Author Topic: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?  (Read 61118 times)

Online corbe

Re: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:51 pm »
That's a kinnard! Share with us please what policies of major consequence is he pushing that is oh so liberal? Believe me I had to get over the butt hurt too when my guy Cruz didn't get in but I'll be honest objectively looking at his agenda and what policies he is pushing are conservative. Problem I see is most still believe it is the primaries akin to Hillary losing the election and not letting it go.

Border security through wall
Cut off immigration
Invest in America
Kill Obamacare
Bring jobs back (I don't agree 100% with his policy on this one)
Cut taxes across the board
Kill regulations crippling business
Openly talk about faith
Kill EPA regs
Open up land reserved by the Feds and place back under State control

So back to my original, what policies above does a liberal support? His agenda is far more conservative than ANY imagined and far more than any that has been pushed since Reagan.

AGENDA:  these are all words so far, Yes he killed some EPA regs then gutted the agency's funds in the budget he signed off on then threw in some bucks for PP to appease Ivanka.
   Immigration: get back to me when he cancels obummers EO's on DACA and DAPA.
   He's the main reason we didn't get the Repeal of ACA because his deputies (Bannon, Miller, Reince) screwed the process up, Ryan being such a puss and all.   
   Openly Talks about Faith, I'm still laughing about that one.

Hey we got Gorsuch, Pruitt, Mattis and Perry so I'm kool but the rest are merely Words as @geronl says.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2017, 10:10:21 pm »
Maybe you should tell that to Pence, since he supported him, agreed to be his VP and I presume voted for him.  What does that make him.  According to a lot of NTs, that makes him not a conservative. :shrug:

@beandog

Do you think Pence is a man without ambition?  He's a politician, after all.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2017, 10:14:14 pm »
Too bad, in your folly, that you chose a boorish NY liberal with ties to the mob, and globalism to bear that standard.

I know I am just a back country hick, but around here, while we know putting a fox in the henhouse might change the status in the henhouse, we have the foresight to know that not all changes to the henhouse are desirable.

Congratulations.

I am, again, humbled by your brilliance ... deeply insightful comments and gratuitous compliment.

I am glad we're finally on the same side.  You are a treasure.   :beer:

Offline Jarhead

« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2017, 10:14:57 pm »
   AGENDA:  these are all words so far, Yes he killed some EPA regs then gutted the agency's funds in the budget he signed off on then threw in some bucks for PP to appease Ivanka.
   He's the main reason we didn't get the Repeal of ACA because his deputies (Bannon, Miller, Reince) screwed the process up, Ryan being such a puss and all.   

Hey we got Gorsuch, Pruitt, Mattis and Perry so I'm kool but the rest are merely Words as @geronl says.

It wasn't a budget but a CR. The budget battle is in a couple months.
We didn't get a repeal of ACA because of a feckless GOPe congress.
DACA YOU WONT hear me support this and agree it makes no sense

I believe a lot of your angst shouldn't be pointed at Trump as he sets forth policy and ideas then leads the party to adopt. It is up to Congress to architect the bill and pass it to his desk.

Your issue should primarily be with a worthless do nothing GOPe Congress not entirely with Trump

« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2017, 10:15:33 pm »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:20:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2017, 10:19:40 pm »
That's a kinnard!

I take it you meant 'canard', otherwise plz define.

Share with us please what policies of major consequence is he pushing that is oh so liberal?

all of them, in the end.

Believe me I had to get over the butt hurt too when my guy Cruz didn't get in

Not a matter of butthurt in the least. It amazes me how often y'all accuse it of me.

I am against Trump because I will not (ever) consciously associate myself with a man of deprecable character.
I am against Trump because he is a liberal, and has always been a liberal. His thinking is liberal, his family is liberal, and all that will not change, even though you might hope for the 'Road to Damascus' conversion he proclaims.

but I'll be honest objectively looking at his agenda and what policies he is pushing are conservative. Problem I see is most still believe it is the primaries akin to Hillary losing the election and not letting it go.

Precisely why I am no longer a Republican. I am not impressed with the idea that I must fall in line behind the 'Won'. I find it a deplorable trait. I will ever follow those of merit, or I will lead. But I do not salute the brass for the brass's sake.

Border security through wall
Cut off immigration
Invest in America
Kill Obamacare
Bring jobs back (I don't agree 100% with his policy on this one)
Cut taxes across the board
Kill regulations crippling business
Openly talk about faith
Kill EPA regs
Open up land reserved by the Feds and place back under State control

Talking points, subject to change... And changing already.

So back to my original, what policies above does a liberal support? His agenda is far more conservative than ANY imagined and far more than any that has been pushed since Reagan.

His agenda is bullsh*t meant to dance you down the garden path.
What possible reason would one have for believing a man who literally cannot prevent himself from lying for ten minutes? He lies like a rug, and yet you believe him.

Online corbe

« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2017, 10:27:39 pm »
   @roamer_1 I really wasn't that shocked or surprised when he made the "Grab them by the..." comment, I already knew he was just a MAN, lacking in Character like some of us, What was equally not shocking was the fact that he said it into a Live Microphone, it confirmed my suspensions of what stupid looks like.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2017, 10:29:53 pm »
I am, again, humbled by your brilliance ... deeply insightful comments and gratuitous compliment.

I am glad we're finally on the same side.  You are a treasure.   :beer:

Yah right back atcha... Here's a nice song Just for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqowmHgxVJQ

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2017, 10:35:55 pm »
   @roamer_1 I really wasn't that shocked or surprised when he made the "Grab them by the..." comment, I already knew he was just a MAN, lacking in Character like some of us, What was equally not shocking was the fact that he said it into a Live Microphone, it confirmed my suspensions of what stupid looks like.

@corbe

He hasn't shocked me in the least. I've seen a thousand just like him, and can smell em coming from a mile away. What continues to amaze me is how very many fall for it. Billy Jeff Clinton is cut from the same cloth...

« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2017, 10:41:53 pm »
Yah right back atcha... Here's a nice song Just for you. 

No thank you @roamer_1   You've been far too nice as it is.

« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2017, 10:44:17 pm »

What the hell are you complaining about @corbe ?  You're getting what you want served on a silver platter.

Gee, can't you ever be happy?

Online corbe

« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2017, 10:49:47 pm »
What the hell are you complaining about @corbe ?  You're getting what you want served on a silver platter.

Gee, can't you ever be happy?

I am happy @Right_in_Virginia I don't advocate Impeachment at all, and if there is one it's more his making than the MSM, as has already been ascertained, Haters gotta hater, But I do want him to stick to character and go down fighting, it's more entertaining that way.

:2popcorn:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:50:35 pm by corbe »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2017, 11:06:39 pm »
Mike Pence ... to be honest, I had never heard of him till Trump named him his VP...something about the guy I just don't trust.  The MSM and the DEMS aren't going to stop.  They are in full 'war' mode.  They lost.  They have nothing left other than their lies, their accusations and a MSM that is willing to spread their b.s.
Actually, he was a primary maybe when Romney was running, maybe even McCain. He did not look that bad, then. At least he wasn't on my "Oh, Hell no!" list. I can see him taking the veep offer, because 'if not now, when?' I don't think he was on the country-clubber's dance card.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2017, 11:13:09 pm »
It wasn't a budget but a CR. The budget battle is in a couple months.
We didn't get a repeal of ACA because of a feckless GOPe congress.
DACA YOU WONT hear me support this and agree it makes no sense

I believe a lot of your angst shouldn't be pointed at Trump as he sets forth policy and ideas then leads the party to adopt. It is up to Congress to architect the bill and pass it to his desk.

Your issue should primarily be with a worthless do nothing GOPe Congress not entirely with Trump

I think you make a very good point.

On the things he can do, he's done a decent job.  He hasn't done everything he said he'd do (DAY ONE), and he's reversed himself on some (didn't see that coming), but all in all it seems to be he's done a goof bit to a lot more good than harm.

And then there's Congress.  POTUS can insipire/threaten/bribe/beg, but it's up to the Congress to send him bills to sign.  They have no reason to care one bit about POTUS's agenda.  They write the bills.  What conservative bills has trump vetoed?

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2017, 11:15:31 pm »
@skeeter

Post of the day!  If not the month!   888high58888

Thanks, Bigun.

Glad your road trip went well!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2017, 11:17:49 pm »
But, honestly @roamer_1 how much can we be expected to endure?  Some of us, myself included, fought long and hard for a different type of leader to pull this country back to the right direction and at the least break up the deep state.

I am convinced such expectations were sheer folly.  And I'll admit, it is time for President Trump to pack his bags, or we'll pack them for him.  It's just enough.

I am inclined to believe they will allow Pence to assume the Presidency.  He'll be neutered, but at least we'll hold the office.

I envision a Paul Ryan type, or Paul Ryan himself, selected as VP ... and after muted and sparse gnashing of teeth, the Senate, including the majority of Democrats, will confirm the nominee. It will be hailed as the first act of reconciliation after the disaster of Donald Trump.  And this reconciliation will be the hallmark of all legislation.

The nightmare and the turmoil will be over and a sense of normalcy will be returned.  Hell, even here friendship and civility will return.  Enough with the fight.  It's too exhausting.
@Right_in_Virginia
Have you noticed any numbness or tingling in your extremities?
Is your speech slurred?
Are you having trouble with your vision?
Check in the mirror and make sure you have normal full facial mobility on both sides.
If the answer to any of the first three is yes, or the answer to the last question is no, and you  have not been consuming excessive amounts of alcohol based refreshments or muscle relaxers, please seek medical attention...you may have had a stroke.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:19:21 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2017, 11:21:52 pm »
Then things would get really ugly, because people would not stand for that.

Of course they would.

What else can they do? The State gets what the State wants. And the state wants a progressive.

« Reply #292 on: May 17, 2017, 11:27:18 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
Have you noticed any numbness or tingling in your extremities?
Is your speech slurred?
Are you having trouble with your vision?
Check in the mirror and make sure you have normal full facial mobility on both sides.
If the answer to any of the first three is yes, or the answer to the last question is no, and you  have not been consuming excessive amounts of alcohol based refreshments or muscle relaxers, please seek medical attention...you may have had a stroke.

Well, if you believed my post was legitimate @Smokin Joe .... perhaps you should be taking your own advice.   888blackhat

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2017, 11:31:07 pm »
Of course they would.

What else can they do? The State gets what the State wants. And the state wants a progressive.
Lawless rants across the country? Rioting? Looting? Nah. Too many people out there now with rifles that will hit from 300+ yards. Looting will be stopped, whether the government wants to or not. All it has to do is get too close to the wrong neighborhood and the neighbors will vote from the rooftops.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2017, 11:53:10 pm »
I think Pence would have a far better shot at unified action. At actually creating a working coalition. He is respected by the Tea Party (even though everyone realizes he needs a backbone), and the moderates will work with him... And he didn't spend a year and a half pissing off absolutely everyone.

And his impeccable character, long record, and mundane lifestyle would leave the press with little traction.

If there is a way forward that will really get things done, it is probably more though Pence than Trump.

The catalyst to destroy this administration has already been started .... Pence isn't going to make this all go away.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2017, 12:06:23 am »
@beandog

Do you think Pence is a man without ambition?  He's a politician, after all.

So is Chris Christie but his lifes ambition is that next 5AM donut run.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2017, 12:10:24 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2017, 12:12:42 am »
I think you make a very good point.

On the things he can do, he's done a decent job.  He hasn't done everything he said he'd do (DAY ONE), and he's reversed himself on some (didn't see that coming), but all in all it seems to be he's done a goof bit to a lot more good than harm.

And then there's Congress.  POTUS can insipire/threaten/bribe/beg, but it's up to the Congress to send him bills to sign.  They have no reason to care one bit about POTUS's agenda.  They write the bills.  What conservative bills has trump vetoed?

He did threaten to "primary" conservatives - and no one else.

Silver Pines

« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2017, 12:13:49 am »
So is Chris Christie but his lifes ambition is that next 5AM donut run.

@geronl

Lol

After a meatloaf dinner.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2017, 12:35:08 am »
He did threaten to "primary" conservatives - and no one else.

True.  Good point.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.