Author Topic: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?  (Read 61123 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?
« Reply #425 on: May 18, 2017, 03:10:36 pm »
That's what we get for not hanging out with the 'cool kids' with the orange crack pipe... :shrug:

Chucky channeling '60's mojo.  Far Out Man!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #426 on: May 18, 2017, 03:15:43 pm »
Shouldn't that be left to the Trumpbots...I mean Trump does consider Schmucky a good friend...someone that he can work with.

You say that but there are your two heroes having a circle jerk yesterday with a corrupt POS.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #427 on: May 18, 2017, 03:17:42 pm »
I am one and I do know @roamer_1   I'm simply giving my 2 cents on how to win elections and govern.  But, hey, if that isn't what conservatism is about or wants, then the strategy is working.   :shrug:

@Right_in_Virginia
Aw, we all know you think you are, darlin'... That's part of your charm, bless your little heart! :bighug:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:19:04 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #428 on: May 18, 2017, 03:30:00 pm »
You say that but there are your two heroes having a circle jerk yesterday with a corrupt POS.

Not my heroes.  The people I consider heroes have nothing to with the idiots currently infesting Sodom on the Potomac.

I leave the Idol worship to folks like you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #429 on: May 18, 2017, 03:45:14 pm »

Reminds me of the old windows message:

If you are having trouble connecting to the internet, check our Online Help...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #430 on: May 18, 2017, 03:46:59 pm »

Sort of like accusing the Russians of hacking and interfering with the outcome of the election when none of the voting machines are connected to the internet.

Oh ... did you know that Trump owned all those voting machines?  Just kidding .... but that's exactly how rumors and b.s. get started.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:47:53 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #431 on: May 18, 2017, 03:48:22 pm »
Not my heroes.  The people I consider heroes have nothing to with the idiots currently infesting Sodom on the Potomac.

I leave the Idol worship to folks like you.

Folks like me azzhole? Who exactly are folks like me you little pr*ck?

Silver Pines

« Reply #432 on: May 18, 2017, 03:50:51 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #433 on: May 18, 2017, 03:56:24 pm »

LOL

Robinson can't get that rustbucket site taped back together fast enough.

Ain't THAT the truth!!  :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline MOD4

« Reply #434 on: May 18, 2017, 04:00:03 pm »
Lets keep it at Defcon 3 or lower, please.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #435 on: May 18, 2017, 04:00:24 pm »
Amen, brother!

That's just it.  The Democrats effectively are in power, because Conservatism has been abandoned by the very people campaigning on its coattails.  The Dems get to keep Obamacare.  The Dems get to keep exorbitant tax rates.  The Dems get to keep baseline budgeting.  The Dems get to keep annual trillion dollar expansions of the money supply through the printing-of-the-money by the Fed.  And the Dems get to keep control of the narrative.  All because Conservatives were told to get in the back of the bus by people who care more about holding on to political power just like Democrats than they care about actually rolling back the power of Government.

To hell with you all you Democrat-wannabees.  Unless we begin cutting back the encroachment of government in our lives - unless we get the federal government the hell out of health care insurance - unless we bring federal spending below 19% of GDP - unless we implement a flat tax where everyone who holds a job becomes accountable, then we as a nation will cease to exist.  And after 17 months of campaigning, two months of preparation, and four months in office, it is clear that not one of you Trump sycophants gives a damn about any of these things.  All you care about is having power.

Haven't you heard?  'Pragmatism' is what wins elections and makes change.  Principles are are for those who are 'nuttier than a fruitcake'.  'Principles' are for those who want a theocratic dictatorship.

Just like their Leftist counterparts, the AlwaysTrump Pragmatists are going to ignore facts when it denigrates their political parties and messiahs, even when most of what is promised in terms of shrinking the power of the Beast is reneged by the very peoples and party they put into power.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #436 on: May 18, 2017, 04:04:23 pm »
Lets keep it at Defcon 3 or lower, please.
But lower numbers are a higher alert state. Jus' saying... :shrug:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #437 on: May 18, 2017, 04:09:48 pm »
Haven't you heard?  'Pragmatism' is what wins elections and makes change.
Oh. Like McDonalds.
  Principles are are for those who are 'nuttier than a fruitcake'.
Better to have nuts than be nuts.
'Principles' are for those who want a theocratic dictatorship.
What "theo"? There are a couple out there that don't match my principles.
Just like their Leftist counterparts, the AlwaysTrump Pragmatists are going to ignore facts when it denigrates their political parties and messiahs, even when most of what is promised in terms of shrinking the power of the Beast is reneged by the very peoples and party they put into power.
Well, they have ever handled defeat badly, especially at their own hands. SSDD, really. I just wonder how all those people they didn't need (or want, even) got to be the bad guys.  :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #438 on: May 18, 2017, 04:11:39 pm »

It's not that old.  Dumbest message ever.  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #439 on: May 18, 2017, 04:16:54 pm »
Folks like me azzhole? Who exactly are folks like me you little bleep?

Like you really have to ask.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline anubias

« Reply #440 on: May 18, 2017, 04:36:22 pm »
A car ran into pedestrians on a pedestrian-only mall in NYC injuring 13. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #441 on: May 18, 2017, 04:39:43 pm »
I just wonder how all those people they didn't need (or want, even) got to be the bad guys.  :shrug:

You know the answer to that.  We refused to

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #442 on: May 18, 2017, 04:40:06 pm »
Folks like me azzhole? Who exactly are folks like me you little bleep?

Love the understated charm, Frank.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #443 on: May 18, 2017, 04:42:21 pm »
Cruz lost me with his tactical and strategic incompetence in the 2013 Obamacare shutdown fight.

It was a fight at the wrong time, on the wrong issue, and with insufficient resources.

How many times did Harry Reid circular-file legislation when Democrats had the Senate majority? Did anyone seriously think he was going to allow a vote to defund Obamacare?

You can talk your principles all you want, but Cruz would have lost in a landslide with his proven tactical and strategic incompetence. The wages of that would have been an army of Lois Lerners suppressing conservative speech while a Merrick Garland Supreme Court invented "constitutional rights" for every left-wing agenda item under the sun. The wages Barry Goldwater's tactical and strategic incompetence was mere bankruptcy from an entitlement state that LBJ had the popular mandate for.

Sorry if I wasn't eager to join your quest to commit suicide.

I hope God is running next time because there is no earthly being that suits 'you people.'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #444 on: May 18, 2017, 04:44:49 pm »
I hope God is running next time because there is no earthly being that suits 'you people.'

Not to mention his boys premeditated effort to smear Cruz and his family.  Trumpets and their leader deserve each other.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jarhead

« Reply #445 on: May 18, 2017, 04:48:44 pm »
Not to mention his boys premeditated effort to smear Cruz and his family.  Trumpets and their leader deserve each other.

The primaries ended months ago. Who is worse those that blindly support Trump (which is bad) or those that complain about it yet still are the only ones pointing back to the primaries they never got over. Hillary supporters are doing the same thing today. Throwing fits because their horse didn't make the podium.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:49:17 pm by Jarhead »

Offline beandog

« Reply #446 on: May 18, 2017, 04:55:49 pm »
The primaries ended months ago. Who is worse those that blindly support Trump (which is bad) or those that complain about it yet still are the only ones pointing back to the primaries they never got over. Hillary supporters are doing the same thing today. Throwing fits because their horse didn't make the podium.
I was a supporter Sen. Cruz and still believe he'd have been a better president than Trump but, I am happy to see that Sen. Cruz is more of an adult and patriot than some of those who supposedly supported him.  If he is able to put aside any feelings of bitterness he has towards Trump, with reason, to do what is best for the country than who am I to do differently. :shrug:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #447 on: May 18, 2017, 04:58:40 pm »
The primaries ended months ago. Who is worse those that blindly support Trump (which is bad) or those that complain about it yet still are the only ones pointing back to the primaries they never got over.
So just because it was in the past, it's OK now, even though he never actually rectified the damage he caused?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline beandog

« Reply #448 on: May 18, 2017, 05:10:41 pm »
So just because it was in the past, it's OK now, even though he never actually rectified the damage he caused?
If Sen. Cruz can move on for the good of the country, so can you. :thud:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #449 on: May 18, 2017, 05:16:51 pm »
If Sen. Cruz can move on for the good of the country, so can you. :thud:

What does that have to do with anything?
Because Cruz, being a politician, with a far more limited scope in action, must back the Orange Twinkie in order to function, how in the hell does it follow that I must thereby support a buffoon of such caliber as I have seldom seen in my life?

I will not lend credence or support to a man of proven low character. Not because I am holier-than-thou, as some here have opined, but rather, because life has long past taught me the fallacy of doing so.

Whatever Cruz may do or not do has no bearing upon that whatsoever.