Author Topic: Border Angels activist disappears in Mexico after Facebook Live plea for help  (Read 925 times)

rangerrebew

Border Angels activist disappears in Mexico after Facebook Live plea for help

Sandy Coronilla
    9:45 AM, Apr 16, 2017

SAN DIEGO (KGTV)--Friends and family of a missing San Diego-based immigration rights activist are asking for the public's help in locating the man last seen in Mexico pleading for help on Facebook Live on Thursday.

Hugo Castro is a U.S. citizen who works as a volunteer coordinator with the local non-profit organization Border Angels, which "advocates for human rights, humane immigration reform and social justice," according to its website.

http://www.10news.com/news/border-an...-plea-for-help

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:08:29 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I've read about this group before, Border Angels.

Offline skeeter

Border Angels activist disappears in Mexico after Facebook Live plea for help

Sandy Coronilla
    9:45 AM, Apr 16, 2017

SAN DIEGO (KGTV)--Friends and family of a missing San Diego-based immigration rights activist are asking for the public's help in locating the man last seen in Mexico pleading for help on Facebook Live on Thursday.

Hugo Castro is a U.S. citizen who works as a volunteer coordinator with the local non-profit organization Border Angels, which "advocates for human rights, humane immigration reform and social justice," according to its website.

http://www.10news.com/news/border-an...-plea-for-help

If Mr Castro survives his current predicament perhaps he'll reconsider his support for a phenomena that inflicts similar pain and suffering among thousands of his countrymen.

Offline Victoria33

@rangerrebew

Living in east Texas and then father south in the NASA area, I went to Mexico numerous times in my life.  Normal travel precautions were taken then in Mexico.  Now, it is too dangerous to go there.  The missing person in this article is likely dead.  Also, through the years, I traveled to numerous European countries and also China and Greece.  None of these countries are safe for travel now, except maybe England and Italy, Switzerland, Norway and even those are not as safe as they used to be.  If I feel this way, I imagine millions of others feel this way, and tourist dollars are not going to these countries as they used to.  The world is much different than it was 10-15 years ago.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is like when you have an angry tailgater and he finally gets past you in a cloud of dust and a mighty hi-ho Silver, and you pass him in the next block as he's being pulled over.  But, that ends much better than this one probably will.  God help anyone kidnapped in Mexico.

Offline skeeter

@rangerrebew

Living in east Texas and then father south in the NASA area, I went to Mexico numerous times in my life.  Normal travel precautions were taken then in Mexico.  Now, it is too dangerous to go there.  The missing person in this article is likely dead.  Also, through the years, I traveled to numerous European countries and also China and Greece.  None of these countries are safe for travel now, except maybe England and Italy, Switzerland, Norway and even those are not as safe as they used to be.  If I feel this way, I imagine millions of others feel this way, and tourist dollars are not going to these countries as they used to.  The world is much different than it was 10-15 years ago.

I drove into TJ & down the Baja coast several times back in the eighties, probably foolish to do so even then, although the worst thing I had to contend with were squeegee boys. I just as soon drive through the Kandahar province today.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I drove into TJ & down the Baja coast several times back in the eighties, probably foolish to do so even then, although the worst thing I had to contend with were squeegee boys. I just as soon drive through the Kandahar province today.
I am always amazed by Church groups, Spring Breakers, and people on vacation, who voluntarily choose to go to Mexico. Apparently they are just too stupid to comprehend how dangerous it can be down there. And in many cases, the Mexican Police are worse than the criminals. Even if I were to win a free trip to Mexico with all expenses paid, I would never go. Going to Mexico is dangerous for an experienced Spanish speaking traveller. For an average American to travel down there, especially a teenager, is just asking for trouble. You might as well choose to vacation in Detroit, or Southside Chicago for Spring break.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

I am always amazed by Church groups, Spring Breakers, and people on vacation, who voluntarily choose to go to Mexico. Apparently they are just too stupid to comprehend how dangerous it can be down there. And in many cases, the Mexican Police are worse than the criminals. Even if I were to win a free trip to Mexico with all expenses paid, I would never go. Going to Mexico is dangerous for an experienced Spanish speaking traveller. For an average American to travel down there, especially a teenager, is just asking for trouble. You might as well choose to vacation in Detroit, or Southside Chicago for Spring break.

Acapulco was recently removed form a popular cruise line's scheduled stops due to violence. Acapulco!