Author Topic: How Houston has become the most diverse place in America  (Read 1671 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
How Houston has become the most diverse place in America
« on: May 17, 2017, 12:36:38 pm »
How Houston has become the most diverse place in America

By Brittny Mejia | Photography by Gary Coronado

May 9, 2017 | Reporting from Houston
Soccer players from Margaret Long Wisdom High School in Houston celebrate an undefeated season. (Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

The boys sprint in white and yellow uniforms down the green turf, grunting and sweating as the coach shouts from the sidelines. “Búscalo, búscalo,” he yells in Spanish, urging the players to sprint for the ball.

“Umusitari!” comes a voice on the sidelines — run down the line — from Biganiro Espoir, a native of the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The Margaret Long Wisdom High School soccer team hails from Central America, Mexico, Africa and points between. Its bench hums with Spanish, Kinyarwanda, Swahili and often English. But its real unifying language — soccer, played hard — is universal.

The high school is in southwest Houston, a city whose stunning growth and high-volume immigration have turned it into the most racially and ethnically diverse major metropolis in the country, surpassing New York in 2010.

Continued: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-houston-diversity-2017-htmlstory.html

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: How Houston has become the most diverse place in America
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 01:06:49 pm »

Went into a Walmart in the Galleria area last year and everyone around me was speaking a language that was decidedly not English.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 02:22:56 pm »
Liberal dictionary definitions:

Diversity - We hate Whites, America, Western Civilization, and the Constitution, so we are going to ethnically cleanse and balkanize America, so we can turn it into another authoritarian turd world country that we the liberal elite can rule over without those pesky peasants challenging us.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 03:28:00 pm »
In likely related news...

Rare Superbug Strain Found in US City (Houston)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rare-superbug-strain-found-in-us-city/ar-BBBdypa?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 03:28:21 pm »
Liberal dictionary definitions:

Diversity - We hate Whites, America, Western Civilization, and the Constitution, so we are going to ethnically cleanse and balkanize America, so we can turn it into another authoritarian turd world country that we the liberal elite can rule over without those pesky peasants challenging us.

Exactly. That's what these liberal shitnuts mean when they posit diversity as a good thing: void of white people which is a good thing.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 03:40:21 pm »
Went into a Walmart in the Galleria area last year and everyone around me was speaking a language that was decidedly not English.

I've noticed a recent influx of Europeans in my town, French, German, British.

But I'm fairly certain this isn't the kind of diversity Ms Mejia crows about.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 04:10:41 pm »
I've noticed a recent influx of Europeans in my town, French, German, British.

But I'm fairly certain this isn't the kind of diversity Ms Mejia crows about.

Sadly they are almost as bad anymore because Europe is so darn liberal.

Don't care what they look like, just give me people that want to work, value family, will learn the language, and are law abiding.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 05:06:51 pm »
Sadly they are almost as bad anymore because Europe is so darn liberal.

Don't care what they look like, just give me people that want to work, value family, will learn the language, and are law abiding.

If only this were true. And allowing in only those who appreciate and honor the Constitution and the concept of the sovereign individual is such a remote possibility that to even suggest it is to invite all kinds of guffaws & abuse.