Author Topic: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?  (Read 61113 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2017, 03:13:32 pm »
So to celebrate the second amendment being intact, you applaud a call to take the first amendment out back and shoot it.

Smooth.

That's how Trumpism works.  C'mon get with the program.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2017, 03:14:28 pm »
No it's not.

It's prepping the ground for our unique version of Robespierre's Terror.

I'm afraid that comment is probably wasted among most here and a few likely think its a great idea.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2017, 03:15:29 pm »
I'm afraid that comment is probably wasted among most here and a few likely think its a great idea.

I agree.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2017, 03:16:09 pm »
I'll "dump Trump" when he's given me reason to dump him by my standards, not by the comically-unfair standards of #NeverTrump.

Works for me. That's your right.  :beer:

Welcome in, BTW.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2017, 03:20:08 pm »
WTF....Let the new member settle in before you start attacking him...show him we have manners here!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2017, 03:21:30 pm »
   With FR down our resident Trumpsters are getting added reinforcements and I am glad, they needed some fresh blood.  Welcome to all you newbies.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2017, 03:24:13 pm »
Right, but calling for violence against reporters is just fine and dandy with you?

No....why say that you know it's not true....I have privately asked for that to be edited...if it is not I will do it!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline beandog

« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2017, 03:26:33 pm »
I'll "dump Trump" when he's given me reason to dump him by my standards, not by the comically-unfair standards of #NeverTrump.
:amen:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2017, 03:30:33 pm »
No....why say that you know it's not true....I have privately asked for that to be edited...if it is not I will do it!

I agree with your stated position and I would suggest you leave the comment as it was written unless the author himself chooses to edit it.

He was not using profanity against a member.  He was advocating an act we may be horrified with the implications of - but he has every right to opine on it, and we retain every right to point out what kind of mindset that comes from.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2017, 03:40:04 pm »
What comically unfair standards are those? Better yet, what are yours? Just curious where you're coming from. The IFF isn't working.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:41:13 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2017, 03:43:19 pm »
@INVAR @Cripplecreek Not only not wasted, but what I have been predicting, too. Less like 1776, more like "the Terror". About all folks learn from history is that folks don't generally learn from history...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2017, 03:45:27 pm »
@INVAR @Cripplecreek Not only not wasted, but what I have been predicting, too. Less like 1776, more like "the Terror". About all folks learn from history is that folks don't generally learn from history...

Meanwhile, people who DO get History are doomed to be sucked down with the fools.  People really DO seem to think Robespierre is a good idea.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2017, 03:51:12 pm »
Meanwhile, people who DO get History are doomed to be sucked down with the fools.  People really DO seem to think Robespierre is a good idea.
Angry people do stupid things.
They were angry and looking for someone to blame.
They're still angry, and looking for someone (else) to blame.
It is what happens when people will not own, dissect, and learn from their own failures.

Robespierre may have even thought it was a good idea, until he was looking into the basket.
Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose...

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2017, 03:51:49 pm »
I agree with your stated position and I would suggest you leave the comment as it was written unless the author himself chooses to edit it.

He was not using profanity against a member.  He was advocating an act we may be horrified with the implications of - but he has every right to opine on it, and we retain every right to point out what kind of mindset that comes from.

Part of the problem is that it quickly becomes worse. When such comments began to be allowed at TOS it wasn't long before a comment that "Trump's wall needs to be long enough for his blindfolded enemies to stand with their backs to it"  went unchallenged and soon similar comments were being made with glee.

I remember a time when I got a time out from TOS for quoting the line from "Full metal jacket" about shooting women and children in a thread about video games and movies. It bothered me at first but I came to realize that it reflected poorly on the site and its other users so I didn't worry about it and took more care.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2017, 03:55:11 pm »
Part of the problem is that it quickly becomes worse. When such comments began to be allowed at TOS it wasn't long before a comment that "Trump's wall needs to be long enough for his blindfolded enemies to stand with their backs to it"  went unchallenged and soon similar comments were being made with glee.

I remember a time when I got a time out from TOS for quoting the line from "Full metal jacket" about shooting women and children in a thread about video games and movies. It bothered me at first but I came to realize that it reflected poorly on the site and its other users so I didn't worry about it and took more care.

This quote was about emulating jihadists though... that's crazy town IMO. Killing women, children, beheading, etc. etc.

I guess people are ok with that kind of talk at this site?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2017, 03:59:52 pm »
Good grief ... I was applauding Cankles not being president and our 2nd amendment being in tact.

For the record ... I in no way agree with violence nor any attack on any of our rights under the Constitution (I captured the whole quote ... and yes, that is my fault).  I do think falsely reporting 'news' especially against someone should be considered slander and they should be liable and held accountable.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:00:48 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2017, 04:02:25 pm »
Angry people do stupid things.
They were angry and looking for someone to blame.
They're still angry, and looking for someone (else) to blame.
It is what happens when people will not own, dissect, and learn from their own failures.

Robespierre may have even thought it was a good idea, until he was looking into the basket.
Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose...

He thought it was a GREAT idea until then.  I'm sure he was shocked when they came for him.  People like that are really hot on knocking off everybody else, in his case he thought wasting half the population of France was a necessary tactic.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LetsTalk

• Right Here. Right Now.
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2017, 04:03:02 pm »
What comically unfair standards are those? Better yet, what are yours? Just curious where you're coming from. The IFF isn't working.

Well, we could start by not intentionally interpreting everything he says in the most negative way possible to make him look as bad as possible.

For example, his comments on the Civil War were completely reasonable. He detailed the long lead-up to the war, including Andrew Jackson's role, and asked a profound philosophical question about why it was America had to resort to such a level of infighting.

How did the media and #NeverTrumps interpret this? As Donald Trump being ignorant on the subject. They took his question on why was there a Civil War, and framed it as Trump not knowing the root causes behind the war, rather than the rhetorical, philosophical question it clearly was.

The media has flipped the principle of charity on its head with Trump. A good start to being fair would be, you know, not doing that.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:03:54 pm by LetsTalk »
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly
to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

-Albert Einstein

• Technical
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2017, 04:04:14 pm »
He thought it was a GREAT idea until then.  I'm sure he was shocked when they came for him.  People like that are really hot on knocking off everybody else, in his case he thought wasting half the population of France was a necessary tactic.

To me Robespierre type stuff is the end-game for populism. Always has been, always will be. It's just the natural way it progresses.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »
To me Robespierre type stuff is the end-game for populism. Always has been, always will be. It's just the natural way it progresses.

That's why we must never forget the lessons that particular Frenchman taught us.  Going around calling for everybody's head always ends up with the caller losing his head.  Unfortunately, the killing doesn't end there, but goes on for a while after until somebody realizes it's a bad idea.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2017, 04:10:25 pm »

The night of the long knives was Hitler largely targeting his own. Its pretty standard for dictatorial people to target those who help them attain power because they recognize them as threats to holding power.

Castro rounded up, imprisoned and executed hundreds of "The Bearded ones" who helped him win his revolution. Its why Che Guevera fled from Cuba never to return and was eventually hunted down in South America.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2017, 04:10:28 pm »
That's why we must never forget the lessons that particular Frenchman taught us.  Going around calling for everybody's head always ends up with the caller losing his head.  Unfortunately, the killing doesn't end there, but goes on for a while after until somebody realizes it's a bad idea.

"The problem with revolutions is you eventually run out of other peoples heads." - H/T Maggie.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2017, 04:22:35 pm »
Looks to me like a call for horrible violence (beheadings, etc.). Your choice.  :shrug:

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

The keyboard warriors who call for violence---like this, and another post yesterday advocating punching journalists in the mouth---will never do anything but call for it. They'll hope someone else takes action so they can watch from their couches.

• Technical
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2017, 04:23:20 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

The keyboard warriors who call for violence---like this, and another post yesterday advocating punching journalists in the mouth---will never do anything but call for it. They'll hope someone else takes action so they can watch from their couches.

Yep. It's nothing but cowardice, frankly.

Silver Pines

« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2017, 04:26:00 pm »
Well, we could start by not intentionally interpreting everything he says in the most negative way possible to make him look as bad as possible.

For example, his comments on the Civil War were completely reasonable. He detailed the long lead-up to the war, including Andrew Jackson's role, and asked a profound philosophical question about why it was America had to resort to such a level of infighting.

How did the media and #NeverTrumps interpret this? As Donald Trump being ignorant on the subject. They took his question on why was there a Civil War, and framed it as Trump not knowing the root causes behind the war, rather than the rhetorical, philosophical question it clearly was.

The media has flipped the principle of charity on its head with Trump. A good start to being fair would be, you know, not doing that.

@LetsTalk

If we have a president who puts his foot in his mouth so often that everything he says has to be "interpreted", we're in trouble. 

If your plan is constant excusing and justification, have fun with it.