Author Topic: This Presidency Is Failing -- and Stunningly  (Read 8107 times)

Offline bilo

Re: This Presidency Is Failing -- and Stunningly
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2017, 09:11:50 pm »
Ten weeks in. If it was Obama, he would have been given the Nobel Peace Prize by now, right?

Give me a break. I believe Trump horribly fumbled the healthcare issue - and continues to give up yards by refusing to listen to conservatives - but ten weeks is a little early for this kind of analysis.

Now, if Mr. Master Negotiator sits down with the Freedom Caucus and adopts the Cruz plan for healthcare, PLUS tort reform, PLUS transparent pricing, it will have all turned around.

Do you think there is any chance of that?

I don't.

It's very discouraging how Pres. Trump has instead decided the way to go is to embrace the DC establishment and attack conservatives. At least we got a good SCOTUS nominee and some regulations cut.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2017, 09:16:54 pm »
Do you think there is any chance of that?

I don't.

It's very discouraging how Pres. Trump has instead decided the way to go is to embrace the DC establishment and attack conservatives. At least we got a good SCOTUS nominee and some regulations cut.

@bilo

You know, what I posted COULD happen.

All we would need is for the Trump apologists to stop being such sycophants, start thinking like conservatives again, and start demanding real healthcare reform.

The problem is, these Trump apologists have forgotten what they stand for EXCEPT Trump.

I hold out hope that Trump can still become the hero they want him to be by actually talking to the Freedom Caucus and hearing their ideas. The FC's ideas are 10x better than the syphilated abortion of a bill that Ryan proposed.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2017, 09:18:14 pm »
Michael Gerson is a hack who pushed like hell for Bush to be an interventionist war monger. Now that was a failed Presidency. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2017, 09:21:52 pm »
Wait... should I post one of those laughy face responses that TomSea thinks is reasonable debate?

It seems fitting to this ridiculous, sycophantic response.

LOL!

Frankly, 'baby'....I don't give a damn! 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2017, 09:30:36 pm »
LOL!

Frankly, 'baby'....I don't give a damn! 

:yawn2:
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bilo

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2017, 09:31:28 pm »
@bilo

You know, what I posted COULD happen.

All we would need is for the Trump apologists to stop being such sycophants, start thinking like conservatives again, and start demanding real healthcare reform.

The problem is, these Trump apologists have forgotten what they stand for EXCEPT Trump.

I hold out hope that Trump can still become the hero they want him to be by actually talking to the Freedom Caucus and hearing their ideas. The FC's ideas are 10x better than the syphilated abortion of a bill that Ryan proposed.

I never give up hoping, but I'm also a realist. I think Pres. Trump is inclined to believe in govt run solutions and it's just a matter of govt being run well. As obamacare collapses I think he will embrace the left's answer for everything more govt involvement. We will end up with single payer for all people who aren't part of a group policy.

I am dubious about Pres. Trump getting any real Tax Reform done. He will get some cuts but not much else unless adding a new border adjustment tax on imports is considered a reform.

We don't see any coverage of it, but Pres. Trump has already started backtracking on immigration. He's continued the "dreamer" executive actions of obama and now he's running into trouble on building the wall.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2017, 10:14:44 pm »
I never give up hoping, but I'm also a realist. I think Pres. Trump is inclined to believe in govt run solutions and it's just a matter of govt being run well. As obamacare collapses I think he will embrace the left's answer for everything more govt involvement. We will end up with single payer for all people who aren't part of a group policy.

I am dubious about Pres. Trump getting any real Tax Reform done. He will get some cuts but not much else unless adding a new border adjustment tax on imports is considered a reform.

We don't see any coverage of it, but Pres. Trump has already started backtracking on immigration. He's continued the "dreamer" executive actions of obama and now he's running into trouble on building the wall.

Aren't you just the cute little optimist.  You know, Reagan didn't get a lot of his agenda passed until his second term, don't you.

So if you don't see any coverage of Trump backtracking on immigration, did you dream it, or what?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2017, 10:24:13 pm »
The reality of the matter is that @XenaLee is exactly right.

I am sure that YOU could do much better but what everyone has forgotten is that a few months ago we were doomed to a continuation of Obama with Hillary.

What would you have whined about then?  Oh, my.

As I see it, Trump has done pretty well, far better than I expected and his one big failure can be rectified.  I don't pay any attention to the temper tantrums after the defeat...  they are certainly not as bad as the temper tantrums I see here from people who expected him to part the Red Sea in his first week in office.

He has had successes.  I could name them but you're not interested.  Much more fun to damn him and blame him.

Emjay, please don't put words into my mouth.  I'm calling it as I see it.  Granted I have never been a Trump supporter, but I have several times posted that I gave him a clean slate, admired his inauguration festivities and admonished others for being so harsh of him.  Reality is; Bammycare is still in existence, his Muslim ban is stalled, funding for the wall has been delayed and Gorsuch has yet to be seated on the bench; there is no guarantee of votes only the promise of a nuke option which may or may not go through. Regardles of what hurdles Trump is encountering or what he does moving forward, those are thee main issues that people voted for him on.  He fails on these and we can kiss our majority good-bye.  That's not being critical, or laying blame, or denying success in other areas, that's reality.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2017, 10:41:05 pm »
Emjay, please don't put words into my mouth.  I'm calling it as I see it.  Granted I have never been a Trump supporter, but I have several times posted that I gave him a clean slate, admired his inauguration festivities and admonished others for being so harsh of him.  Reality is; Bammycare is still in existence, his Muslim ban is stalled, funding for the wall has been delayed and Gorsuch has yet to be seated on the bench; there is no guarantee of votes only the promise of a nuke option which may or may not go through. Regardles of what hurdles Trump is encountering or what he does moving forward, those are thee main issues that people voted for him on.  He fails on these and we can kiss our majority good-bye.  That's not being critical, or laying blame, or denying success in other areas, that's reality.

That's your reality born of a basic distrust of Trump, although you claim you have given him a chance.

You haven't.

Ten weeks is not a chance.  The Muslim ban was delayed because of dem judges and a personal flight by Obama to Hawaii to strong arm a judge friend to rule against the ban.  It will be passed eventually.

Do you have any knowledge of how long it usually takes to get a Supreme Court nominee confirmed?  Didn't think so.  Instead of giving Trump props for nominating a genuinely fine  candidate, you are whining because of the process.

When did you expect the wall to go up?  Do you have any idea of how ridiculous that is.  The truth is a lot of contractors have put in bids to build the wall.  We are not talking about putting together a Barbie Dream House.

The difference between us (besides that I live in reality) is that you want Trump to fail and I don't.

I don't think it is in the best interest of conservatives or Republicans for our current president to fail and I don't understand the mindset of people who do.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2017, 11:08:32 pm »
With all due respect, this election cycle gave us two miserable choices. I don't understand with 7 billion people in the world we could not come up with two decent choices?

Sigh.

Agreed we wound up with two miserable choices.  In all fairness, Trump has attempted to do what he said he was going to do; the DEMS and RINO's in Congress are bucking him every step of the way.  With a GOP majority all the way around, he should have been able to waltz right in and get things done. I think in part his lack of experience has really hampered his ability to move things forward. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2017, 11:27:47 pm »
How many derogatory names are there for Trump supporters?

Trumpists, Trumpettes, Trump Davidians, Trump apologists, fascist, Hitler and the list goes on and on. Thread after thread.

So I hereby dub the anti-Trump posters here as "nnnnny's" standing for "nanrob's nattering nevertrump nabods of negativity."

No wonder they get kicked off from other sites. Can't get along with anybody not sharing your opinions, can't discuss matters with civility.

Negative and nasty are the defining qualities characteristics.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2017, 11:49:53 pm »
That's your reality born of a basic distrust of Trump, although you claim you have given him a chance.

You haven't.

Ten weeks is not a chance.  The Muslim ban was delayed because of dem judges and a personal flight by Obama to Hawaii to strong arm a judge friend to rule against the ban.  It will be passed eventually.

Do you have any knowledge of how long it usually takes to get a Supreme Court nominee confirmed?  Didn't think so.  Instead of giving Trump props for nominating a genuinely fine  candidate, you are whining because of the process.

When did you expect the wall to go up?  Do you have any idea of how ridiculous that is.  The truth is a lot of contractors have put in bids to build the wall.  We are not talking about putting together a Barbie Dream House.

The difference between us (besides that I live in reality) is that you want Trump to fail and I don't.

I don't think it is in the best interest of conservatives or Republicans for our current president to fail and I don't understand the mindset of people who do.

Again, don't put words in my mouth.  I have NEVER stated that I wanted Trump to fail, NEVER.  Yes, contractors have put bids on the wall and if I recall correctly the contract was supposed to be awarded mid April.  Congress however has stated that they have delayed funding for the wall.  The Secure Fence Act of 2006 was passed by both houses of Congress.  The 'fence' was never completely  built (obviously) because it was never completely funded! That was 11 years ago. The reality is this; Congress has stated that the budget for the wall is being delayed; therefore this year the wall will not get started.  Congress holds the purse strings.  IF it is not in the budget for 2018 which is an election year, and we lose the majority, the wall again will NOT be funded and won't be built. That is reality. Asking me if I know how long it takes to nominate a SCOTUS makes you seem like you think you're an authority on the issue and quite frankly makes you look like an azz!  As I recall, each SCOTUS appointment has varied in time.

Agreed.  It is in this country's best interest if Trump is successful in delivering what he promised; so far he has failed on the wall, banning migration,  Bammycare and SCOTUS.  I would love nothing more than to see the wall built, a ban on migration (though I think it should be much longer than he's proposed), repeal of Bammycare and Gorsuch appointed.  As time continues, it is looking less and less likely that those promises will be delivered. Yes, I realize the hurdles hes' encountering, but bottom line is, he is the leader of this country.  He's running a government not a business and his method of the 'art of the deal' so far is failing. I get that he is only one person, and there are 535 members of Congress he has to get by.  His resolution?  He goes after the Freedom Caucus (Amash and Meadows).  He is going after the CONSERVATIVE faction of the GOP!!  Perhaps that doesn't concern you, but it sure as heck concerns me.  Perhaps you feel that it was fine for him to back down on his campaign promise of repeal and side with Rayn so that he could pass the bill and put a feather in his cap, but I am not fine with him back pedaling on this issue. That's one of the reasons why this country is in the mess that it's in.  We have failed to hold our politicians (including our presidents) accountable and responsible.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2017, 11:57:11 pm »
IMO, Trump took the reins on a failed government. I blame Congress. THEY are the ones failing. THEY are the problem. THEY are the ones that keep getting re-elected. Want a POTUS that can get some shit done? Elect a Congress that can get some shit done.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2017, 12:11:35 am »

Trumpists, Trumpettes, Trump Davidians, Trump apologists, fascist, Hitler and the list goes on and on. Thread after thread.

So I hereby dub the anti-Trump posters here as "nnnnny's" standing for "nanrob's nattering nevertrump nabods of negativity."

No wonder they get kicked off from other sites. Can't get along with anybody not sharing your opinions, can't discuss matters with civility.

@truth_seeker

You can call me whatever pleases you, but how do you pronounce "nnnnnys?"  And what is a "nanrob?"

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2017, 12:13:57 am »
@truth_seeker

You can call me whatever pleases you, but how do you pronounce "nnnnnys?"

With the whiniest voice you can manage, of course.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2017, 12:18:10 am »
IMO, Trump took the reins on a failed government. I blame Congress. THEY are the ones failing. THEY are the problem. THEY are the ones that keep getting re-elected. Want a POTUS that can get some shit done? Elect a Congress that can get some shit done.

Trump took over the reins after a very progressive left administration attempted to completely destroy this country. They still have a lot of control. Without a doubt, Congress is a lot to blame.  Especially the RINO's.  One thing that resonates in my mind is that his supporters didn't take into consideration the responsibility and powers of the executive branch, the powers and responsibility of the legislative branch and the powers and responsibility of the judicial branch.  IMHO, neither did Trump.  He didn't have a clue (and is I think now realizing reality) as to the functionality of the three branches of government.  His supporters and he failed to realize that running a government is far different than running a business.

The whole premise behind TEA was to oust RINO's and insert conservatives. The problem of course arises when there isn't a conservative to replace a RINO, then the RINO becomes more electable (usually) then the DEM.  Unfortunately Trump won over our conservative nominee for president and right now he is going after the conservative faction of the GOP.  Trump is siding with the RINO's and threatening to negotiate with the DEMS. Sorry, I've got a huge problem with that. That's not leading.  That's caving to the other side in order to put a feather in his cap.  No.  Definitely not acceptable.

geronl

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2017, 12:23:46 am »
Aren't you just the cute little optimist.  You know, Reagan didn't get a lot of his agenda passed until his second term, don't you.

There is zero comparison between Trump and Reagan. They are nothing alike.

Silver Pines

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2017, 12:27:52 am »
With the whiniest voice you can manage, of course.

@EC

No doubt.

It reminds me of Cthulhu and the beasts beyond the stars.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2017, 12:32:43 am »

And  I've been called a neverTrump, a Hillary supporter, a traitor, unpatriotic, stupid and a few other names I won't repeat here -- and those names came from Trump supporters. So don't whine to me about nastiness and negativity. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2017, 12:33:42 am »

@truth_seeker
It's like they want the country to fail.  Most don't have any real arguments.  Just they hate Trump so whatever he supports must fail.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2017, 12:49:29 am »
@truth_seeker
It's like they want the country to fail.  Most don't have any real arguments.  Just they hate Trump so whatever he supports must fail.

The notion that people hate Trump so much in here that the want him to fail is sheer rubbish.  The majority of us want him to succeed.  However he is not going to succeed by pandering to the left, siding with RINO's and declaring war on conservatives; the very base that got him elected.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2017, 12:51:36 am »
Again, don't put words in my mouth.  I have NEVER stated that I wanted Trump to fail, NEVER.  Yes, contractors have put bids on the wall and if I recall correctly the contract was supposed to be awarded mid April.  Congress however has stated that they have delayed funding for the wall.  The Secure Fence Act of 2006 was passed by both houses of Congress.  The 'fence' was never completely  built (obviously) because it was never completely funded! That was 11 years ago. The reality is this; Congress has stated that the budget for the wall is being delayed; therefore this year the wall will not get started.  Congress holds the purse strings.  IF it is not in the budget for 2018 which is an election year, and we lose the majority, the wall again will NOT be funded and won't be built. That is reality. Asking me if I know how long it takes to nominate a SCOTUS makes you seem like you think you're an authority on the issue and quite frankly makes you look like an azz!  As I recall, each SCOTUS appointment has varied in time.

Agreed.  It is in this country's best interest if Trump is successful in delivering what he promised; so far he has failed on the wall, banning migration,  Bammycare and SCOTUS.  I would love nothing more than to see the wall built, a ban on migration (though I think it should be much longer than he's proposed), repeal of Bammycare and Gorsuch appointed.  As time continues, it is looking less and less likely that those promises will be delivered. Yes, I realize the hurdles hes' encountering, but bottom line is, he is the leader of this country.  He's running a government not a business and his method of the 'art of the deal' so far is failing. I get that he is only one person, and there are 535 members of Congress he has to get by.  His resolution?  He goes after the Freedom Caucus (Amash and Meadows).  He is going after the CONSERVATIVE faction of the GOP!!  Perhaps that doesn't concern you, but it sure as heck concerns me.  Perhaps you feel that it was fine for him to back down on his campaign promise of repeal and side with Rayn so that he could pass the bill and put a feather in his cap, but I am not fine with him back pedaling on this issue. That's one of the reasons why this country is in the mess that it's in.  We have failed to hold our politicians (including our presidents) accountable and responsible.

Oh, well, okay then.  You are giving Trump every chance and I am an azz, whatever that is.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2017, 12:59:13 am »
Trump took over the reins after a very progressive left administration attempted to completely destroy this country. They still have a lot of control. Without a doubt, Congress is a lot to blame.  Especially the RINO's.  One thing that resonates in my mind is that his supporters didn't take into consideration the responsibility and powers of the executive branch, the powers and responsibility of the legislative branch and the powers and responsibility of the judicial branch.  IMHO, neither did Trump.  He didn't have a clue (and is I think now realizing reality) as to the functionality of the three branches of government.  His supporters and he failed to realize that running a government is far different than running a business.

The whole premise behind TEA was to oust RINO's and insert conservatives. The problem of course arises when there isn't a conservative to replace a RINO, then the RINO becomes more electable (usually) then the DEM.  Unfortunately Trump won over our conservative nominee for president and right now he is going after the conservative faction of the GOP.  Trump is siding with the RINO's and threatening to negotiate with the DEMS. Sorry, I've got a huge problem with that. That's not leading.  That's caving to the other side in order to put a feather in his cap.  No.  Definitely not acceptable.

If you think Cruz would be having more luck with congress I think you are wrong. The government is broken. It will take more than one man to fix it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2017, 01:13:17 am »

I was actually called a Cruzlim for supporting the most conservative option in the primaries, so just go right ahead and blow it out your ear.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2017, 01:25:19 am »
If you think Cruz would be having more luck with congress I think you are wrong. The government is broken. It will take more than one man to fix it.

Obviously he wouldn't get everything he wants but would do better than Trump based on the fact that he doesn't stir up unnecessary fights within the party on a daily basis or threaten to destroy anyone who opposes him.