Author Topic: Trump vs. Freedom Caucus: President takes names, starting with Amash  (Read 4008 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump vs. Freedom Caucus: President takes names, starting with Amash
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2017, 08:35:48 pm »
Well, it could possibly be an encouraging sign

You should find it very encouraging @r9etb ... and it's more than a sign.  It's part of ongoing negotiations.  I, for one, am very pleased the President has given Sen. Paul his "ear".   I've great respect for Rand Paul and would like to see his voice grow stronger within the Administration--and not just on health insurance.

Keep the faith!   :beer:

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2017, 08:45:59 pm »
If calling for the defeat of people supposedly in the same party isn't "shoving," then nothing is. 

Yes there is.  It's when a minority faction in the same party threatens to block the President's entire agenda.   There's a cause and effect here you're working hard to ignore @r9etb

Silver Pines

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2017, 09:50:49 pm »
Yes there is.  It's when a minority faction in the same party threatens to block the President's entire agenda.   There's a cause and effect here you're working hard to ignore @r9etb

@Right_in_Virginia

It's not about his "agenda'; it's about what's best for the American people.  If that agenda includes government-run healthcare, it deserves to be not only blocked, but stomped into the ground.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2017, 09:52:05 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Ahhh. The Won.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2017, 10:04:35 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

It's not about his "agenda'; it's about what's best for the American people.  If that agenda includes government-run healthcare, it deserves to be not only blocked, but stomped into the ground.

And spat upon......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2017, 10:45:36 pm »
Then.... why was he pushing Ryancare, instead?

Only to get results. Doesn't matter if it is crappy. Pass it, file for "bankruptcy", reorganize, and do it again.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2017, 10:47:43 pm »
Only to get results. Doesn't matter if it is crappy. Pass it, file for "bankruptcy", reorganize, and do it again.

All that matters is the perception that Trump won something.

His fragile ego demands nothing less.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2017, 11:05:33 pm »

Exactly who threatened to block Trump's entire agenda and when?  Audio?  Video?

Offline the_doc

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2017, 11:20:29 pm »
Everybody seems to pick on the Amish.  Trump should be ashamed of himself.   Next thing you know, he will Tweet about Amish terrorism.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2017, 11:39:25 pm »

Everybody seems to pick on the Amish.  Trump should be ashamed of himself.   Next thing you know, he will Tweet about Amish terrorism.

****drummer
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2017, 11:45:03 pm »
All that matters is the perception that Trump won something.

His fragile ego demands nothing less.

Exactly.  He aligned himself with Ryan because Ryan sold him a bill of goods and told him he had a new and improved plan that would get passed.  I bet Trump really never knew what was in the bill, he just saw it as a feather in his cap and thought his supporters would be dazzled.  Trump made his first two HUGE mistakes; trusting RINO's and going after conservatives.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2017, 12:44:23 am »
Exactly.  He aligned himself with Ryan because Ryan sold him a bill of goods and told him he had a new and improved plan that would get passed.  I bet Trump really never knew what was in the bill, he just saw it as a feather in his cap and thought his supporters would be dazzled.  Trump made his first two HUGE mistakes; trusting RINO's and going after conservatives.

He doesn't "trust" anyone in the sense you are implying. Its more like he's moving chess pieces on a board...and he's moving them in a way that will result in the most conservative version of "repeal and replace" with a chance of actually making it through the House and Senate. Unlike the FC, the president can't simply sit on his moral high horse and hold out for the perfect law that is "perfectly" conservative...he has to live in the realm of what is feasible and possible.

So he's moving the pieces on the board. Alternately threatening key members of the FC...and some moderates as well...and offering sweeteners and concessions to get a deal made. He is even using the failure of the first bill as a leverage...and its WORKING! There will be a deal before May is out, and the FC will support it. Watch and learn about the Art of the Deal....because this whole process has been a living example of dealmaking at the uber high level.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2017, 01:32:54 am »
"Trump vs. Freedom Caucus: President takes names, starting with Amash"

It's a bully pulpit.
Use it as such.
Don't be intimidated to do so.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2017, 03:26:52 pm »
"Trump vs. Freedom Caucus: President takes names, starting with Amash"

It's a bully pulpit.
Use it as such.
Don't be intimidated to do so.

Well, it's not supposed to be a pulpit for bullying.  I think most of us on TBR saw all of this coming, of course. 

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2017, 03:33:15 pm »
Exactly who threatened to block Trump's entire agenda and when?  Audio?  Video?

Google is your friend @Applewood ... use it.   Start with the FNC's position on the budget and  infrastructure.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:34:37 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline corbe

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2017, 05:09:01 pm »
You should find it very encouraging @r9etb ... and it's more than a sign.  It's part of ongoing negotiations.  I, for one, am very pleased the President has given Sen. Paul his "ear".   I've great respect for Rand Paul and would like to see his voice grow stronger within the Administration--and not just on health insurance.

Keep the faith!   :beer:

@Right_in_Virginia

The weekend before the catastrophic 'non vote' on TrumpCare, Sen. Cruz went down to mara-lago and gave him a mouthful, It changed nothing. 
   The only thing predicable about Trump is he will keep tweeting stupid $hit.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:09:20 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2017, 07:09:25 pm »
  @Right_in_Virginia

The weekend before the catastrophic 'non vote' on TrumpCare, Sen. Cruz went down to mara-lago and gave him a mouthful, It changed nothing. 
   The only thing predicable about Trump is he will keep tweeting stupid $hit.

How do you know what Cruz said to him?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2017, 08:10:22 pm »
From what I gather there are a lot of NeverTrumpers in the HFC, NeverTrumpers will never work with President Trump to Make America Great Again so Trump wants them gone. Makes prefect sense to me.

Yeah that's why they've been more supportive of Trump initiatives than most of the other Republicans in the House.

You really need to think before you hit send on your posts sometimes...all of your knee jerk reactions to anything Trump seem to have given you some kind of concussion or traumatic brain injury.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline corbe

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2017, 09:33:05 pm »
How do you know what Cruz said to him?

Because I pay attention to him (Sen. Cruz) @Mesaclone and I know what he told me (regarding the Senate parliamentarian) and that Phase 2 & 3 crap was just that-Crap!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2017, 10:55:42 pm »
   Because I pay attention to him (Sen. Cruz) @Mesaclone and I know what he told me (regarding the Senate parliamentarian) and that Phase 2 & 3 crap was just that-Crap!

So, he told you this personally? If not, please cite the exact quote and/or words and from what source they came.

Offline corbe

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2017, 11:08:53 pm »
   @Mesaclone   I really don't know why I bother, you being a Trump supporter, you probably hate on Sen.Cruz and providing Direct Evidence "QUOTES" will not change your Mind, and as for ME, I still believe he's a Con man, Reality TV Star and last but certainly not least a lifelong NY Liberal, so we are equal in our disdain for the others choices in the last Election.

But hey, Thanks for giving me the opportunity to VENT!

Notice the DATE on the first one

Cruz suggests ignoring Senate parliamentarian for ObamaCare repeal

By Sarah Ferris - 10/22/15 02:29 PM EDT

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/257771-cruz-suggests-ignoring-senate-parliamentarian-to-pursue-obamacare-repeal

Cruz: Let's overrule Senate officer to expand ObamaCare bill

By Alexander Bolton - 03/09/17 04:58 PM EST

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/323272-cruz-lets-overrule-senate-officer-to-expand-obamacare-bill

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2017, 04:18:49 am »
   @Mesaclone   I really don't know why I bother, you being a Trump supporter, you probably hate on Sen.Cruz and providing Direct Evidence "QUOTES" will not change your Mind, and as for ME, I still believe he's a Con man, Reality TV Star and last but certainly not least a lifelong NY Liberal, so we are equal in our disdain for the others choices in the last Election.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/257771-cruz-suggests-ignoring-senate-parliamentarian-to-pursue-obamacare-repeal

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/323272-cruz-lets-overrule-senate-officer-to-expand-obamacare-bill

No amount of evidence will ever be enough for the true believers.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2017, 01:38:30 pm »

And yet still, you have provided no evidence of your supposed knowledge of the specific contents of the private conversations between Cruz and Trump.

Sure, we're never going to agree about President Trump...but that's not the issue. YOU claimed inside knowledge of their private discussions...so back that claim up or acknowledge it was just your own feelings projected on Mr Cruz. Simply citing Cruz's opinions on the relevant issues is irrelevant to your assertion...we all know what his views are. What we do NOT know, and what you claimed you did KNOW, is what he and Trump talked about specifically in their last conversation.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:41:06 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2017, 02:15:04 pm »
@corbe just like I predicted...no amount of evidence will ever be good enough.

So...what happens when the Conservatives Trump threatens with a primary challenger or actually have a Trump sponsored primary challenger in their next election race not only win their seats...again...but do it with a bigger margin than Trump won the Presidency with?

That is a very real possibility.

What will the true believers do then?  Who will they attack?