Author Topic: Ted Cruz Introduces Bill for $14 Billion Seized from ‘El Chapo’ to Fund Border Wall  (Read 5249 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Poetically appropriate.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What?   :shrug:
Please explain what you mean by 'exposing our border agents'.  Perhaps I misunderstood.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Please explain what you mean by 'exposing our border agents'.  Perhaps I misunderstood.

Why have them out there dodging bullets when a barricade/wall (where possible) would keep bad guys from coming across in the first place? 

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
So do land mines!  Announce to the Mexican government and blast it over their airwaves that the U.S. has a zero tolerance policy for illegal entry ... land mines will be in place along the border with in (x) time ...enter at your own risk.  Problem solved. 

I believe we still need a wall to illustrate a physical barrier...the barrier will be a reminder that a) there are landmines and b) zero tolerance.

How does Mexico keep people out?  Do they have a wall or does the Mexican policy of jailing or killing anyone who comes in illegally work?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

How does Mexico keep people out?  Do they have a wall or does the Mexican policy of jailing or killing anyone who comes in illegally work?

Mexico prisons are known hell holes; besides who wants to live in Mexico?  I had booked a cruise that encompassed parts of Mexico and in looking up some of the ports on the American Consulate's Travel Advisory website I wound up cancelling the trip. I don't even want to vacation there!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Why have them out there dodging bullets when a barricade/wall (where possible) would keep bad guys from coming across in the first place?
Well, go back and read the comments on building the wall.

In some places, it will be an engineering nightmare with topography and rivers to contend with.

A virtual wall strengthened with technological monitoring and weaponry can police those areas effectively.

I understand what you are apprehensive about.  Why place individuals in harm's way needlessly?  The answer we do not have to.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

There are few that ever spend time in a Mexican jail that desire to return or are heard from again.

Pretty effective policy.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

I don't doubt the veracity of that picture. But how the heck are the central Americans getting past it to come to the US?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't doubt the veracity of that picture. But how the heck are the central Americans getting past it to come to the US?
They take the train...

http://www.inquisitr.com/1345032/mexican-train-derails-with-1000-illegal-immigrants-riding-on-top/
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They take the train...

http://www.inquisitr.com/1345032/mexican-train-derails-with-1000-illegal-immigrants-riding-on-top/

And, Mexico lets them.  As long as they stay on the train up to the US border, they're fine.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz Lifts Ingraham Idea for Cartel-Funded Border Wall
Texas senator touts 'El Chapo' solution first reported by LifeZette in September 2016

by Margaret Menge | Updated 27 Apr 2017 at 7:42 AM

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) went on “Fox & Friends” Wednesday morning to trumpet his plan to seize $14 billion in cash and assets from Mexican drug lord “El Chapo” to pay for President Donald Trump’s border wall.

Except the idea wasn’t unique to Cruz and was first floated during the height of the 2016 presidential election by LifeZette and Editor-in-Chief Laura Ingraham.

Continued: http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/cruz-lifts-idea-cartel-funded-border-wall-ingraham/

Silver Pines

"to be used to pay for the President’s border wall"

Whose wall?

Take off the knee pads guys.

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I think he's doing that because he understands Trump's ego and how to play to it to get things done.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Silver Pines

Two Words: Lyin' Ted.

He probably will funnel the money into assassination operations for his father and the rest will go to a Goldman Sachs fund dedicated to drowning puppies.

@Frank Cannon

Or for a legal defense fund for his old man next time he conspires to off somebody.  That old guy is walking around free, a danger to society.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

Or for a legal defense fund for his old man next time he conspires to off somebody.  That old guy is walking around free, a danger to society.

Plus I have unnamed sources telling me that since the JFK assassination went so well, Rafael Cruz has his sights set on LBJ now.

Offline TomSea

@Frank Cannon

"His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being – you know, shot," Trump said. "I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous. What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don't even talk about that. That was reported, and nobody talks about it."

"I mean, what was he doing – what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?" Trump continued. "It's horrible."

Continued: https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-05-03/trump-cruzs-father-was-with-oswald-before-kennedy-assassination

These seem to be Trump's words.  They seem to distort what was actually said.

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

Plus I have unnamed sources telling me that since the JFK assassination went so well, Rafael Cruz has his sights set on LBJ now.

Lmao

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

These seem to be Trump's words.  They seem to distort what was actually said.

No matter what anyone says, your on the ball Tom. Way to clarify the unclarifiable.

Offline TomSea

Always right.

:seeya:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Can we call it the Guzman memorial?

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
hah hah 'Doubt that Ingraham thought it up herself anyway - prolly heard it from someone on this forum. heh

There's nothing new under the sun...

Nothing we can do that can't be done
Nothing we can sing that can't be sung
There's nothing you can do but you can learn how to feel inside
It's easy
All you need is love
All you need is love
Love is all you need.

I wrote those lyrics back in 1962 but the Beatles stole them from me. That's why I killed two of them already and I'm workin' on the other two. GRRRRRR!! Although I'm thinkn' of giving Ringo a pass 'cause he's so easy-goin'. But McCartney...there's a silver hammer with HIS name on it...

Seriously, I doubt that Ingraham would care much. I think she is a Cruz fan anyway.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:22:33 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)