Author Topic: Ted Cruz working with Thirteen member group of GOP senators on an Obamacare repeal and replacement plan  (Read 4242 times)

Offline libertybele

Haley Byrd‏Verified account @byrdinator  6h6 hours ago

Sen. Steve Daines asks Sen. Ted Cruz how he's doing this morning. Cruz takes a sip of coffee and answers, "Just... living in the circus."

Gotta love Ted.  God Bless Him!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

Gotta love Ted.  God Bless Him!

@libertybele

I'll amen that.  He's a good guy.

Offline bilo

This is a common-sense solution, but it's that very thing which makes me pessimistic about it going anywhere.  Good luck to Cruz, though, and to Mike Lee...two men who almost always are on the right side of the issue.

As always Sen Cruz is focused on how to fix a problem without reducing our individual liberty. It's one more example of why I contribute to his campaigns.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Other than Lee and Cruz they're nothing but a bunch of RINO's and pretty much worthless.  Interesting that they included Cruz and Lee and left Paul out.

I'm tired of your griping,  LB.   Answer me this -  how should the care of the sickest among us be financed?     Unless you adopt the position that the sickest may rely solely on alms,   it's a complex question that necessarily impacts other aspects of the delivery of health care.   

Who do you think should be subsidizing care for the sick who cannot pay their bills from their own pocket?    What is morally and ethically fair?     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

I'm tired of your griping,  LB.   Answer me this -  how should the care of the sickest among us be financed?     Unless you adopt the position that the sickest may rely solely on alms,   it's a complex question that necessarily impacts other aspects of the delivery of health care.   

Who do you think should be subsidizing care for the sick who cannot pay their bills from their own pocket?    What is morally and ethically fair?     

How about we finance them the way we were doing it before the ACA mess was shoved down our throats, raising our premiums and driving doctors and insurers out off the business?

Unless you can provide evidence that the 'sickest among us' were dying on the streets back then, in which case I'll be more than happy to support the ACA from this point on.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 12:58:11 am by skeeter »

Offline rodamala

What is morally and ethically fair, is that the sickest and the poorest die first.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
How about we finance them the way we were doing it before the ACA mess was shoved down our throats, raising our premiums and driving doctors and insurers out off the business?

Unless you can provide evidence that the 'sickest among us' were dying on the streets back then, in which case I'll be more than happy to support the ACA from this point on.

You're avoiding the question, skeeter.   Why was the status quo ante ethical or fair?   Do you recognize the consequences of hospitals being saddled with billions in uncompensated care?    You recognize who those hospitals pass those costs on to, don't you?   

And besides,  you can't get to the status quo ante without addressing the millions who have benefitted from the ACA.    The ACA's a disaster,  but pining for a solution that would be suicidal politically is just you in your pajamas with a lava lamp lacking the perspective of reality.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What is morally and ethically fair, is that the sickest and the poorest die first.

And no one should care to do anything about it?   
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:07:30 am by Jazzhead »

Online corbe

there's at lot to be said for your style of brevity @rodamala :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rodamala

Those that "care" are free to get a job, excercise, and eat right.

Offline rodamala

there's at lot to be said for your style of brevity @rodamala :beer:

If anyone has any doubts, the best model for any system already exists.  Call it natural order, call it G-d's will, call it intelligent design... whatever.  It works, and has worked for millions of years.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

You care - you do something about it. Sitting on yer arse saying "someone should do something" doesn't count. Don't go trying to hive your morals and ethics off on me, when you are the first to protest loudly if someone does that to you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

Jazz, you may be tired of my griping, but your question has absolutely nothing to do with my comment on the worthless RINO's in the Senate and in addition, I believe you already asked me these questions and I answered.  I haven't changed my viewpoint.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

You're avoiding the question, skeeter.   Why was the status quo ante ethical or fair?   Do you recognize the consequences of hospitals being saddled with billions in uncompensated care?    You recognize who those hospitals pass those costs on to, don't you?   

And besides,  you can't get to the status quo ante without addressing the millions who have benefitted from the ACA.    The ACA's a disaster,  but pining for a solution that would be suicidal politically is just you in your pajamas with a lava lamp lacking the perspective of reality.

Jazz, seriously? You talk about hospitals and I'll throw in doctors as well, going without being compensated, but without addressing the economic impact that non-citizens or better yet, illegal immigrants have on our healthcare system; trying to address the dilemma of lowering the costs and premiums of the ACA is actually absolutely futile.  It's simple mathematics; you cannot take more out of the system than is going into the system and expect to lower costs or expect for the 'system' to remain viable.  Easy example; if you have 100 people paying $10.00 into the system ... and you have 120 people taking $10 out of the system, it isn't going to be long before the system is broke.  There are more people taking from the ACA then those putting into the ACA; and that is why premiums continued to rise and that is why it FAILED!!

I would love to see the stats of the (as you stated); "millions who have benefited" from the ACA.  Were these existing insured or newly insured?  The ACA  is falling apart at the seams, insurance companies continue to pull out, people have lost their jobs, their doctors and many have lost coverage.  So, I'm definitely not buying into "millions benefited"; that's a crock.  If I take what yous said at face value, that millions benefited, I would simply ask you they benefited at who's expense? IF the ACA was all that, it wouldn't be falling apart, nor would Congress now be in the position of having to repeal and replace.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If anyone has any doubts, the best model for any system already exists.  Call it natural order, call it G-d's will, call it intelligent design... whatever.  It works, and has worked for millions of years.
Call it survival of the fittest. The stronger will live longer, reproduce more.  The species will survive, even prosper.

"Propping up" the less fortunate, effectively subsidizing them, insures a decline in the overall fitness of the society.

The strong are Free to help the weak. But the strong should not be compelled by a government to subsidize the weak.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:33:21 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

Foremost, everything from bandaids on up should be 100% tax free, and 100% deductible.

Tax credits to families supporting members with terminal or long term health care and support needs. - If my uncle can give me money and get under the bubble on a tax bracket, that should be encouraged if I am medically challenged.

Encourage churches to get back into the medical field... Much much better to be run by an organization which has a primary penchant for charity.

Loosen regulations to allow nurses and midwives to practice medicine - Develop an expansion of medical practitioners that don]t cost so much, delivering easily 80% of healthcare needs just as efficiently and capably as a doctor... providing small clinics and even house calls at remarkably cheaper rates.

Loosen regulations on equipment - the very same pliers I use cost 10 times as much if sold as a medical device.

Those, just off the top of my head.

Offline rodamala

...the very same pliers I use cost 10 times as much if sold as a medical device.

The same pliers cost 20x more when someone else besides the patient is paying for their use.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You care - you do something about it. Sitting on yer arse saying "someone should do something" doesn't count. Don't go trying to hive your morals and ethics off on me, when you are the first to protest loudly if someone does that to you.

This thread truly illustrates the problem that people who are trying to FIX healthcare face.  Too many people with zero understanding of government and economics want the government to:  A: get off our backs, and B: take care of everyone's health care.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The 13 Senators in the GOP working group:

Alexander
Lee
Cotton
Gardner
Portman
Cruz
Toomey
Enzi
Hatch
McConnell
Cornyn
Thune
Barrasso

Not good that Cornyn is there but no Susan Collins is a PLUS.

Yes it is terrible that the number 2 guy in the Senate is working with the Republicans.  Worse still is the Senate Majority Leader is also listed.

Even worse is they knew 6 years ago this day had to come and they don't already have a framework of a plan, or an innovative bauble to distract the voter.  They are going to figure it out in reconciliation...just like Obamacare.  but this is fine.

That is when I thank sweet baby Jesus, that we have a man of strength, vision, and political savy in the White House.

A man who knows how to get things done.  #MAGA

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This thread truly illustrates the problem that people who are trying to FIX healthcare face.  Too many people with zero understanding of government and economics want the government to:  A: get off our backs, and B: take care of everyone's health care.

Great observation:
a) get off our backs
b) solve problems
c) balance the budget
d) cut my taxes
e) deport or lockup bad people
f) keep America safe
g) slash government spending
h) open more prisons
i) apply my religion to the nation

Just kidding. I sure hope Sen. Cruz can do it. Just the health care thing, I mean.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GrouchoTex

Haley Byrd‏Verified account @byrdinator  6h6 hours ago

Sen. Steve Daines asks Sen. Ted Cruz how he's doing this morning. Cruz takes a sip of coffee and answers, "Just... living in the circus."

I read that last night. I cracked up.