Author Topic: Russia recognizes West Jerusalem as capital of Israel, but that’s not really a good thing…  (Read 331 times)

Offline corbe

Russia recognizes West Jerusalem as capital of Israel, but that’s not really a good thing…

The Right Scoop    Apr. 6, 2017 1:48 pm by The Right Scoop

Russia has made a big change to its policy regarding Jerusalem and is now officially recognizing West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel:

JPOST – Russia recognizes west Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, the Russian Foreign Ministry stated in a surprise announcement on Thursday, obtained exclusively by The Jerusalem Post.

The announcement comes as US President Donald Trump’s administration is agonizing over whether to move its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a move that would constitute recognizing west Jerusalem as the country’s capital. No other country in the world recognizes any part of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

The statement issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry reads, “We reaffirm our commitment to the UN-approved principles for a Palestinian-Israeli settlement, which include the status of East Jerusalem as the capital of the future Palestinian state. At the same time, we must state that in this context we view West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.”

This is a sharp shift in Russian policy, which until now has formally held that Jerusalem should eventually be under a permanent international regime. The statement appears in English on the Russian Foreign Ministry’s Russian web site.

While officials in Jerusalem interpreted this to mean that recognition of west Jerusalem as Israel’s capital will only come once east Jerusalem becomes the capital of a Palestinian state, The Jerusalem Post has learned that Moscow intends this recognition to go into effect immediately.
That sounds like a good thing, right? But did you read the whole thing snippet above that I posted?

Russia wants East Jerusalem to be the capital of a future Palestinian State.

And that’s a huge problem, if for no other reason than what God says in the Bible:

“For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land.
Now this is obviously referring directly to the Muslim invasion into Jerusalem that brings about Armageddon, which is described in Ezekiel 38 and Zechariah 14. But clearly dividing up the land God gave to the Israelites, especially Jerusalem, is wrong no matter who advocates for it.

<..snip..>

http://therightscoop.com/russia-recognizes-west-jerusalem-as-capital-of-israel-but-thats-not-really-a-good-thing/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.