Author Topic: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?  (Read 61137 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?
« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2017, 02:32:29 am »
That's because being "right" is more important to some than doing the right thing. :shrug:

That is always what those without any governing principles charge those of us who are governed by principles.

What you define as 'right' and what principles dictate is 'right' are mutually exclusive when it comes to Trump.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2017, 02:32:56 am »
No, we won't.

Because we are governed by principles you people have no use for, and we're not wannabe Jihadists or Fascists that you opined earlier today should kill reporters and who tell everyone who doesn't seig-heil to shut up.

You are just too good to be true.  And thanks for not calling your fellow posters 'wannabe Jihadists or Facists' while claiming that Trump supporters are mean.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2017, 02:33:52 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2017, 02:34:21 am »
No, we won't.

Because we are governed by principles you people have no use for, and we're not wannabe Jihadists or Fascists that you opined earlier today should kill reporters and who tell everyone who doesn't seig-heil to shut up.

That isn't what I said at all, fumb duck!    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2017, 02:34:36 am »
I actually heard him say that and truer words were never spoken.

He did not follow up that statement with saying how tired he was or that he couldn't take it anymore.

In the same speech (which I posted ... somewhere) the President also said "the more righteous your goal, the more opposition you will face, but don't ever, ever, ever give up!"   

I haven't heard this clip on the news.   :pondering:

@Emjay

Offline beandog

« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2017, 02:34:58 am »
Fascinating, isn't it? 

...and when you consider what's at stake?   Then you get pissed off.     :smokin:
When I get pissed off I just go outside and dig torpedo grass out of my lawn.  I seem to be doing that a lot lately.  If you get really pissed off, you can come and help me.  It does help. :silly:

Offline beandog

« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2017, 02:37:30 am »
That is always what those without any governing principles charge those of us who are governed by principles.

What you define as 'right' and what principles dictate is 'right' are mutually exclusive when it comes to Trump.
Just keep telling yourself that.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2017, 02:38:44 am »
   Your buddy @Frank Cannon

I'm everybody's buddy you dumb bleep and don't you forget it.

Online corbe

« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2017, 02:39:00 am »
Sorry, but being ambitious is not the same thing as putting aside your morals and character to support a man that you do not admire.  Either Pence did admire and support the Donald, in which case according to some that would make him a man of low character, or he did it just to advance himself politically, which would make him a man of low charcter in my opinion.  I sure wasn't under the impression that he wasn't a saint, just a man of high moral character.  Either he is or he isn't. :shrug:

When Gov. Pence vetoed the Religious Freedom Bill his Legislature passed after saying he would sign it, interrupted by the VP selection committee, His loving Trump was not a surprise, typical politician, Tea Party died a long time ago, let it go.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2017, 02:39:05 am »
You are just too good to be true.  And thanks for not calling your fellow posters 'wannabe Jihadists or Facists' while claiming that Trump supporters are mean.

I guess you missed the quote from earlier today then:

Quote from: DCPatriot on Today at 08:54:12 AM
It's past time to emulate the Islamic Jihadists....

Suggesting violence be done to reporters. 

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #335 on: May 18, 2017, 02:40:06 am »
That isn't what I said at all, fumb duck!    *****rollingeyes*****

The internet is forever bub:

Quote from: DCPatriot on Today at 08:54:12 AM
It's past time to emulate the Islamic Jihadists....

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #336 on: May 18, 2017, 02:42:41 am »
    And that's why that Commandment about Adultery says it's ok on Thursdays only./s
    You either have principles or you don't, rather simple @DCPatriot

Love baseball analogies, @corbe

Ty Cobb was hated.  A mean drunk, a womanizer...to the point, nobody's wife or girlfriend, sister or mother was safe to be alone with him.

Many hometown fans and even people in the organization had 'principles' and wanted him traded.

The rest is history.  http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/20249/ty-cobb   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #337 on: May 18, 2017, 02:44:31 am »
In the same speech (which I posted ... somewhere) the President also said "the more righteous your goal, the more opposition you will face, but don't ever, ever, ever give up!"   

I haven't heard this clip on the news.   :pondering:

@Emjay

You won't... but I heard it because I actually watched part of his speech on Fox News.

And I hate to watch speeches but this one actually wasn't bad and his remark about the press was spot on and I see no reason to criticize him for making it.

I would have gone the sarcastic route ... something like "I want to thank the press for their fairness in handling the current gossip."  But Trump doesn't do sarcasm.

Offline beandog

« Reply #338 on: May 18, 2017, 02:48:33 am »
   When Gov. Pence vetoed the Religious Freedom Bill his Legislature passed after saying he would sign it, interrupted by the VP selection committee, His loving Trump was not a surprise, typical politician, Tea Party died a long time ago, let it go.
Then why do so many posters around here seem eager to make him the next President.  You either get Trump or the man who supported Trump.    There are know other choices. :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #339 on: May 18, 2017, 02:49:26 am »
The internet is forever bub:

Yeah....how about that?

Only difference is, that I don't give a sh*t.

I've got principles too!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #340 on: May 18, 2017, 02:51:04 am »
Love baseball analogies, @corbe

Ty Cobb was hated.  A mean drunk, a womanizer...to the point, nobody's wife or girlfriend, sister or mother was safe to be alone with him.

Many hometown fans and even people in the organization had 'principles' and wanted him traded.

The rest is history.  http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/20249/ty-cobb   

Go, Rangers.

But, yes, one thing the Trump haters have in common is that they reek of self-righteousness to the point that I had to bring my gardenia in beside my computer.

THEY are the good ones ... the ones too smart and too principled to fall for a person with as many faults as Trump has. 

But, don't worry, they will be here keeping the faith (as they call it)  until they succeed in poisoning the well and we have good ole liberals back in control.

Online corbe

« Reply #341 on: May 18, 2017, 02:51:32 am »
Then why do so many posters around here seem eager to make him the next President.  You either get Trump or the man who supported Trump.    There are know other choices. :shrug:

Finally @beandog someone explains the BINARY Theory CORRECTLY to me.
   I say we dance with the one who brung us - Trump.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #342 on: May 18, 2017, 02:52:47 am »
Go, Rangers.

But, yes, one thing the Trump haters have in common is that they reek of self-righteousness to the point that I had to bring my gardenia in beside my computer.

THEY are the good ones ... the ones too smart and too principled to fall for a person with as many faults as Trump has. 

But, don't worry, they will be here keeping the faith (as they call it)  until they succeed in poisoning the well and we have good ole liberals back in control.

And to think some of them were the dearest of friends.     **nononono*

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #343 on: May 18, 2017, 02:55:56 am »
That's because being "right" is more important to some than doing the right thing. :shrug:
So, pray tell, how do you do "the right thing" if it is wrong?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2017, 02:57:41 am »

This is hilarious! The guy you voted for as Prez - was a lifelong NYC LIBERAL DEMOCRAT.  YOU already put good ole liberals back in control!  Congrats!

We have nothing to do with it.  You guys are on your own.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2017, 02:58:16 am »
So, pray tell, how do you do "the right thing" if it is wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-fkSYDtUY

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2017, 03:03:35 am »
Yeah....how about that?

Only difference is, that I don't give a sh*t.

I've got principles too!

Yeah, lying being one of them apparently given your Pig Latin Profanity denial of what you posted.

So now after I have provided the quote of yours that I was citing - you tell us that you don't care.

I definitely do not share your principles.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2017, 03:03:53 am »
   Finally @beandog someone explains the BINARY Theory CORRECTLY to me.
   I say we dance with the one who brung us - Trump.

Corbe !!!!

Online corbe

« Reply #348 on: May 18, 2017, 03:04:18 am »
   With all due respect @DCPatriot  I do get your analogy about Ty Cobb (I think) and how it relates to Principles and whether you are a winner or not based on the financial reward you return to your organization.

I have a very short Sports season-1 Month (if I'm lucky) NBA Playoffs, left MLB in the 94 Strike and the NFL when Bud Adams took my beloved Oilers to Tennessee.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #349 on: May 18, 2017, 03:04:27 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-fkSYDtUY
So the only answer you have is a slap in the face? About what I'd expect for jihadi guy.
It appears you don't have an answer. Thanks for playing.

How do you do "the right thing" if it is wrong?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:05:53 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis