Author Topic: Trump told Comey to consider imprisoning reporters who publish leaks  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/16/media/trump-imprison-reporters/index.html

President Trump has called reporters dishonest, said the media is "the enemy of the American people," and mused about making it easier to sue journalists. And, according to a new report, he has gone even further than that in private, telling then-FBI Director James Comey that Comey should consider locking reporters up.

Offline kevindavis007

:wtf!:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

• Technical
:wtf!:

I know people will be along to say this is fake news and I really hope it is to be honest.

Offline kevindavis007

I know people will be along to say this is fake news and I really hope it is to be honest.

I think you are right...

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Reminds me of the recent election in France where the government threatened any media that published the Macron emails (or even about them).

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Anyone who leaks classified information should be jailed.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

This isn't about the leakers, this is going after the media who report the leaks.
This also doesn't specify classified data. As we've seen, most leaks (true or not) weren't about classified data but just dirt.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Who said he was talking about classified information?  If it is classified they shouldn't have access.  That how its supposed to work right?

I find this troubling.  If Trump has people in his administration leaking classified information it would have to come from the top.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline kevindavis007

This isn't about the leakers, this is going after the media who report the leaks.
This also doesn't specify classified data. As we've seen, most leaks (true or not) weren't about classified data but just dirt.

But since Trump is attacking 'The Media', it is ok..

Offline Right_in_Virginia

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/16/media/trump-imprison-reporters/index.html

Are you saying reporters who publish leaks ... from unnamed sources... deliberately to weaken the President and CIC are correct and should be encouraged @Weird Tolkienish Figure ?

• Technical
Re: Trump told Comey to consider imprisoning reporters who publish leaks
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 03:00:53 am »
Are you saying reporters who publish leaks ... from unnamed sources... deliberately to weaken the President and CIC are correct and should be encouraged @Weird Tolkienish Figure ?

Are you saying they should be imprisoned?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 03:29:07 am »
Are you saying they should be imprisoned?

I'm saying we should talk about it @Weird Tolkienish Figure .... how DO we deal with those who try to overthrow the lawfully elected POTUS??

Right back at 'ya ...

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 03:31:32 am »
I'm saying we should talk about it @Weird Tolkienish Figure .... how DO we deal with those who try to overthrow the lawfully elected POTUS??

Right back at 'ya ...

Wow RiV, you're so smart. Gee. Why don't you tell me?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 03:42:31 am »
CNN has confirmed the existence of the memo and the fact that it says Trump asked Comey to drop the investigation, but has not yet confirmed the request regarding reporters, which the Times reported on based on an "associate" of Comey's reading it to the Times reporter.

Jesus Christ. We got CNN Money reporting on a CNN report on a NY Times report based on an Unnamed Source reading a half used piece of toilet paper which is an etching of a memo that Comey may or may not have written regarding an allegation no one is making.

Local classifieds you pick up at the super market are based in more journalistic reality.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 05:56:59 am »

I always trust 'according to reports' as a source.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 05:58:30 am »
CNN has confirmed the existence of the memo and the fact that it says Trump asked Comey to drop the investigation, but has not yet confirmed the request regarding reporters, which the Times reported on based on an "associate" of Comey's reading it to the Times reporter.

Jesus Christ. We got CNN Money reporting on a CNN report on a NY Times report based on an Unnamed Source reading a half used piece of toilet paper which is an etching of a memo that Comey may or may not have written regarding an allegation no one is making.

Local classifieds you pick up at the super market are based in more journalistic reality.

But John McCain and Lindsey Graham are really disturbed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 06:03:49 am »
Serious doubts about this one. Going to consider it the usual CNN hyperventilating over flagrant bullshit until proven wrong.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline anubias

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 06:19:11 am »
Comey's friend said that Trump asked them to do something about the reporters leaking CLASSIFIED info.  I can believe Trump would say this.  I'm not saying he did say it as I do not know, but it is plausible at least, unlike the rest of the garbage the MFM has been throwing against the wall.

geronl

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 06:33:30 am »
That pesky Bill of Rights thwarts him again!