Author Topic: Brian Babin becomes second Texan to quit Freedom Caucus since March  (Read 2197 times)

Offline corbe

Brian Babin becomes second Texan to quit Freedom Caucus since March

U.S. Rep. Brian Babin, R-Woodville, joins Ted Poe of Humble in publicly ending his ties to the arch conservative group in Congress, the Freedom Caucus.    

by Abby LivingstonApril 27, 2017  4:44 PM

WASHINGTON - U.S. Rep. Brian Babin, R-Woodville, is the second Texas Republican since March to quit an arch conservative group in Congress, the Freedom Caucus.

In recent weeks, Babin, a sophomore from East Texas, surfaced as a vocal critic of the caucus' obstruction to the agenda of House leadership and President Donald Trump. U.S. Rep. Ted Poe of Humble left the caucus in early April with similar complaints.

“As one of the most conservative members of Congress, I have nothing but the greatest respect for my friends and colleagues in the House Freedom Caucus," Babin said in a statement. "I simply believe I can be a more effective voice in support of our conservative policies outside of the caucus now that we have a President who will sign our conservative legislation."

The Freedom Caucus has several dozen members. It has stymied the rest of the GOP conference in the past by denying a party consensus on legislation – usually on the grounds that the leadership's agenda is not conservative enough. Frequently, U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan and his predecessor, John Boehner, were forced to seek Democratic support for legislation because they could not secure a simple majority vote out of their own caucus.

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/04/27/texas-congressman-quits-freedom-caucus/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Brian Babin becomes second Texan to quit Freedom Caucus since March
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 10:15:46 pm »
Good riddance.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:22:45 pm »
Babin backed the extension bill of Obamacare last month, so he really didn't belong to a group that opposed it anyway.

He actually appears to uphold a lot of conservative principles otherwise.  Perhaps since his career is in healthcare (a dentist), it makes a difference to him somehow.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 01:45:56 pm »
Good riddance.

I have known Brian Babin for thirty years!  He is as conservative as you are likely to find anywhere. I trust him.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 02:22:37 pm »
I have known Brian Babin for thirty years!  He is as conservative as you are likely to find anywhere. I trust him.

Can you find out why he quit?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 02:31:23 pm »
Can you find out why he quit?

Probably.

“As one of the most conservative members of Congress, I have nothing but the greatest respect for my friends and colleagues in the House Freedom Caucus," Babin said in a statement. "I simply believe I can be a more effective voice in support of our conservative policies outside of the caucus now that we have a President who will sign our conservative legislation." 

http://www.fortworthbusiness.com/news/brian-babin-becomes-second-texan-to-quit-freedom-caucus-since/article_bf00492a-2bc2-11e7-ab6e-5b4365797cc7.html

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 02:38:54 pm »
Probably.

http://www.fortworthbusiness.com/news/brian-babin-becomes-second-texan-to-quit-freedom-caucus-since/article_bf00492a-2bc2-11e7-ab6e-5b4365797cc7.html

Well Mr. Babin, I can personally account for a base vote reduction of 14 (come 2018), just based on my local yokels.

Why don't you just return your ass back to Woodville, and let a real conservative give it a try.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 02:40:41 pm »

I've met him too, and this is not what he promised.  Exit stage left, I guess
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 02:40:44 pm »
Well Mr. Babin, I can personally account for a base vote reduction of 14 (come 2018), just based on my local yokels.

Why don't you just return your ass back to Woodville, and let a real conservative give it a try.

Where are you going to find some more conservative than Brian Babin?  They don't exist!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 02:44:00 pm »
Where are you going to find some more conservative than Brian Babin?  They don't exist!

Babin told me at a political forum that he would work with the most conservative factions to dismember Obamacare.  So why does he turn on them when they try to prevent Trump's Obamacare lite?

Hope holds a town hall soon.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 02:47:17 pm »
Babin told me at a political forum that he would work with the most conservative factions to dismember Obamacare.  So why does he turn on them when they try to prevent Trump's Obamacare lite?

According to them that is EXACTLY what they are trying to do! Dismember it instead of just repealing it and I'm beginning to understand why they chose that route!  FAR too many RINOS to do it any other way!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 04:29:56 pm »
The Freedom Caucus hasn't obstructed anything, they are doing what their constituents sent them there to do.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 04:44:35 pm »
According to them that is EXACTLY what they are trying to do! Dismember it instead of just repealing it and I'm beginning to understand why they chose that route!  FAR too many RINOS to do it any other way!

Ted Poe used to be in this category until he found out that there was a fast track in leadership as long as you play along with the RINO carrousel

Mr Babin, same story different verse?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 05:06:00 pm »
Ted Poe used to be in this category until he found out that there was a fast track in leadership as long as you play along with the RINO carrousel
Mr Babin, same story different verse?

Yes for both.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 08:27:05 pm »

Don't hold your breath waiting on that town hall, catfish!   22222frying pan
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.