Author Topic: Ezekiel Emanuel (aka Rahm's brother), an ACA architect, is now advising Trump as GOP works to level the law  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-ezekiel-emanuel-trump-gop-obamacare-20170320-story.html

When bioethicist and oncologist Ezekiel Emanuel met with President Donald Trump at the White House on Monday, the session revealed publicly what has been happening privately for months: A trusted ally of former President Barack Obama and chief architect of the Affordable Care Act is trying to help steer how Republicans take it apart.

With the administration and GOP leaders in Congress working to rewrite the landmark 2010 law - and Democrats displaying little appetite for negotiating with them - Emanuel appears to be one of the only members of his party with a seat at the table.

:silly:

To: Wisconsinlady
Zeke is pure death panel
Evil calculating amoral
Wth is happening with TRUMP
Jamie Gorelick is his daughters “ ethics advisor”
Now this???

9 posted on 03/21/2017 6:23:17 PM PDT by silverleaf (Age takes a toll: Please have exact change)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]
To: silverleaf
Lol.. who didn’t see this coming? Amnesty, next up.

21 posted on 03/21/2017 7:18:45 PM PDT by momincombatboots (pathway to citizenship... Amnesty history repeats. Walling Illegals In wasn't the idea moron!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Well if this is true and not some Chicago Trib garbage, this Ryancare is going to self destruct in about 5 seconds.

Offline Frank Cannon

"Obviously, [Emanuel] and the president have some differing views on the best way to make health care affordable and accessible," Spicer told reporters afterwards. "But the president also strongly believes that the health and well-being of the American people shouldn't always be a partisan issue," he said, noting that Trump also has talked about drug prices with Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland.

So he is talking to people, even people outside the party. How Presidential.

Let's impeach his sorry ass NOW!!!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
  :3:

It's amazing there are people stupid enough to not blame Trump for this bill.

Offline Chosen Daughter

So he is talking to people, even people outside the party. How Presidential.

Let's impeach his sorry ass NOW!!!

Frank!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know you had it in you.  You go!!!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Agree.  This presidency is the biggest con job to be pulled off in modern history.

Offline Frank Cannon

Sorry azzhole. This is all the congressional GOP's baby. They have been sitting around crying the blues that if only they could control all branches of Govt' they would "Repeal and Replace". Two maybe three election cycles of that and they get their wish. Looks like they were lying because they had nothing ready. They all thought Donny was going to lose and they could keep pointing fingers at the Rats for the disaster. Now they are effed and Ryan is the one who is putting this crap together with the GOP congressional leadership in a hurry. Turns out they never had a plan because they all love Obamacare and the control it gives them along with the insurance lobby money.

So blaming some guy that just showed up a couple months ago ain't going to cut it irrational Trump hater. This Ryancare garbage is all coming from one place in DC. Crapitol Hill.

Offline Frank Cannon

Frank!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know you had it in you.  You go!!!

Are we going to have to have another chat about the difference between dry humor and sarcasm vs declarative statements?

Offline Chosen Daughter

Are we going to have to have another chat about the difference between dry humor and sarcasm vs declarative statements?

Don't ruin it.  You are doing so well.

Offline Frank Cannon

Face the facts lil fwankie, your boy is a RINO.

88finger point

And face it bedwetter. Your gal got her ass handed to her and she is living in a bottle now.

Offline Frank Cannon

88finger point

My gal? What?

You had two choices on election day Snowflake. If Donny is such an absolute c-sucker, you obviously voted for the "rational" Hitlary. There were no third choices.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
It was so easy for both the House and Senate to pass a simple repeal bill when they knew OPapaDoc was going to veto.  Now that they have to be accountable we are discovering just how duplicitous they were and are.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Draining the hell outta dat swamp ain't he?  :silly:

Offline DB

You had two choices on election day Snowflake. If Donny is such an absolute c-sucker, you obviously voted for the "rational" Hitlary. There were no third choices.

WTF is pretty much a destroyer of "safe spaces". Whatever you want to call him, a "Snowflake" is far off the mark.