Author Topic: Blood test detects cancer and pinpoints location...before symptoms appear  (Read 644 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
A blood test which not only detects cancer but identifies where it is in the body, has been developed by scientists.

The breakthrough could allow doctors to diagnose specific cancers much earlier, even before signs such as a lump, begin to show.

It is simple enough to be included in routine annual health checks alongside other tests such as for high blood pressure or cholesterol.

The test, called CancerLocator, has been developed by the University of California, and works by hunting for the DNA from tumours which circulates in the blood of cancer patients.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/03/24/blood-test-detects-cancer-pinpoints-locationbefore-symptoms/

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
has been developed by the University of California,............

Just a small point. When you say "University of California" is has been taken to mean Berkley (UC).

In this case it is University of California Los Angeles, or UCLA.  There are ten campuses (or branches) of UC.

UCLA is the largest in terms of students.

UC has 6 medical schools; UCLA, San Diego, Irvine, Riverside, San Francisco and Davis. All but Davis have associated teaching hospitals.

Finding cures and treatments for cancer is a big deal. The UC system is a top tier research institution, playing major rolls in nuclear research (Berkeley) and the internet (UCLA).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln