Author Topic: NEISD: Lee H.S. student attempted suicide during school day as other teens watched  (Read 969 times)

geronl

Letters to parents of Lee High School students were sent home Wednesday after a 15-year-old attempted suicide during the school day, surrounded by other teens, officials say.

The incident happened around 1:30 p.m., Northeast Independent School District spokeswoman Aubrey Chancellor said. The teen survived.

In a now-deleted Facebook video of the attempt, the teen could be seen pacing on the roof of a one-story building as faculty attempted to disperse a crowd of students watching.

He climbed onto an electrical generator and then got onto an awning, which was about 8 feet tall," Chancellor said. "That is where he jumped."

The teen did not not lose consciousness and was transported by EMS to a local hospital, a letter issued by Principal Nicole Franco said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/NEISD-Lee-H-S-student-attempted-suicide-during-11124958.php

I know someone who goes to this school. The student was attempting to climb to a higher part of the school when he fell. Some of the other students were egging on his suicide.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Kids can be vicious. Lord of the Flies comes to mind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis