Author Topic: Mark Meadows says Freedom Caucus will go along with AHCA if it kills community rating and EHB regulations  (Read 465 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Mark Meadows says Freedom Caucus will go along with AHCA if it kills community rating and EHB regulations

By Philip Wegmann • 3/30/17 5:09 PM

In the debate over repealing and replacing Obamacare, Republican leadership complains that conservatives have been moving the goal post. And Mark Meadows says they're right.

"Well we have," the Freedom Caucus chairman admits with a sigh during a sit-down interview with the Washington Examiner. "We've moved it much closer. All they have to do is kick a little chip shot through the goal posts...."

This comes after weeks of intense negotiation with leadership and the White House on the best way to overhaul Obamacare. But Meadows says his group of three dozen conservatives aren't asking for one thing before demanding another. Instead, he insists that the Freedom Caucus is conceding.

snip

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mark-meadows-says-freedom-caucus-will-go-along-with-ahca-if-it-kills-community-rating-and-ehb-regulations/article/2618940#!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It may be possible to do that deal, but the problem is going to be female Senators?Reps who don't want to lose the ESB's that pertain to women.  Maybe they can toss some money at women relating to maternity/childbirth to offset the loss of the ESB.  The Dems did it with the Louisiana Purchase to get ObamaCare through, so if the GOP has to do something like that to get a bill passed, I'm all for it.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Maybe they can toss some money at women relating to maternity/childbirth to offset the loss of the ESB. 

What seems to be missing from this debate is a sort of balance sheet comparing the pro's and con's of ObamaCare.

It doesn't have to be super specific and detail every nut and bolt, but just a general, big picture comparison.  Some people like the EHB baseline mandate, so put it on one side of the balance sheet.  They tell us 25 million people now have health coverage that did not before.  So add that on the same side of the list.

Then on the other side list the cons and see how the two stack up.  We all do this in our own personal lives when making big decisions like buying a house, a car, or planning a vacation.  Can't we do the same here?

I fully understand a debate driven by emotion doesn't have a lot of room for logic or common sense.  It just seems to me there should be a straightforward method for cutting through all the white noise.

Offline Applewood

Swell!  The caucus is caving. 

We are in the midst of one big reality TV show.