Poll

What grade do you give President Trump for his first 70 days in office?

A
3 (14.3%)
B
4 (19%)
C
7 (33.3%)
D
4 (19%)
F
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: April 07, 2017, 07:46:37 pm

Author Topic: What grade do you give President Trump for his first 70 days in office?  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
What grade do you give President Trump for his first 70 days in office?

I myself have been very impressed with his performance. I give him a solid B.

FYI: Trump supporters grade his performance (CNN video - 7:45). For those of you who don't wish to sit through the whole thing, CNN's Alisyn Camerota interviewed six enthusiastic and articulate Trump supporters. Five gave him an A and one gave him a B.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
SC justice nomination, cabinet nominations, most conservative budget in memory, finally addressing illegal immigration boldly, and kicking off complex process of righting the health care debacle foisted upon the nation by democrats.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It depends on what list you are grading from.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Gave him a B, though B- would be closer.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The phrase "President Trump" still makes me giggle when I hear it.
Countdown to Resignation

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not Participating.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

It depends on what list you are grading from.

The nation, Republicans and conservatives had a choice; Trump or Hillary.

I am very pleased that we got the better of the TWO choices.

Offline truth_seeker

March 31, 2017 6:00 AM

1 in 3 voters give President Trump a grade F

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article141836529.html#storylink=cpy

Democrats, liberals, anarchists and a small but loud residual contingent of nattering nevertrump nabobs of negativity

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
So, this here anti-Trump site (according to you) is more generous with grades than the general public?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I gave him a B, but in my book he hasn't even hit the midterms yet.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: What grade do you give President Trump for his first 70 days in office?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 09:31:55 pm »
I'm giving him a "C" so far.  Lots of promise, not much delivery.  I would love to give him an "A" in the next 70 days.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 11:38:59 pm »
The nation, Republicans and conservatives had a choice; Trump or Hillary.

I am very pleased that we got the better of the TWO choices.

Good lord. It was a bunch of idiots who forced us into the choice.

By the way, I chose not to choose between those two, and voted for someone else. Seems like I did have a choice after all.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 11:48:07 pm »
He gets a "C" from me. He's not failing, but he's also not succeeding yet.

Gorsuch looks good, but the healthcare R&R was a debacle by any sane measure. And no, Trumperinos (another for truth_seeker's list), it was not the fault of the Freedom Caucus. That bill was bad, bad, bad. I read it and posted how bad it was within 2 hours of its release.

Trump's willingness to hitch his wagon to such a ridiculous bill goes to show how little he understands about real reform.

His travel ban is a media circus, almost exclusively negative for him. He fails to use the bully pulpit properly. Twitter is not a bully pulpit.

Kudos on the pipeline. Kudos on telling NATO nations to start paying their fair share. Kudos on telling the UN to go pound sand. Kudos on rolling back EPA regs for the coal industry.

But he's still stepping in it regularly. He submits a "better" budget, but could have REALLY rocked the world by saying, "And, I've told all my department heads that if they want to be included in next year's budget proposal, they will zero-base their requests, and we will be publishing it all online for the American people to review. Failure to zero-base will result in a 10% cut. Period. Get to work."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

geronl

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 12:01:36 am »
F? How about a Z, maybe a Z+

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 02:34:46 am »
I gave him a 'C'. Some of the things he has done are great! They are aimed at getting the EPA and BLM (Bureau of Land Management) off the backs of the energy industry. America will not be able to recover any manufacturing without cheap energy and the ability to transport everything from crude oil to groceries economically and efficiently. Bravo.

On Obamacare, the wall, immigration, "refugees", and other issues (including filling the cabinet and key positions), he has been either ineffective so far or is getting mired in side issues. There, not so good.
Blaming Conservatives for the failure of Congress to remove the penumbra of the ACA rates an 'F'. Wrong people getting the blame for inadequate legislation. Threats to negotiate with the Democrats, would have a schoolchild sent to the office for a paddling.

So, overall, a 'C'. But as someone said, it isn't the midterms yet, so a grade is premature, imho.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 02:36:19 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 02:32:06 am »
I missed the poll deadline but thought I would weigh in on this.

I will give him a B- and a solid A for rolling up his sleeves and putting forth a tremendous amount of effort; however, he's already lost Flynn and Sessions has opted to recuse himself.  Congress has stated that they will not fund the wall in this year's budget.  His attempts at banning immigration from certain areas failed (twice). He opted to side with Ryan on tweaking Bammycare instead of repealing it. He's made some good cabinet choices, he appointed a conservative to the bench, employment numbers are rising, he took a solid stance in Syria.

Quite honestly, most presidents are judged during the first 100 days ... judging him on 70 days hardly seems fair at all. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 02:38:50 am »
F? How about a Z, maybe a Z+
Trump did what he said in regard to his supreme court pick and got him on the court.  I have to give him high marks for that.   With Hillary we'd be screwed.

I give Trump a B overall.