Author Topic: Former Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Reveals Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her Too  (Read 3883 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Former Fox News host Alisyn Camerota is the latest woman to reveal that the network’s previous CEO Roger Ailes sexually harassed her.

In a sit-down Sunday on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” Camerota detailed a toxic work environment in which Ailes allegedly made inappropriate sexual comments, solicited her for sex in exchange for more career opportunities and singled her out for not promoting conservative values......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alisyn-camerota-roger-ailes_us_58fcca0fe4b00fa7de1516c1

Offline ABX

Also this, from my friend who worked at Fox who shared this:

...there are virtually no younger female on-air talent at Fox that escaped sexual harassment from Ailes, O'Reilly and or top/mid-level execs. In 14 years at Fox almost every female friend of mine shared their harassment story with me and in essence said "there is nothing I can do except quit....If I go to HR I'm dead girl walking."

But the institutional sexual harassment of female employees is just the opener...What we disclose in the book about the real secrets buried at FNC will blow Fox News fans minds..."trust me.".....

Offline Frank Cannon

Pardon me if I do not give a shit. If things were this bad, why did they stay silent and not leave? These victims make it sound like they worked for God and that they would be struck down by lightning if they did anything to correct the problem.

Offline ABX

Pardon me if I do not give a shit. If things were this bad, why did they stay silent and not leave? These victims make it sound like they worked for God and that they would be struck down by lightning if they did anything to correct the problem.

Many did leave and apparently, they aren't remaining silent. Many are coming forward now, plus, who knows how many went to lawyers and settled (such as the $13 million in settlements O'Reilly alone had to pay).

Offline Frank Cannon

Many did leave and apparently, they aren't remaining silent. Many are coming forward now, plus, who knows how many went to lawyers and settled (such as the $13 million in settlements O'Reilly alone had to pay).

This has been going on for what appears to be 15 years and NOW they are just opening their mouths? Also if you take the hush money then run around claiming this or that, give the money back and take it to court, otherwise sit down and shut up.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We saw a retraction earlier TODAY  from one woman that had claimed Sean Hannity "harassed" her.

One person's "harassment," can apparently be another's mere passing remark, joke, comment, look, gesture, etc.

In our entitled, empowered, hyper-sensitive society, we SHOULD quickly get desensitized to this bullshit.

Previously "you look nice today" would be taken as a complement, but now it is "sexual harassment."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I like the way they use "reveals" in the headline to substantiate the claim, and only later (once the reader's opinion has been formed) use "allegedly".

And I note there's a show on CNN called "Reliable Sources"?   ???
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline skeeter

Apparently everything was just great as long as these 'victims' were drawing a paycheck.

In order to avoid this bullsh*t in the future any news outlet purporting to serve the conservative market will have to screen its employees for their ideological bent before hiring them.

geronl

Hollyweird has a casting couch, I guess Fox News does too

geronl

in which Ailes allegedly made inappropriate sexual comments, solicited her for sex in exchange for more career opportunities and singled her out for not promoting conservative values......

lol, he wasn't promoting conservative values either from the sound of it

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
In the end it really doesn't matter what we think, just what the jury thinks.

Offline mirraflake

How much of this is a few gals claimed harassment and the rest are jumping on hoping to get a nice settlement? They know they cannot get by on their looks forever.

I can see one of two but now every Fox babe is claiming she was harrassed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:35:23 pm by mirraflake »

Silver Pines

Apparently everything was just great as long as these 'victims' were drawing a paycheck.

In order to avoid this bullsh*t in the future any news outlet purporting to serve the conservative market will have to screen its employees for their ideological bent before hiring them.

@skeeter

Or, as Gretchen Carlson explained, it's really easy to say, "why didn't you quit?"  But if you've snared a good job at Fox and you have a family and bills to pay, it's not that easy to walk away. 

She also said she gets the question "Why didn't you speak up before now?" and her simple answer was, well, look what happens when we do.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:44:36 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Also this, from my friend who worked at Fox who shared this:

So its to sell books.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

@skeeter

Or, as Gretchen Carlson explained, it's really easy to say, "why didn't you quit?"  But if you've snared a good job at Fox and you have a family and bills to pay, it's not that easy to walk away. 

She also said she gets the question "Why didn't you speak up before now?" and her simple answer was, well, look what happens when we do.

Perfect point.   Things are never black and white in an effort to not become homeless.

Silver Pines

Perfect point.   Things are never black and white in an effort to not become homeless.

Thanks, @Wingnut.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah. Mountains of cash are dolled out to victims and sleazy people get fired. Really terrible outcome.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@skeeter

Yeah, I've been accused of this before.   I worked for a manager who hired women based on looks.    So we had two groups, one small group of engineers and a group of 15 women who were very attractive for the most part.  Only about 1/3 could do their job.

Then the manager quit and they made me acting manager.  The executives asked me to conduct daily training for the team that couldn't do their job.    I would walk into the 8am training sessions and they'd be talking about their double Ds and other graphic things.

I got flashed more than once by women who were trying to get something.   They ended up trying to get me fired so they started making false charges.

Does harrassmen happen?   yes it does but its never as simple as they want you to believe.  I'd wager it was a highly charged environment and everyone was ok with it as long as the money was rolling.  Once the money stops then suddenly they were harrassed.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@skeeter

I hear you, @CatherineofAragon, but she had a choice and she took the shut-up-and-take-the-money choice.  IMHO doesn't give her a lot of room to complain, and brings into question the veracity of her claim. 

Doing the right thing frequently is difficult and may cause pain.  She chose to not do the right thing.  I don't have much respect for that.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, her children were going to starve if she did the right thing and spoke up.  Or, go homeless or something.

Silver Pines

Yeah. Mountains of cash are dolled out to victims and sleazy people get fired. Really terrible outcome.

And conservative men ripping them up one side and down another, automatically dismissing their claims.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Her husband is the top grossing sports agent in the business. I guess she really had to keep working in that disgusting office to keep food on the table.

Offline Frank Cannon

And conservative men ripping them up one side and down another, automatically dismissing their claims.

You take a payoff you deserve no sympathy. All of this mess at FOX could have been cleared up decades ago if these women went public with their charges and took people to court. Instead they took bribes to shut up and go away allowing others to be abused as well. It stinks.

Silver Pines

@Wingnut

Oh, I missed your sarcasm.  Forget the thanks.

Silver Pines

I hear you, @CatherineofAragon, but she had a choice and she took the shut-up-and-take-the-money choice.  IMHO doesn't give her a lot of room to complain, and brings into question the veracity of her claim. 

Doing the right thing frequently is difficult and may cause pain.  She chose to not do the right thing.  I don't have much respect for that.

@Sanguine

Nope.  I've been there.  When I finally told my boss what happened, he couldn't believe it.  "Why didn't you tell me?" me asked over and over.  I was lucky to have a boss like that.

It's not all that easy to walk away from any job, much less a plum one at Fox News.  I know that, too. 

Ailes and O'Reilly were the ones who didn't do the right thing. But here we are, blaming the women for it, saying they have no right to complain.  It's unbelievable, really.  And it's BS.