Author Topic: MEDICI: Masters of Florence - Netflix [8 episodes]  (Read 5584 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: MEDICI: Masters of Florence
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 01:40:35 am »
I've seen the Crown on Netflix.

I love Netflix.

Btw, Victoria on PBS was excellent too imho.

Check out The Last Kingdom.  Excellent.  2 seasons. 

My lady friends all remark that "he's easy on the eyes".  LOL.  But the story and plot are very good.

I've been told it's like Game of Thrones, but without the dragons and magic.    ^-^

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 01:45:32 am »
Check out The Last Kingdom.  Excellent.  2 seasons. 

My lady friends all remark that "he's easy on the eyes".  LOL.  But the story and plot are very good.

I've been told it's like Game of Thrones, but without the dragons and magic.    ^-^

I saw one episode of Game of Thrones. Way too violent. I don't like that. Then my sister told me about the "Red WEdding" episode. Ugh, that sounded really violent.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DCPatriot

Re: MEDICI: Masters of Florence - Netflix [8 episodes]
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 01:46:44 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X3gKe2qx5Q

The music score grabs you right by the throat.

There will be sleepless nights once you start........buy some popcorn.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:51:19 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 01:58:41 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWuEGzFOuKs

opening music reminds me of OBLIVION

Offline anubias

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 01:59:24 am »
My intent here for the thread was to not only alert those that may be interested, but that I'm so intrigued by that the history thus far.

I recall watching an episode of Ancient Aliens, that said that the Black Death was brought by visitors from the sky in Medici, which was a very prosperous city.

I took liberty and I yield to you and would hope you would give us/me a lesson on what "..license was taken".

I watched a version of the OK Corral on the Western Channel the other day, starring Henry Fonda as Wyatt..Victor Mature as Doc Holliday...where Holliday 'dies' in the gunfight there.

Which isn't true.

So if you'd like, I'm all ears.    ^-^

Just look at the women, especially Cosimo's wife, Contessina.  Instead of a 15th century woman, she's practically a feminist.  She certainly didn't ride her horse into that building and give the menfolk fits or at least I have never read that she did.  And Cosimo the aspiring artist?  Have you ever read in the History books that he wanted to be an artist or that he loved another woman?  He very well may have and probably several, but much of the story line was made up to make it interesting which it was indeed.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 02:03:51 am »
Just look at the women, especially Cosimo's wife, Contessina.  Instead of a 15th century woman, she's practically a feminist.  She certainly didn't ride her horse into that building and give the menfolk fits or at least I have never read that she did.  And Cosimo the aspiring artist?  Have you ever read in the History books that he wanted to be an artist or that he loved another woman?  He very well may have and probably several, but much of the story line was made up to make it interesting which it was indeed.

Okay...now I 'see' what you mean.   

I'm on on #4 right now...so the wife hasn't ridden the horse into the chamber yet.  But, I can tell already, she's not somebody to mess with.  LOL

Offline anubias

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2017, 02:13:49 am »
It's a pet peeve of mine.  Nearly every movie or series you see these days, the woman is a fount of strength, the man a woosie, or if he is strong it was due to some woosified reason.  It just annoys me.  Sorry, DC.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2017, 03:39:46 am »
It's a pet peeve of mine.  Nearly every movie or series you see these days, the woman is a fount of strength, the man a woosie, or if he is strong it was due to some woosified reason.  It just annoys me.  Sorry, DC.

I hear you, @anubias

That, and homosexual love-making.   Can't get away from it.   IN YOUR FACE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2017, 03:47:16 am »
I've seen the Crown on Netflix.

I love Netflix.

Btw, Victoria on PBS was excellent too imho.

If you liked the Crown then you should check out The Trailer Park Boys. The two programs are like bookends.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2017, 04:11:20 am »
If you liked the Crown then you should check out The Trailer Park Boys. The two programs are like bookends.

@Frank Cannon  TPB is a guilty pleasure. I love Bubbles ❤️

Miss the dang goat. There are a few of us here who are big fans of the show. I'll ping em if you want me to out them.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:13:55 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DCPatriot

Re: MEDICI: Masters of Florence - Netflix [8 episodes]Revised...season 3
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2020, 12:19:32 am »
Season 3 of MEDICI is terrific, so far.

Netflix rocks!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2020, 12:42:24 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Gut wrenching music to the ears if you've watched any seasons.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2020, 12:44:31 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Official Soundtrack....  WOW!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2020, 01:37:33 pm »
Looking for a good period piece to watch with Mrs. Lando and stumbled on this thread.  Does this remain on the "recommended" list?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck