Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 413107 times)

Offline libertybele

FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:05:21 am »
Melania Trump Goes Green to Meet Queen Rania of Jordan

It’s been a big week for Melania Trump. After the reveal of her official White House portrait on Monday, in which she wears Dolce & Gabbana and Hermès, the First Lady’s fashion choices have drawn more attention than ever. Heads turned today in Washington, D.C., for one, where Trump greeted Queen Rania of Jordan in a form-fitting emerald dress—a simple, streamlined look that felt like a departure from the neutrals and patriotic reds she’s favored in recent months.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 03:59:23 pm by mystery-ak »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod2

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 08:06:24 am »
Stickied, as promised. Have fun!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 11:24:37 am »
It is nice to see a First Lady who doesn't dress in such a way as to make me cringe.
 :laugh:
She looks so much better in a dress than Bill Clinton would have. :nometalk:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 11:30:45 am »
@CatherineofAragon

You're right. She really can carry off green.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 01:11:01 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Melania is beautiful, she can pull of just about anything.  You could put her in a brown burlap bag and she could still make it look good.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 01:53:04 pm »
While this isn't my favorite outfit, it appears that they are starting to duplicate some of her dresses and make them affordable to the general public.  This outfit is available for $116.99 and in a multitude of colors. It appears that it is being made outside of the U.S. by Ali Express.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Melania-Trump-Little-White-Dresses-Celebrity-Dresses-Baloon-Sleeves-And-Back-Split-Knee-Length-Celebrity-Gowns/32792079647.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.bXENR0#

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:55:40 pm by libertybele »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 02:08:19 pm »
Here's a different look for FLOTUS (I'm keeping an eye on the belts ...  ^-^)

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 02:12:30 pm »
Carried this over from the other thread because this, too, is a different look ... and quite nice for a visit to a school with the first lady of China:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 02:51:41 pm »
Here's a different look for FLOTUS (I'm keeping an eye on the belts ...  ^-^)

Believe it or not, she was criticized for wearing a sleeveless outfit!  I only wish I looked that good in a sleeveless anything.  Why the belts??
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 02:52:33 pm by libertybele »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 03:01:01 pm »
Psst. Think boob belts.  :tongue2:

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline BigU

• Dude
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 03:04:49 pm »

Hey Hillary, this is how you pull off a pant suit.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:16:41 pm by mystery-ak »
BigU

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 03:30:34 pm »
Wow,  the media's desperate for (bad) news on Melania. (See link).  On the plus side, there are tons of photos included with the article. 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/04/09/report-vanity-fair-suspected-to-be-prepping-a-hit-piece-about-m/22032439/

These are two of my favorites from Jan 19th ... 

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:31:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 03:54:39 pm »
I liked the pre-inaugural events even more so than the actual inauguration.  This picture IMHO won her the honor and title of being First Lady.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:56:08 pm by libertybele »

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 08:16:03 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

@EC

She can!  I love green.

@Mod2, thanks!

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 08:17:10 pm »
Melania Trump Goes Green to Meet Queen Rania of Jordan

It’s been a big week for Melania Trump. After the reveal of her official White House portrait on Monday, in which she wears Dolce & Gabbana and Hermès, the First Lady’s fashion choices have drawn more attention than ever. Heads turned today in Washington, D.C., for one, where Trump greeted Queen Rania of Jordan in a form-fitting emerald dress—a simple, streamlined look that felt like a departure from the neutrals and patriotic reds she’s favored in recent months.

Not saying a thing about Queen Rania's look.   :nometalk:

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 08:18:32 pm »
While this isn't my favorite outfit, it appears that they are starting to duplicate some of her dresses and make them affordable to the general public.  This outfit is available for $116.99 and in a multitude of colors. It appears that it is being made outside of the U.S. by Ali Express.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Melania-Trump-Little-White-Dresses-Celebrity-Dresses-Baloon-Sleeves-And-Back-Split-Knee-Length-Celebrity-Gowns/32792079647.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.bXENR0#

Very cool.  I actually liked that dress.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 08:19:42 pm »
Wow,  the media's desperate for (bad) news on Melania. (See link).  On the plus side, there are tons of photos included with the article. 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/04/09/report-vanity-fair-suspected-to-be-prepping-a-hit-piece-about-m/22032439/

These are two of my favorites from Jan 19th ... 

@Right_in_Virginia

That coat and gloves are sharp as can be.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 08:21:53 pm »

Both ladies were lovely. The queen's dress makes her look bundled up, but I think she carried it off.

And now for something completely different (I'll make the photo small so no one has to gag):

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2017, 09:00:52 pm »
Stickied, as promised. Have fun!

Nice!  Thanks!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 10:47:07 pm »
Both ladies were lovely. The queen's dress makes her look bundled up, but I think she carried it off.

And now for something completely different (I'll make the photo small so no one has to gag):

Check out Chelsea's shoes.  Is it me or are they too big? 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2017, 10:48:06 pm »
Bill Clinton's head has been too big since he lost all that weight, like Al Sharpton.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2017, 11:15:01 pm »
Very cool.  I actually liked that dress.

Apparently so did a dem Rep from Ohio .... have you seen this @CatherineofAragon

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:15:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 12:40:15 am »
Apparently so did a dem Rep from Ohio .... have you seen this @CatherineofAragon

@Right_in_Virginia

I haven't seen that.  I'll just be restrained and say the Democrat should have made another choice.  She couldn't pull it off.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 01:20:33 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I haven't seen that.  I'll just be restrained and say the Democrat should have made another choice.  She couldn't pull it off.

No one else had the guts to wear the 'bleep bow'.  :silly:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 04:12:05 am »
Not saying a thing about Queen Rania's look.   :nometalk:

I don't know. That Queen looks pretty damn fly to me.....