Author Topic: Comey’s firing is a gift to the FBI  (Read 1056 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Comey’s firing is a gift to the FBI
« on: May 13, 2017, 11:36:35 pm »
Comey’s firing is a gift to the FBI

By Michael Walsh  May 13, 2017

Let’s cut right to the chase: James Comey should have been fired immediately following his disastrous press briefing last July, in which he candidly laid out the case against Hillary Clinton over her mishandling of classified information and then refused to recommend charges. Overstepping his authority while radiating sanctimony, arrogating power while clumsily intervening in the election, Comey deserved to be sacked on the spot.

Everything since has been one long slow twist in the wind for Comey, a former US attorney in Manhattan, where his most notable accomplishment was sending Martha Stewart to jail.

Ignore for the moment Comey’s series of missteps resulting from the Clinton investigation and his increasingly erratic and unconvincing public fan dance as he sent the nation into electoral paroxysms over the past 10 months.

On his watch, the FBI continued its politically correct, see-no-evil attitude toward radical Islam and thus failed to prevent the atrocity in San Bernardino; it also investigated the Orlando nightclub shooter for 10 months before closing its case, allowing him to kill or wound 102 people. Meanwhile, the federal office of personnel management was hacked by the Chinese, resulting in a serious data breach. That’s failure on an unacceptable level.

Now the bureau’s tied up and bogged down in the almost certainly chimerical “Russian hacking” fantasy, which bubbled up out of the leftist fever swamp in the wake of Clinton’s loss in November, and for which there is exactly zero evidence.

So when President Trump finally put Comey out of his — and our — misery last week, it was the best merited cashiering since Truman fired a showboating MacArthur.

snip

http://nypost.com/2017/05/13/comeys-firing-is-a-gift-to-the-fbi/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Comey’s firing is a gift to the FBI
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 12:06:52 am »
I don't want a career politician to replace him, nor an insider who's possibly dirty as Comey.  I want somebody with a history of law enforcement in tough places?  How about Sheriff Joe?  He's available, and he was the DEA man in Mexico City for a few years.

I kicked him in the shins once, if that helps.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 12:37:27 am »
I don't want a career politician to replace him, nor an insider who's possibly dirty as Comey.  I want somebody with a history of law enforcement in tough places?  How about Sheriff Joe?  He's available, and he was the DEA man in Mexico City for a few years.

I kicked him in the shins once, if that helps.

I like the Sheriff Joe idea.   I can imagine the leftist heads exploding!

You kicked who in the shins when?  And, why?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 03:10:50 am »
I like the Sheriff Joe idea.   I can imagine the leftist heads exploding!

You kicked who in the shins when?  And, why?

It was at a State Party Convention.  We laughed about it and he apologized for being in my way (I was a Delegate walking quickly to catch a vote).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 03:14:07 am »
It was at a State Party Convention.  We laughed about it and he apologized for being in my way (I was a Delegate walking quickly to catch a vote).

Oh, OK.  You're not the deliberately kick someone in the shins kind of guy then.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 03:23:09 am »
Oh, OK.  You're not the deliberately kick someone in the shins kind of guy then.

No, and Joe Arpaio wasn't the stand and take it kind, either.  But it makes for a good, funny and true story, kicking the country's Toughest Sheriff.  He lost reelection last year, after about 20 years in the job.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 03:27:38 am »
No, and Joe Arpaio wasn't the stand and take it kind, either.  But it makes for a good, funny and true story, kicking the country's Toughest Sheriff.  He lost reelection last year, after about 20 years in the job.

Yeah, I know, and I think that's unfortunate.  But, he's 84 years old, isn't he?  Pretty amazing guy.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 03:52:38 am »
Yeah, I know, and I think that's unfortunate.  But, he's 84 years old, isn't he?  Pretty amazing guy.

Yeah.  Young for his age, really.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 12:29:57 pm »
I don't want a career politician to replace him, nor an insider who's possibly dirty as Comey.  I want somebody with a history of law enforcement in tough places
Agreed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org