Author Topic: Biden keeps 2020 options open  (Read 1495 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden keeps 2020 options open
« on: April 30, 2017, 01:16:36 pm »
 Biden keeps 2020 options open

The former vice president and his staff have been planning a strategic timeline in the event he decides to run.

By Edward-Isaac Dovere

04/30/17 07:04 AM EDT

Joe Biden has been saying yes to nearly all the political invitations coming his way, with new ones arriving almost daily. Privately, the former vice president and his staff have started talking about how to begin planning a strategy with a roughly 18-month timeline so that if he decides on another presidential run, he’ll be best positioned to get it off the ground.

Biden will be 77 by the time of the next Iowa caucuses, but Biden 2020 just might happen.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/30/joe-biden-2020-veep-237790
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Biden keeps 2020 options open
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 02:51:16 pm »
The reality is this.. Had Biden or someone else ran besides Hillary, Trump would have lost..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 03:32:44 pm »
If he wants to get rid of Trump, he should run for the GOP nomination.  He'll be old enough by then.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 03:34:39 pm »
As in Sun City or move in with the kids?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 03:51:29 pm »
The reality is this.. Had Biden or someone else ran besides Hillary, Trump would have lost..

Check that dosage, buddy.    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 12:36:38 am »

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but ... the reality is Hillary ran unopposed except for Bernie.  No one, including Biden, stepped up to the plate for the simple reason that the DEMS and their base thought she had the nomination in the bag. The DEMS were wrong and that's reality.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 01:16:44 am »

Two other people ran - Sanders and O'Malley.  Neither would have beaten Trump in the general.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 01:24:47 am »
Joe Biden has been saying yes to nearly all the political invitations coBiden will be 77 by the time of the next Iowa caucuses, but Biden 2020 just might happen.

After two terms of Obama and the election of Trump, the sentient bag of cocaine that wrote the Star Wars Christmas Special just may win in 2020.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 02:55:47 am »
Wait a minute.

There's another thread in the forum in which Joe sez he isn't running in 2020.

The democrat/communist party has shifted so far to the left in the past 8 years, that they probably regard Biden as "too far to the right" to be considered for the nomination, anyway.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 03:51:08 am »
After two terms of Obama and the election of Trump, the sentient bag of cocaine that wrote the Star Wars Christmas Special just may win in 2020.

Yep..the American electorate are fools and history shows (and basic intuition)  an incoming president's poll numbers will be the highest at the beginning of his term. Trump's numbers four years from now will likely cause him to to decline to run again...in my view Trump is hopefully the last in a long list of assaults the baby boom generation has inflicted on this once great nation.

The fact is that the good old USA has devolved into a dysfunctional nation of self centered idiots incapable of doing more than maintaining the status que. Luckily the baby boomers will soon be gone and there is a generation coming up that will learn from our mistakes and right the ship..I only pray its not to late

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 01:00:28 pm »
Yep..the American electorate are fools and history shows (and basic intuition)  an incoming president's poll numbers will be the highest at the beginning of his term. Trump's numbers four years from now will likely cause him to to decline to run again...in my view Trump is hopefully the last in a long list of assaults the baby boom generation has inflicted on this once great nation.

The fact is that the good old USA has devolved into a dysfunctional nation of self centered idiots incapable of doing more than maintaining the status que. Luckily the baby boomers will soon be gone and there is a generation coming up that will learn from our mistakes and right the ship..I only pray its not to late

Let's not turn this into a generational bashing of baby boomers. There are plenty of us out there fighting the good fight, and raising our families to be good conservatives.

Let's not forget, boomers played a big role in electing Reagan and ending the Cold War.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 01:26:18 pm »
Maybe Generation X is capable of that, but my fellow millennials? I wouldn't bet on that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 02:18:55 pm »
Open memo to Joe: your options are - slim and none. You'll be 77 in 3 years, and Trump is going to undo all the "big effin' deals" that you and Barack accomplished.

Write your book, score a million or two on the lecture circuit, and please stay out of our lives.

From my perch, I know the impetus for another run at the White House: it's coming from your wife, who enjoyed the perks of being the VP's wife, and saw how Michelle took advantage of all that free travel and celebrity status.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:20:32 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 10:17:03 pm »
Careful Joe.

The undead bite.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 02:58:11 am »
"Hillary 2020
More experience than ever"

At losing...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 03:42:53 am »

@kevindavis  the reality is this.. People ran against Hitlary and got their ass handed to them. The reality is that a hell of a lot of people ran against Donny and they got their asses handed to them. The reality is that only Trump could win this election. There is irrefutable tangible proof of that.

All your sophistry and daydreaming will never change that reality.

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 12:22:48 pm »
Careful Joe.

The undead bite.

Its true!
Scientists carry out full head transplant on rats

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 12:23:09 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2017, 12:26:21 pm »
As in Sun City or move in with the kids?
He should move to The Villages, considering he knows their jingle so well.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2017, 12:45:05 pm »
He should move to The Villages, considering he knows their jingle so well.

He wouldn't fit in at the Villages.   Very conservative place.  Deaths waiting room runs 80-20 republican vs rat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2017, 12:48:47 pm »
Two other people ran - Sanders and O'Malley.  Neither would have beaten Trump in the general.

Jim Webb also ran - and he could have beaten Trump.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 01:04:44 pm »
Jim Webb also ran - and he could have beaten Trump.   

Who?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2017, 02:20:09 pm »
Who?

Jim Webb, from Wikipedia

Webb's an almost extinct breed - a centrist Dem.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2017, 02:25:21 pm »
Jim Webb, from Wikipedia

Webb's an almost extinct breed - a centrist Dem.

Thanks, I had never heard of him.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 07:38:25 pm »
He wouldn't fit in at the Villages.   Very conservative place.  Deaths waiting room runs 80-20 republican vs rat.
Yeah, I realized that after I read about the place. I'll be moving in sometime next week ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org