Author Topic: Jeff Sessions’s New Immigration Order Creates Panic Among Complacent DOJ Attorneys  (Read 493 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jeff Sessions’s New Immigration Order Creates Panic Among Complacent DOJ Attorneys

Posted at 9:00 am on April 15, 2017 by streiff

Because of the press of events over the past three days, this story didn’t get the coverage it really deserved. On Tuesday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions was in Nogales, AZ, speaking to CBP personnel. The main thing the media glommed onto was this:

Here, along our nation’s southwest border, is ground zero in this fight. Here, under the Arizona sun, ranchers work the land to make an honest living, and law-abiding citizens seek to provide for their families.

But it is also here, along this border, that transnational gangs like MS-13 and international cartels flood our country with drugs and leave death and violence in their wake. And it is here that criminal aliens and the coyotes and the document-forgers seek to overthrow our system of lawful immigration.

Let’s stop here for a minute. When we talk about MS-13 and the cartels, what do we mean? We mean criminal organizations that turn cities and suburbs into warzones, that rape and kill innocent citizens and who profit by smuggling poison and other human beings across our borders. Depravity and violence are their calling cards, including brutal machete attacks and beheadings.

It is here, on this sliver of land, where we first take our stand against this filth.

more
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/04/15/jeff-sessionss-new-immigration-order-creates-panic-among-complacent-doj-attorneys/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

The last paragraph is right but could have been worded differently. If past presidents had done their job then Trump would not now have to crack down on an out of control situation.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Starting today, federal prosecutors are now required to consider for prosecution all of the following offenses:

The transportation or harboring of aliens. As you know too well, this is a booming business down here. No more. We are going to shut down and jail those who have been profiting off this lawlessness — people smuggling gang members across the border, helping convicted criminals re-enter this country and preying on those who don’t know how dangerous the journey can be.

Further, where an alien has unlawfully entered the country, which is a misdemeanor, that alien will now be charged with a felony if they unlawfully enter or attempt enter a second time and certain aggravating circumstances are present.

Also, aliens that illegally re-enter the country after prior removal will be referred for felony prosecution — and a priority will be given to such offenses, especially where indicators of gang affiliation, a risk to public safety or criminal history are present.

Fourth: where possible, prosecutors are directed to charge criminal aliens with document fraud and aggravated identity theft — the latter carrying a two-year mandatory minimum sentence.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly: I have directed that all 94 U.S. Attorneys Offices make the prosecution of assault on a federal law enforcement officer — that’s all of you — a top priority. If someone dares to assault one of our folks in the line of duty, they will do federal time for it.

To ensure that these priorities are implemented, starting today, each U.S. Attorney’s Office, whether on the border or interior, will designate an Assistant United States Attorney as the Border Security Coordinator for their District. It will be this experienced prosecutor’s job to coordinate the criminal immigration enforcement response for their respective offices.

THIS is what has their bowels in an uproar! 

Way to go General Sessions! It's about damned time!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He never said the last line. That was in his written speech - he actually said something different.

I'll try to find the article (it was a rare apology from a talking head)

Edit - Here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/04/12/i-was-wrong-about-jeff-sessions/

Found it quick, haven't rebooted yet, so history is still there.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 04:45:17 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

I read it and good for Sessions.  The title is over the top, since the article included only "one" prosecutor who was "upset" with the orders.  It also included a prosecutor who was positive about the orders and is already doing some of them.

Here is a story: my sister-in-law who died two years ago at the age of 60, was a liberal to the max and when she was in college in her 30s, in Corpus Christi which is not that far from the border, she was part of a group that hid illegals coming from south America.  She recruited other college students to do the same.  I did not know her at that time - if I had, I would have had to say something - liberals have blinders on when it comes to law - they think it does not apply to them.

Offline skeeter

THIS is what has their bowels in an uproar! 

Way to go General Sessions! It's about damned time!

So prosecutors might have to do their damn jobs? Poor fellas.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So prosecutors might have to do their damn jobs? Poor fellas.

I feel SO bad for them!  NOT!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
What a welcome change to the immigration/illegal problem:
Enforcement of existing laws.

Where be the ne'ertrumpers who so loudly proclaimed his administration would do nothing regarding the illegals…?