Author Topic: List of Obamacare Taxes Repealed  (Read 860 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
List of Obamacare Taxes Repealed
« on: May 05, 2017, 12:31:50 am »
List of Obamacare Taxes Repealed

Posted by John Kartch on Thursday, May 4th, 2017, 6:11 PM PERMALINK 

The American Health Care Act (HR 1628) passed by the House today reduces taxes on the American people by over $1 trillion. The bill abolishes the following taxes imposed by Obama and the Democrat party in 2010 as part of Obamacare:

-Abolishes the Obamacare Individual Mandate Tax which hits 8 million Americans each year.

-Abolishes the Obamacare Employer Mandate Tax. Together with repeal of the Individual Mandate Tax repeal this is a $270 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s Medicine Cabinet Tax which hits 20 million Americans with Health Savings Accounts and 30 million Americans with Flexible Spending Accounts. This is a $6 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s Flexible Spending Account tax on 30 million Americans. This is a $20 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s Chronic Care Tax on 10 million Americans with high out of pocket medical expenses. This is a $126 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s HSA withdrawal tax. This is a $100 million tax cut.

-Abolishes Obamacare’s 10% excise tax on small businesses with indoor tanning services. This is a $600 million tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare health insurance tax. This is a $145 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare 3.8% surtax on investment income. This is a $172 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare medical device tax. This is a $20 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare tax on prescription medicine. This is a $28 billion tax cut.

-Abolishes the Obamacare tax on retiree prescription drug coverage. This is a $2 billion tax cut.

As a presidential candidate in 2008, Barack Obama had promised repeatedly that he would not raise any tax on any American earning less than $250,000 per year. He broke the promise when he signed Obamacare. With the passage of the House GOP bill, tens of millions of middle income Americans will get tax relief from Obamacare's long list of tax hikes.

snip

http://www.atr.org/list-obamacare-taxes-repealed
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mesaclone

Re: List of Obamacare Taxes Repealed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 12:49:19 am »
Great stuff!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

geronl

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 12:52:05 am »
did they also abolish the costs and subsidies?

how does it pay for the new high-risk entitlement pool? is it all new debt?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 01:11:59 am »
Terrific information @truth_seeker ---bumping to the top so others can read this!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 03:09:03 am »
how does it pay for the new high-risk entitlement pool? is it all new debt?
How do you expect those with high expenses to pay?

Answer me honestly.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 03:34:34 am »
   @geronl I believe that's what the extra $34B was added to the already $150B to cover was high risk/pre existing just dump/keep everyone on Medicaid/medicare but give the States a bigger say in the allocation and parameters.  It's all good, we can just keep printing money.

Another thing I haven't been able to find out anything about is the so called Cadillac Tax, it's suppose to kick in next year, surely Trumpka has something to say about that and Trump did get a lot of Union Vote.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 03:41:35 am »
-Abolishes Obamacare’s 10% excise tax on small businesses with indoor tanning services. This is a $600 million tax cut.

I always thought this was a petty and vindictive tax from a bunch of Leftist filth who were jealous of people who look good. Looking at the small amount of tax this brings in in comparison to the tens and hundreds of billions the other stuff does, my question is answered.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:42:46 am by Frank Cannon »

geronl

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 04:26:40 am »
   @geronl I believe that's what the extra $34B was added to the already $150B to cover was high risk/pre existing just dump/keep everyone on Medicaid/medicare but give the States a bigger say in the allocation and parameters.  It's all good, we can just keep printing money.

Another thing I haven't been able to find out anything about is the so called Cadillac Tax, it's suppose to kick in next year, surely Trumpka has something to say about that and Trump did get a lot of Union Vote.

Where does the extra $190 billion come from?