Author Topic: Jeff Sessions' Explanation for Re-instituting the Discriminatory War on Drugs Is Flagrant BS (title edited)  (Read 8061 times)

Wingnut

Mamma always said..... if you sucked on my tiitties  you better buy me a mother's day dinner.

I wish you were here so I could buy you dinner.

Offline anubias

LOL I never went through your thread history. You have posted you and your hubbies professions so many times how could we not forget.

BTW @Wingnut  also has nipple slip but no one says a word because he is one of you. But you don't like my stance on a few issues and you attack, attack, attack.

@goodwithagun

You've got some great boobs there @mirraflake , but I like my guns better.  :P

I never noticed @Wingnut 's "nipple slip", but since you mentioned it, I enlarged his avatar so that my old eyes could see.  By golly, he does!  Her shirt looks like it's wet to boot.  All this time I thought he chose her for her hips and thighs.  LOL  That wing nut is a sneaky devil.  ;)  Nice boobs too.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:11:53 am by anubias »

Offline goodwithagun

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline libertybele

The war on drugs has been going on for quite some time and obviously it isn't working we have hit an epidemic in many cities.  Over 50,000 people died last year from drug overdose (legal and prescription).  Heroin deaths rose 23 percent in one year, to 12,989. Deaths from synthetic opioids, including illicit fentanyl, rose 73 percent to 9,580. And prescription painkillers took the highest toll, but posted the smallest increase. Abuse of drugs like Oxycontin and Vicodin killed 17,536, an increase of 4 percent.

I have brought thus up before, but I really think we need to take a look at Portugal; they have decriminalized ALL drugs.  Those that are caught have two choices; get the treatment and counseling offered or go to jail.  Overdoses have dropped dramatically. People are getting the help they need.  Addiction is an illness.  Too often facilities that are successful in treating addicts are not affordable to the average person.  The person with an addiction is affording their addiction and don't have the money to get help and many don't have health insurance. So in essence ... these people who could get back to being productive citizens never get the help that they need. I see it as a real tragedy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goodwithagun

@Wingnut 's is much more subtle @mirraflake . You don't need to throw those at every Tom, Dick, and Harry that comes along.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Wingnut

Hey @Wingnut , apparently you are "one of" me? I'm not sure what the op means, but he/she needs to learn to take a complement  :silly: It's like a Sinfeld episode  :silly: Mulva?

Normally I would have  spiffy replay.  Gulp replay.... But me and Frank are half into a bottle...   wtf...

Offline goodwithagun

Normally I would have  spiffy replay.  Gulp replay.... But me and Frank are half into a bottle...   wtf...

Cheers! I'm a glass into a bottle of Kim Crawford!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Wingnut

This thread has me confused?

Offline goodwithagun

I commented on @mirraflake 's nipples. He commented on yours. Craziness ensued.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Wingnut

I commented on @mirraflake 's nipples. He commented on yours. Craziness ensued.

Okay then   :nometalk:

Offline goodwithagun

Okay then   :nometalk:

Long story short, his avatar is jealous of your avatar.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline anubias

Long story short, his avatar is jealous of your avatar.

That summed it up nicely. 

Offline anubias

:threadjack: :threadjack: :taz: :threadjack: :odrama:

But jacking is so much fun!

OK.  I'll refrain.   :whistle:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
There are many issues that I have with what is being done now.

Asserting that there is a "War" on while some jurisdictions undermine the effort by legalizing drugs or refusing to prosecute.

I'm damned unhappy with the way the Bill of Rights gets trashed, but the war on drugs isn't the only excuse waved to do that.

If we are going to fight it, and we should fight it IMHO, let's make sure the Constitution and Bill of Rights are abided by, that convictions are achieved within the Rule of Law, and then that the punishments for breaking the law are harsh enough that they will be a real and serious deterrent.

The problem with the 'war' is that under Obama the 'generals' have been slacking and telling their people to not bother. What have we gained during the Obama Administration? The enrichment of violent Mexican and Central American drug cartels who have been aided and abetted by immigration enforcement policy, BATFE and DOJ assisted gun running, and lax drug enforcement policy. There's a war all right, and the Obama Administration has been waging it--on America. Paybacks! Get those cracker kids hooked.

We can win if we fight it. It's past time to point the 'troops' in the right direction and fight for a change.

Okay, I am so through with this fight.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline anubias

Okay, I am so through with this fight.

I don't have a dog in this fight.  But...

There's always a but...

I am perfectly happy for them to legalize everything and let God sort it out as long as we don't have to pay for rehabilitation programs.

On the other hand, I am perfectly happy that Sessions used the reversal to arrest a bunch of gang-bangers and illegals.  Removing such types from the streets is a good thing.  I'd prefer they make it all legal, but still be able to use it to get rid of these nasty people because I think once drugs are legalized, they'll all move on to trafficking in children or something equally horrible.  They have to traffic in something to keep the dough rolling in and they will find it.  But that's just my take on it which is pretty much worthless as I admittedly do not know much about it.

I guess I'm just perfectly happy one way or the other.   :shrug:

Offline Victoria33

Abuse of drugs like Oxycontin and Vicodin killed 17,536, an increase of 4 percent.
@libertybele

There it is, I take Vicodin (hydrocodone) for fibromyalgia.  Earlier in this thread, I wrote about how much time and paper work the doc and I have to go through to get one month of Vicodin pills for me and do it all over again the next month because you can only get one month at a time.  One month for me is 60 pills.  I could take as many of those 60 as I wanted, at one time, so making it difficult to get them isn't going to stop a person taking too many at one time.  My doc knows I need them and he also knows I'm not going to kill myself.

There are ways to stop giving people pain pills just because they want to get high or they want to fuzz out as Vicoden would do.  Part of my EMT training was in an hospital emergency room.  A woman came to the emergency room saying she needed pain pills because she had a migraine headache.  I was helping the doc at that time.  The doc told her there was something better than pain pills and he would give her this shot that would make the headache go away.  She said she didn't want a shot and she left the emergency room.  The doc told me that was how they distinguished between someone just wanting pills and those that really had that type headache.  If someone really has a migraine, he/she wants that terrible headache to stop and would hold their arm out to get that shot.  Even people with a fear or needles would still get that shot to stop that terrible pain.

I have had one migraine in my life and the pain was so bad, I literally could not see straight.  I had to have a friend drive me to my doctor.  I would have accepted someone with a sledge hammer hitting me in the head to stop that pain.  A needle was nothing like that pain - if he had put ten needles in me, I didn't care, just stop the pain.  Later, when my bank statement came, the check I wrote was in there and I don't know how the bank cashed the check because my writing was all over the check - I couldn't see well enough to write a decent check.  I feel sorry for anyone who has migraines.

Offline DiogenesLamp

You drug that China/opium thing out the last time this was discussed. 

The truth doesn't go away just because you don't like it. 

It is totally not applicable to anything today in this country.

Because obviously Chinese people are physiologically different from people in the United States.  Chemical addictions can't happen to us because our bodies use completely different chemical reactions than do Chinese Humans. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

That is right.

People can call me an ass and a moron too. But end the war on drugs. Legalize most of it. Hand out clean free heroin and let people have at it. I really don't care if they can't control themselves.

Ramp it up.  Turn it into a real war on drugs.  Start killing drug dealers and drug distributors.   

Make it have a body count so the other side will stop selling poison to innocent people. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Yep. Education costs would plummet.

So would the nation.  We've seen this picture before.    Here in fact. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Thanks for those two links, to studies. But neither answers my question about How Much?

How Much Marijuana, How Often, for How Long. And How Much Damage?

Apply the same question to radiation poisoning.    Apply it to how much sewage water can be added to a punch bowl.    Isn't the answer "Any amount of marijuana,  any length of time,  and any amount of damage? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

All the potheads I have known, and I have known many, are the laziest pieces of shit I ever met.

Me too,  but I am assured by the various libertarians with whom I occasionally discuss this issues that there are lots of high intensity productive pot users. 

I just don't happen to know any such people that fit that description. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It seems like if a thread lasts more than 3 days, it turns into internecine warfare.

Mystery?  Mystery?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Okay, I've researched the China thing some people keep bringing up.  It was a totally different time and a totally different kind of society.

Time periods and "societies"  are irrelevant to a CHEMICAL BASED ADDICTION.   Humans are susceptible to chemical based addictions,  and they have been susceptible for millions of years.   

I cannot fathom the thinking of people who believe that customs and lifestyles of different cultures has any bearing at all on chemicals tampering with people's endocrine systems.    Chemical narcotics will have an affect on any human,  and the language they speak has no bearing on it whatsoever.   The god or gods they worship will not change this.   The sort of food they eat will have no effect.   

The kinds of shoes they wear won't alter addiction.   Their clothing isn't going to stop it.   How they wear their hair won't affect it.   

Just stop  already with the incredibly stupid claim that culture/time period   will interfere with addiction.   If you are human,  you can get addicted to drugs. 

Not applicable to the here and now in the U.S.

Yes it is.   Chinese humans are exactly like American humans.    We have exactly the same physiology.   Culture is completely irrelevant to chemical addiction. 

Mostly useful as another tool to scare fear mongers who refuse to take a look at the pros and cons of legalization.

Or point out to people just how brainlessly and ignorant stupid is this idea.   You would unleash a wildfire of disaster on us all,  just because you don't want to learn the lesson that History has already taught humanity. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline anubias

Ramp it up.  Turn it into a real war on drugs.  Start killing drug dealers and drug distributors.   

Make it have a body count so the other side will stop selling poison to innocent people.

Like I said, I am not an expert on this subject; so take what I'm going to say with a grain of salt...

But it seems to me a body count doesn't seem to make much of a difference.  There is already a body count from people dying due to taking drugs.  It doesn't seem to deter them any.  People will do what they want to do as they tend to believe it won't happen to them, get caught, etc. 

Capital punishment doesn't appear to be deterring people from killing cops.  We'd have to institute real fear in these people Saddam Hussein style and that will never happen as it would be "cruel and unusual."  Easier to let "Survival of the Fittest" to take its natural course in society.  We allow people to drink themselves to death.  Why not allow those that wish to drug themselves to death the same freedom?  They're going to do it anyway; so why keep the dealers flush with cash by keeping it illegal?  Just my rather naive approach to it.   :shrug: