Author Topic: Passengers ‘shaky and so disgusted’ as United forces screaming doctor off a plane  (Read 30190 times)

Offline Applewood

No matter what the Doc has done in his past...no matter whether  United has it in it's micro print on the ticket that they reserve the right to kick paying customers off a plane so the  can dead head a crew to it's next destination...they were wrong and will always be wrong in how they initially handled the situation and how badly their PR people have stumbled every step of the way since.

You don't treat people like that...period.

Agreed.    :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:20:02 pm by Applewood »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
...they were wrong and will always be wrong in how they initially handled the situation and how badly their PR people have stumbled every step of the way since.

In years past, I know my company spent many thousands of $ just on myself and immediate colleagues on dealing with PR, media, and governmental agencies. 

Extrapolating that, no telling how many billions are spent corporate nation wide on these matters.

Still, in a matter of a week we have seen debacles from Pepsi, UA, and the WH.  WTH????
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
In years past, I know my company spent many thousands of $ just on myself and immediate colleagues on dealing with PR, media, and governmental agencies. 

Extrapolating that, no telling how many billions are spent corporate nation wide on these matters.

Still, in a matter of a week we have seen debacles from Pepsi, UA, and the WH.  WTH????

I guess they don't make PR people like they used to.

These have been incidents that have provided some valuable teaching points as well as some interesting discussion among myself and others in the PA field.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:20:11 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I guess they don't make PR people like they used to.

These have been incidents that have provided some valuable teaching points as well as some interesting discussion among myself and others in the PA field.

Yep a training module could be constructed from this week alone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Schools need to teach young people courses in diplomacy....as well as how to develop the habit of saving 10% of everything that passes through their hands.

IMHO, social media is slowly eroding interpersonal skills among society...thus we get United Air Lines.

As far as the Pepsi debacle...someone signed off on the presentation by their advertising agency...perhaps in a poor attempt to mirror European commercials centered on how risque they can get.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Schools need to teach young people courses in diplomacy....as well as how to develop the habit of saving 10% of everything that passes through their hands.

IMHO, social media is slowly eroding interpersonal skills among society...thus we get United Air Lines.

As far as the Pepsi debacle...someone signed off on the presentation by their advertising agency...perhaps in a poor attempt to mirror European commercials centered on how risque they can get.

@DCPatriot

Why worry about diplomacy when you carry a big stick.  The veneer of civility with airline employees is razor thin.   Do anything to disagree with them and you will see the stick.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm still not clear on what the Pepsi thing is all about.  I completely missed it.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I'm still not clear on what the Pepsi thing is all about.  I completely missed it.   :shrug:

Keeping it brief, one of the Kardachian girls appeared in a Pepsi commercial, joins a BLM type march in progress, and hands a Pepsi to a cop in the  riot line.

1. Pisses off conservatives like us, because it could be construed as an Pepsi endorsement of BLM.
2. Pisses off liberals as it makes light of their cause.

Someone was asleep at the switch that day.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No matter what the Doc has done in his past...no matter whether  United has it in it's micro print on the ticket that they reserve the right to kick paying customers off a plane so the  can dead head a crew to it's next destination...they were wrong and will always be wrong in how they initially handled the situation and how badly their PR people have stumbled every step of the way since.

You don't treat people like that...period.
to say it more succinctly:  Why they did it is logical, whereas how they did it is not.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Keeping it brief, one of the Kardachian girls appeared in a Pepsi commercial, joins a BLM type march in progress, and hands a Pepsi to a cop in the  riot line.

1. Pisses off conservatives like us, because it could be construed as an Pepsi endorsement of BLM.

Ah, yeah.  I see the problem.  Leave it to a Kardashian to figure out a way to cheese everybody off at once.  I heard ol' Bruce had a Chopadicoffame surgery the other day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

Actually if the Twit was a person, it would be the one living in their moms basement who lost sleep over all of those memes in that picture.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

geronl

Imagine solving the BLM race riots by handing the racist, evil cops a Pepsi and peace breaks out.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Imagine solving the BLM race riots by handing the racist, evil cops a Pepsi and peace breaks out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-Qiyklq-Q
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

We have recently had fits, with Volkswagen and with Frontier cable. Very big companies, with complex computer systems.

But on the level of common sense, good judgment, employee sensitivity to possible loss of future business and company reputations, forget about it.

the root problem in my analysis, is this: We live in a society at a time after a massive explosion in the volume of information at hand.

But there has not been an increase in human skills, to process, manage, decide things with all this data.

Case VW: They committed fraud on consumers and government emission testing agencies. Now they have to fix or buy back the vehicles.  Dealing with this is a PR failure.

Case Frontier: Frontier bought Verizon FIOS in my area. Verizon was great on customer services.  Frontier treat its customers like we are the enemy.

United airlines is just one f many firms, falling down badly in terms of respecting the very customers that give them revenue.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We have recently had fits, with Volkswagen and with Frontier cable. Very big companies, with complex computer systems.

But on the level of common sense, good judgment, employee sensitivity to possible loss of future business and company reputations, forget about it.

the root problem in my analysis, is this: We live in a society at a time after a massive explosion in the volume of information at hand.

But there has not been an increase in human skills, to process, manage, decide things with all this data.

Case VW: They committed fraud on consumers and government emission testing agencies. Now they have to fix or buy back the vehicles.  Dealing with this is a PR failure.

Case Frontier: Frontier bought Verizon FIOS in my area. Verizon was great on customer services.  Frontier treat its customers like we are the enemy.

United airlines is just one of many firms, falling down badly in terms of respecting the very customers that give them revenue.

:amen:  Sing it, Bro...
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

United airlines is just one f many firms, falling down badly in terms of respecting the very customers that give them revenue.

Interesting.  I just switched to Frontier because I had had it with the customer "service" of the other (formerly great) option.  I've been quite happy with their support.

As far as UAL, I flew a half million miles with them.  Then I stopped travelling for work, and as soon as my status was gone I was chattel.  Oh, and all those miles I earned are now worth about 20% of what they used to be, as they keep moving the goal posts.  Contrast that with Marriott, who left me at their highest status level for a few years, even though I didn't rent a single room from them during the time, and has never devalued the rewards I have earned.  Now, both of these companies played by the rules, but guess which one gets my business, and perhaps more importantly my recommendation to others who travel?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

geronl

The UNITED memes are still coming out. lol.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Interesting.  I just switched to Frontier because I had had it with the customer "service" of the other (formerly great) option.  I've been quite happy with their support.

Frontier tries to gouge you with billings. Call to question it, or ask for change in services, and I can almost guarantee the bills will be screwed up, always in their favor. They will try to wear you down, and they may not be respectful or polite.

The first person that I talked with at Frontier turned me against them instantly. After that call, I said: "that is it. I am cutting the cable."

When you talk to them, note the date, and keep the "confirmation numbers."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Frontier tries to gouge you with billings. Call to question it, or ask for change in services, and I can almost guarantee the bills will be screwed up, always in their favor. They will try to wear you down, and they may not be respectful or polite.

The first person that I talked with at Frontier turned me against them instantly. After that call, I said: "that is it. I am cutting the cable."

When you talk to them, note the date, and keep the "confirmation numbers."

When I got my first bill, I called them, and after waiting on hold for less than a minute, I asked the English speaking human  being about the charges for the STB (set top box) and DVR (digital recorder), since I have neither (I use a cable card).  After a minute or so on hold, they confirmed that I had neither and my account would be credited on the next bill, which it was.

I don't know if they were trying to screw me, but the support reps were polite and fixed the issue.  And I didn't have to wait an hour or so after fighting through voicehell to get to speak to someone.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.