Author Topic: Knife Rights’ Texas “Illegal Knife” Repeal Bill Passed Unanimously by Committee  (Read 1100 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ammoland.com 4/19/2017

Knife Rights' bipartisan Texas Knife Law Reform Bill, HB 1935, that would repeal the ban on all “illegal knives” in Texas statutes, has passed out of the House Criminal Jurisprudence Committee by a unanimous vote and is now headed to the Calendars Committee.

HB 790, the other knife law reform bill that only repeals the ban on daggers, also passed out of the Committee.

More: https://www.ammoland.com/2017/04/knife-rights-texas-illegal-knife-repeal-bill-passed-unanimously-committee/

Online roamer_1

Ammoland.com 4/19/2017

Knife Rights' bipartisan Texas Knife Law Reform Bill, HB 1935, that would repeal the ban on all “illegal knives” in Texas statutes, has passed out of the House Criminal Jurisprudence Committee by a unanimous vote and is now headed to the Calendars Committee.

HB 790, the other knife law reform bill that only repeals the ban on daggers, also passed out of the Committee.

More: https://www.ammoland.com/2017/04/knife-rights-texas-illegal-knife-repeal-bill-passed-unanimously-committee/

Texas had illegal knives? who knew?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Here in Texas, we have some screwy knife laws.

For example:

“Illegal knife” means a:
(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;
(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;
(C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stiletto, and poniard;
(D) bowie knife;

It really gets me that in Texas, the Bowie knife is defined as an ILLEGAL KNIFE.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Gee, we just talked about this yesterday.

Michigan Senate passes legislation legalizing switchblade knives

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,259369.0.html

Online roamer_1

Here in Texas, we have some screwy knife laws.

For example:

“Illegal knife” means a:
(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;
(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;
(C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stiletto, and poniard;
(D) bowie knife;

It really gets me that in Texas, the Bowie knife is defined as an ILLEGAL KNIFE.

I think we have concealed carry laws here in MT (though no one pays attention). I think that is 5" - Basically a large folding knife is fine concealed... But I do believe I can carry anything, provided it is belt-attached or basically in-view. My main knife is a full-length Bowie with a stag handle. I don't carry it all the time, but it is not uncommon upon my belt.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I think we have concealed carry laws here in MT (though no one pays attention). I think that is 5" - Basically a large folding knife is fine concealed... But I do believe I can carry anything, provided it is belt-attached or basically in-view. My main knife is a full-length Bowie with a stag handle. I don't carry it all the time, but it is not uncommon upon my belt.

My everyday attire is a Case XX Trapper and a Benchmade  McHenry & Williams clip-on.