Author Topic: House Intel Chair Nunes Calls FBI Director Comey, NSA Director Rogers For "Closed Session" After Finding "Concerning Info" In Intel Reports  (Read 2150 times)

Offline DB

That little thingy as you call it is pretty useless in practice. Both Eric Holder and Lois Lerner were held in contempt and the end result was.... well nothing.

Holder held on till he stepped down and Lerner is enjoying her yearly 6 figure retirement.

Gosh, Republicans control all three branches and you expect "nothing" to happen with contempt of congress - that lands squarely on the Republicans in that case. What was the point of electing them then?

Offline DB

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

And YOU are a dammed fool for saying that because there is plenty there as you and the world will soon see I hope!

"I hope" is not evidence. It isn't even enough to start an investigation. Dan Rather's fake but accurate is not the standard for honest people.

Offline ConstitutionRose

No, it doesn't quite do that.  Trump made a specific accusation against Obama personally, for which he has still offered no evidence. 

This is a different sort of thing -- incidental information being misused for political purposes, and Trump was not even aware of it (Nunes told him about it just the other day).

It seems like the same thing but it's really not.  In many respects this is potentially a much bigger deal, as it puts the intelligence agencies themselves in the crosshairs.

I think I read this book.  You know the plot.  A seemingly unrelated tidbit leads to the uncovering of a plot to destroy democracy and the hero......
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump is free to make an accusation.  He is under no obligation to provide evidence.  However, the evidence is surely there as Obama is a total creep and was surely investigating Trump in every way possible to try and stop his election.

I'm not a Trumper but I owe Trump a lot and I'm not gonna forget it at least not for a while.

I just read this for the second time and am confused.  What do you owe Trump and what for?

Trump is not free to make accusations without proof.  All Americans are under surveillance.

And I am also curious.  Does it even bother you the horrendous amount of money it is costing to investigate a tweet?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:58:46 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DB

I just read this for the second time and am confused.  What do you owe Trump and what for?

Trump is not free to make accusations without proof.  All Americans are under surveillance.

And I am also curious.  Does it even bother you the horrendous amount of money it is costing to investigate a tweet?

It is costing more than money. It is costing political capital and basic credibility which a president has to have with at least some of his base to make things happen.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I hope" is not evidence. It isn't even enough to start an investigation. Dan Rather's fake but accurate is not the standard for honest people.

You either did not read are did not understand what I wrote.  There is absolutely NO doubt in my mind that the Obama administration was using legally collected surveillance data improperly in order to smear Trump and everyone around him but whether or not you or I will ever know exactly what happened is an entirely different matter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Question for those in the know....

Do either Comey or Rogers have the authority to DECLINE the invitation from Nunes?

Not sure.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It is costing more than money. It is costing political capital and basic credibility which a president has to have with at least some of his base to make things happen.

Great points.  And we see Trump rallies I have to wonder if these are staged or people want a reality show rather than a President.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

Quote from: SirLinksALot on March 24, 2017, 11:51:32 AM

Question for those in the know....

Do either Comey or Rogers have the authority to DECLINE the invitation from Nunes?

@SirLinksALot

They both serve at the behest of the President, answerable to Congress, if they don't answer they CAN (being the operative word) be held in contempt, just as Eric Holder was and suffer the same (none) consequences, would be my best guess, others here more knowledgeable on this would know better.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Great points.  And we see Trump rallies I have to wonder if these are staged or people want a reality show rather than a President.
Well, you know, he has a vision, and that stinking Reichstag Congress just won't implement it... :smokin:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And we see Trump rallies I have to wonder if these are staged or people want a reality show rather than a President.

I don't expect today's conservatives to understand this--not having experience it, but there are people who simply want to stand up and show support for the President.  Rest assured it's not sinister @Chosen Daughter--it is rather nice.   ^-^