Author Topic: Gun accidentally taken to New Braunfels elementary school (see the shocking reaction!)  (Read 1968 times)

geronl

NEW BRAUNFELS - An eight-year-old girl at New Braunfels County Line Elementary School brought a loaded handgun to school Tuesday morning.

According to police, the girl found the loaded handgun when she opened her bag to start the school day. The student immediately told her teacher, who took the bag with the gun and turned it into campus administration.

The New Braunfels Police Department was notified and investigated the incident. Police believe the girl did not know that the gun was in the bag. 
excerpt

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/gun-accidentally-taken-to-new-braunfels-elementary-school/432184520

You won't believe how this was handled! Shocking!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That is shocking in this day and age.

geronl

They handled it like they were sane adults, amazingly.

Offline Joe Wooten

I went to a rural school in West Texas, where every over 16 yr old boy had a gun in his vehicle come deer/turkey/quail season. Sometimes a teacher, especially one of the coaches would take a look at a new one. No big deal. But that was in the early 1970's.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I went to a rural school in West Texas, where every over 16 yr old boy had a gun in his vehicle come deer/turkey/quail season. Sometimes a teacher, especially one of the coaches would take a look at a new one. No big deal. But that was in the early 1970's.

It was still like that into the 80s here in rural Michigan.

Guns used for after school hunting had to stay in the cars if we drove and they couldn't go on the bus so a parent had to bring the student and the gun would go to the principal's office.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:27:22 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
They handled it like they were sane adults, amazingly.

I was shocked, especially with the clickbait headline. :)

In New Braunfels, the judge would probably even throw out that ticket if they decide to challenge it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It was still like that into the 80s here in rural Michigan.

Guns used for after school hunting had to stay in the cars if we drove and they couldn't go on the bus so a parent had to bring the student and the gun would go to the principal's office.

Early 90s High School in Texas was like that too. We even had a hunting safety class after school and it was not uncommon for a student to bring a rifle to class (unloaded of course) to learn cleaning, safety, etc.

Online corbe

I will admit being a 25 year resident here this town definitely has it's quirks and idiosyncrasies.  The great German influence, so prevalent in it's History is rapidly dying off and being replaced by retired Military and liberal Austinites.  It's almost reminiscent of how the Civil war had Brothers hunting down and killing Brothers, (at least they did it 20 miles out of town) in this tight knit community.

New Braunfels, come here for Vacation, Leave on Probation  (don't mess with our Cops, you may outrun them but the leads on their Tasers are extra long). 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

I will admit being a 25 year resident here this town definitely has it's quirks and idiosyncrasies.

I've been here for a few years, it's nice.

Online corbe

I've been here for a few years, it's nice.

You live near the Frio, right @geronl ?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

You live near the Frio, right @geronl ?

I'm right off the highway near the older H-E-B

Offline Victoria33

I will admit being a 25 year resident here this town definitely has it's quirks and idiosyncrasies.  The great German influence, so prevalent in it's History is rapidly dying off and being replaced by retired Military and liberal Austinites.  It's almost reminiscent of how the Civil war had Brothers hunting down and killing Brothers, (at least they did it 20 miles out of town) in this tight knit community.   New Braunfels, come here for Vacation, Leave on Probation  (don't mess with our Cops, you may outrun them but the leads on their Tasers are extra long).
@corbe

The former Grand Dragon of the Texas Ku Klux Klan lives there.

Online corbe

Damn we're practically neighbors, I live in town near the Lindheimer House.  It was me putting those (free) Trump stickers on your car at the old HEB, the cheap ba$tard that I am, I couldn't throw them away, so I put them to good use, a new member BigU is also from here, lives nearer to you.
   Do you like Craft Beer, going to the Festival today?

Offline mirraflake

Back in the 70's my HS closed for the first day  of deer season. We also had a gun range at the school  up until the mid 70's It was in the basement under the gym. MY sister took one of the last shooting classes 74 or 75

@Joe Wooten
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:24:57 pm by mirraflake »

Online corbe

@corbe

The former Grand Dragon of the Texas Ku Klux Klan lives there.

I think he lives up near Canyon Lake, where the only Black Friend (not many in this area), I have lives, I shared that info with him, He seemed apathetic about it.

geronl

Damn we're practically neighbors, I live in town near the Lindheimer House.  It was me putting those (free) Trump stickers on your car at the old HEB, the cheap ba$tard that I am, I couldn't throw them away, so I put them to good use, a new member BigU is also from here, lives nearer to you.
   Do you like Craft Beer, going to the Festival today?

lol. I'm working tonight, so I'm not going anywhere else. I live in the "bad" part of town, I think there is Mexican mafia around here :)