A pepper 10 times hotter than a Habanero?  Doesn't seem possible
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 03:45:56 am »
A pepper 10 times hotter than a Habanero?  Doesn't seem possible

When you have a pepper that will cause blisters if you touch it to your skin, no sane person would call that food.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 05:01:43 am »

When you have a pepper that will cause blisters if you touch it to your skin, no sane person would call that food.

They'd call it poison

Offline rodamala

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 05:38:58 am »
Go check out Hot Ones on First We Feast's Youtube channel.

The one with Bert "The Machine" Kreischer is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B9cdcjI2_U

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 06:00:48 am »
I used to grow Caribbean Habanero that was 3X hotter than a regular one. Used it for my Thai pepper paste figuring it would be hot and good habanero flavor.

Pfft. All you could taste was heat. It was brutal. I nicknamed it The Punisher. Gave some to my buddies, one of them Mexican, they said the same thing. So hot it was worthless.

Don't grow it anymore. Some heat is great, but if there's no flavor what's the point?
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 06:22:49 am »
Some heat is great, but if there's no flavor what's the point?

Yep. I am a pepper moderate. I like some heat... 3 Jalapenos or one Habanero would hit a pot of chili... As much as I like the heat, once it quits acting as a counterpoint to the savory, it quits being food.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 06:28:58 am »

The Welsh are really good at making hot things....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 09:38:49 am »

The Welsh are really good at making hot things....

Including the Anti-Modo...CZJ

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 12:31:27 pm »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington