Author Topic: ESPN replaces Sage Steele on 'NBA Countdown' amid network's decision to limit on-air talent's political commentary  (Read 2558 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Sage Steele has been replaced by Michelle Beadle on ESPN's "NBA Countdown."

Steele has been with ESPN for a decade, and has been at the center of several controversies in recent months regarding her conservative political views. In January, Steele came under fire when she complained about protesters of President Donald Trump's travel ban, causing her to miss her flights.

She also faced heat for abruptly ending an interview with Arcade Fire lead singer Win Butler after he voiced his left-leaning political opinions at the NBA's Celebrity All-Star Game, and for criticizing NFL players' decision not to kneel for the National Anthem.

Most recently, Steele found herself in hot water after saying at a conference in February that the "worst racism that I have received ... is from black people."

"There are times that I believe that we, as African-Americans, can be hypocritical, and that is to not look ourselves in the mirror when we are saying certain things and blaming other groups for one thing when we are doing the exact same thing," she added.

The staffing shake-up comes amid the network's newly-issued guidelines aimed to limit on-air talent's political commentary.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/05/sage-steele-replaced-on-espns-on-nba-countdown-amid-networks-decision-to-limit-political-commentary.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, great, they ax the conservative.  But ESPN blows anyway.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, great, they ax the conservative.  But ESPN blows anyway.

It's never the ones with the Liberal POV at ESPN that get the axe...reprimanded or moved to a different time slot.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Applewood

No sports channels for me.  They've all become political.  I don't want to be indoctrinated in someome's politics.  i want to watch the game or maybe get some expert analysis of the game or a particular team.  Even the teams are into this LGBT, Black Lives Matter BS.  It's so bad I find myself rarely watching the Steelers these days and there was a time when I wouldn't miss a game. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Great idea to ditch a hot chick at a sports channel. No wonder they are doing so well.

Offline anubias

Still waiting for the feminists to howl like banshees that ESPN is mysogynist and racist.

Offline Applewood

Still waiting for the feminists to howl like banshees that ESPN is mysogynist and racist.

No, feminists would only support her if she was a liberal as they are. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

She's espoused Conservative beliefs and thought...to the feminists...she's fair game.

geronl

That other guy is always getting political. He defended Colin Kaeper-face for about 10 minutes straight not too long ago.