Author Topic: How Every Member Voted on the House Health Care Bill-Freedom Caucus 34-1 In favor  (Read 913 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How Every Member Voted on the House Health Care Bill

Additional title: The HFC voted 34-1 in favor; they were last week's heroes

The House narrowly passed a health care bill on Thursday that would repeal and replace major parts of the Affordable Care Act. Every Democrat voted no, joining 20 Republicans. Read our story, see which Republicans flipped or sign up for our Morning Briefing newsletter.The House narrowly passed a health care bill on Thursday that would repeal and replace major parts of the Affordable Care Act. Every Democrat voted no, joining 20 Republicans. Read our story, see which Republicans flipped or sign up for our Morning Briefing newsletter.

snip

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/04/us/politics/house-vote-republican-health-care-bill.html?_r=0
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Additional title: The HFC voted 34-1 in favor; they were last week's heroes

Thanks for this @truth_seeker ... I've been looking for the HFC vote.  Good to see such solid support.

Offline truth_seeker

Thanks for this @truth_seeker ... I've been looking for the HFC vote.  Good to see such solid support.
Yeah, plus add remarks by Sen. Ted Cruz, R-TX about passing the measure in the US Senate, and you realize that this is perhaps an alternative universe.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah, plus add remarks by Sen. Ted Cruz, R-TX about passing the measure in the US Senate, and you realize that this is perhaps an alternative universe.

@truth_seeker, do you have a link for Cruz's comments?  That Hill article didn't quote him.

Offline truth_seeker

@truth_seeker, do you have a link for Cruz's comments?  That Hill article didn't quote him.
As requested:

Cruz: 'Catastrophic' if Senate fails to pass ObamaCare repeal

By Max Greenwood  - 05/06/17 12:50 PM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) acknowledged on Saturday that Senate Republicans face an uphill battle to pass an ObamaCare repeal bill, warning that a failure to do so would be "catastrophic."

"For seven years the Republicans have been promising, 'If only you elect us, we’ll repeal ObamaCare,' " Cruz told conservative radio host Larry Kudlow.

"I think the consequences of failure would be catastrophic. But it’s going to take senators across the Republican conference being willing to sit down in good faith."

The GOP's narrow majority in the Senate, Cruz said, would make coming to an agreement on healthcare reform a "difficult task." He noted that a slew of obstacles ranging from the ideological to the geographical could pose challenges.

snip

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/332217-cruz-senate-failure-to-pass-healthcare-bill-could-be-catastrophic

https://player.fm/series/the-larry-kudlow-show/kudlow-5-6-17-sen-ted-cruz-senate-outlook-for-healthcare-tax-reform-what-should-be-done-what-will-be-done-can-he-support

Listen to Cruz in his own words ... not passing healthcare reform would be catastrophic  (Note:  the jobs aspect of this change was addressed in depth the President's weekly address posted on this forum)

And, as I said on another thread,  Cruz talked about eliminating the mandates and taxes in Obamacare, bringing back competition across state lines, tort reform and increasing control at the State level.

But flat out, total repeal is simply no longer a viable option.   With "repeal and replace", the "replace" (or as Cruz called it in the interview:  "reform")  is the focus.

@Sanguine  [ @truth_seeker  ] 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 08:56:25 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
As requested:

Cruz: 'Catastrophic' if Senate fails to pass ObamaCare repeal

By Max Greenwood  - 05/06/17 12:50 PM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) acknowledged on Saturday that Senate Republicans face an uphill battle to pass an ObamaCare repeal bill, warning that a failure to do so would be "catastrophic."

"For seven years the Republicans have been promising, 'If only you elect us, we’ll repeal ObamaCare,' " Cruz told conservative radio host Larry Kudlow.

"I think the consequences of failure would be catastrophic. But it’s going to take senators across the Republican conference being willing to sit down in good faith."

The GOP's narrow majority in the Senate, Cruz said, would make coming to an agreement on healthcare reform a "difficult task." He noted that a slew of obstacles ranging from the ideological to the geographical could pose challenges.

snip

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/332217-cruz-senate-failure-to-pass-healthcare-bill-could-be-catastrophic

Thanks, that's what I thought.  A few words quoted, but we don't know what he said or what it was in response to.

Thanks, that's what I thought.  A few words quoted, but we don't know what he said or what it was in response to.

Again, @Sanguine ... here is the link to the interview the quotes were taken from.   *****rollingeyes*****

https://player.fm/series/the-larry-kudlow-show/kudlow-5-6-17-sen-ted-cruz-senate-outlook-for-healthcare-tax-reform-what-should-be-done-what-will-be-done-can-he-support

Listen to Cruz in his own words ... not passing healthcare reform would be catastrophic  (Note:  the jobs aspect of this change was addressed in depth the President's weekly address posted on this forum)

And, as I said on another thread,  Cruz talked about eliminating the mandates and taxes in Obamacare, bringing back competition across state lines, tort reform and increasing control at the State level.

But flat out, total repeal is simply no longer a viable option.   With "repeal and replace", the "replace" (or as Cruz called it in the interview:  "reform")  is the focus.

Offline truth_seeker

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@Sanguine  [ @truth_seeker  ]

Sorry, RIV, don't have 2 hours to see if you are correct or not.   *****rollingeyes*****

Thanks, @truth_seeker, I'll listen as soon as I can.