Author Topic: Bribery: New Documents Show IRS Targeting Scandal Was More Expansive.. Katie Pavlich  (Read 548 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Bribery: New Documents Show IRS Targeting Scandal Was More Expansive
Katie Pavlich
4/4/2017 2:45:00 PM

New documents obtained by government watchdog group Judicial Watch show the IRS targeting scandal was more expansive than previously known and show IRS officials admitting the tactics used to hinder conservative groups were inappropriate. The documents, which total 695 pages, were previously withheld by the Obama administration from Congress and were not included in the Congressional investigation into IRS abuse.

"In an August 9, 2013, memo, Schiller admitted the IRS used political labels in targeting the groups for special scrutiny and possible audit and that, going forward, the agency would screen organizations based only on their activities, 'not words' or 'labels of any kind,'" Judicial Watch found after issuing a FOIA lawsuit against the agency.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/04/04/new-documents-show-irs-targeting-scandal-was-more-expansive-n2308693
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LonestarDream

Of course the corruption was expansive.  Rinos did not impeach the head of the IRS.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:54:36 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

Further, the documents show IRS officials essentially bribed groups and offered tax exempt status in exchange for limited political activity. In other words, limiting opposition to President Obama's agenda.

“No wonder the Obama IRS has been hiding these records.  The new smoking-gun documents contain admissions by the Obama IRS that it inappropriately targeted conservative groups,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement. “But the records also show that the abuse continued – as the Obama IRS tried to force conservative applicants to give up their First Amendment rights in order to finally get their applications granted.”
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline skeeter

In an August 9, 2013, memo, Schiller admitted the IRS used political labels in targeting the groups for special scrutiny and possible audit and that, going forward, the agency would screen organizations based only on their activities, 'not words' or 'labels of any kind,'" Judicial Watch found after issuing a FOIA lawsuit against the agency.

So no harm no foul, everything's ok?

Someone's head should roll, of course. But since the GOP hates the same people Obama targeted, nothing will happen.

And the next time a democrat is elected president they'll lower the bar some more on the treatment of conservatives.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:05:22 pm by skeeter »

Offline anubias

There are people on this very board that will say it was all a Trump distraction.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The TRUTH is that the IRS has been used as a political tool from it's very beginning! Its very existence is antithetical to FREEDOM!!!

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If it were me, I'd go after all these scandals with the DOJ and clean house. In the meantime, use the nuclear option for everything and start passing bills right and left. the media would be spinning in 10 different directions.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If it were me, I'd go after all these scandals with the DOJ and clean house. In the meantime, use the nuclear option for everything and start passing bills right and left. the media would be spinning in 10 different directions.

@Free Vulcan

ALL the way back to Fast and Furious!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien