Author Topic: Too much Tinder: Why some single people are experiencing a dating burnout  (Read 13605 times)

Offline mirraflake

@Cripplecreek

I think you'd make a great couple, from the sound of it.

Yep, too bad his woman friend only looks upon him as a platonic friend though. Yeah tough talk, maybe too harsh but he really needs to go out and find someone else instead of just talking about it for 40+ years and thinking it will happen. She will never marry him. Sometimes the truth needs to be told.

You are in the mother of all friend zones my friend.

Time to find a woman CC who is attracted to you and wants a romantic relationship.

@Cripplecreek
@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:53:17 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Yep, too bad his woman friend only looks upon him as a platonic friend though. Yeah tough talk, maybe too harsh but he really needs to go out and find someone else instead of just talking about it for 40+ years and thinking it will happen. She will never marry him. Sometimes the truth needs to be told.

You are in the mother of all freind zones my friend.

Time to find a woman CC who is attracted to you and wants a romantic relationship.

@Cripplecreek
@CatherineofAragon

Hey why don't you bleep off you piece of lying liberal shit.

I'll get my advice from someone who doesn't think gays are superior to straight people.

Offline mirraflake

Hey why don't you bleep off you piece of lying liberal shit.

I'll get my advice from someone who doesn't think gays are superior to straight people.

I never said gays are superior. But after 40+ years I think you would get the message. She has zero interest in you other than  a platonic friend.

Time to crap and get off the pot and find a woman who actually wants to be with you and loves you and desires romance.

@Cripplecreek

Silver Pines

We drove to Texas together when I was 21 and she was 18. We went and stayed at her older brother's house for a few weeks.

So you know y'all can stand each other long term, lol.

Offline Cripplecreek

I never said gays are superior. But after 40+ years I think you would get the message. She has zero interest in you other than  a platonic friend.

Time to crap and get off the pot and find a woman who actually wants to be with you and loves you and desires romance.

@Cripplecreek

And you should quit fantasizing about little boys.

Offline Mod2

@mirraflake  That was completely uncalled for.

@Cripplecreek  Be nice
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:01:19 am by Mod2 »

Silver Pines

You are in the mother of all friend zones my friend.

@Cripplecreek
@CatherineofAragon

@mirraflake,you're really so damn tiresome.  I know you see yourself as one of the few hip and cool Republicans in a sea full of dull conservatives. Your posts are completely transparent.  You try to provoke, hoping someone will bite.

But for some reason you feel you have a lot to prove, too, judging by some of the personal information you've divulged.  Which is odd...I don't understand people who feel they have to prove themselves on the internet.

You're right, the truth needs to be told sometimes.  And you're just an abrasive braggart who's desperate to impress a bunch of people on a forum.

You're a bore.

Offline mirraflake

And you should quit fantasizing about little boys.

Really? I'm just telling you advice your best friends should have told you years ago.

It's been 40+ fricken years get a clue.

@Cripplecreek

Offline Cripplecreek

So you know y'all can stand each other long term, lol.

Oh yeah. We've taken a few long rides together over the years and we've had a few big fights too. I didn't speak to her for several months once when I thought she was interfering between my girlfriend and I. No easy feat in a town of less than 300 people. :silly:

Silver Pines

Oh yeah. We've taken a few long rides together over the years and we've had a few big fights too. I didn't speak to her for several months once when I thought she was interfering between my girlfriend and I. No easy feat in a town of less than 300 people. :silly:

I thought I lived in a small place, lol.  You've got me beat.

Offline roamer_1

Stop wasting both her time and yours and ask her.

Yeah... That's the ticket. More power to ya @Cripplecreek . Don't pay no mind to flapping lips.

Offline mirraflake

@mirraflake,you're really so damn tiresome.  I know you see yourself as one of the few hip and cool Republicans in a sea full of dull conservatives. Your posts are completely transparent.  You try to provoke, hoping someone will bite.

But for some reason you feel you have a lot to prove, too, judging by some of the personal information you've divulged.  Which is odd...I don't understand people who feel they have to prove themselves on the internet.

You're right, the truth needs to be told sometimes.  And you're just an abrasive braggart who's desperate to impress a bunch of people on a forum.

You're a bore.

I admit I speak too much, say the wrong things, can be a a%%hole at times, can't keep my mouth shut, as for proving I have something to prove  that comes from not being able to articulate myself well so I have to give extra info to make my point.
@CatherineofAragon 

Offline Cripplecreek

Yeah... That's the ticket. More power to ya @Cripplecreek . Don't pay no mind to flapping lips.

Actually she's the one who brought it up again recently but its something we've talked about for years. No big deal one way or the other.

The opinions of degenerate pro gay liberal outsiders are meaningless

Offline roamer_1

Actually she's the one who brought it up again recently but its something we've talked about for years. No big deal one way or the other.

The only way to find out is to give it a whirl, I guess... Roll out the red carpet for her.

It's almost like you can read my mind ;)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Well, any outsiders opinions are meaningless, for that matter, especially some folks'.
That is between the two of you, and I pray whatever course you take leads you both to fulfillment and happiness.
As for the rest, you were given free advice, and sometimes you get what you paid for.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:37:31 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Well I'm burned out with too much of this stupid tinder thread. How many GD pages can you fill with talk about a website where users get the clap?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well I'm burned out with too much of this stupid tinder thread. How many GD pages can you fill with talk about a website where users get the clap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc

Oh, I dunno.... :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Cannon wins the internets!
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

LMAO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Yeah!...finally!!!!!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34