Author Topic: Wendy Davis: Abortion is ‘Not the Only Issue That I Care About’  (Read 1381 times)

Offline corbe

Wendy Davis: Abortion is ‘Not the Only Issue That I Care About’

by Andrew Rafferty

Mar 15 2017, 2:57 pm ET

Former Texas gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis said she faced "backlash" from supporters when she attempted to expand her message beyond women's reproductive rights, the issue that thrust her onto the national stage.

"It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of a situation," the Democrat told NBC News' Chuck Todd in an interview Tuesday at the SXSW conference for "1947: The Meet the Press Podcast."

"The more we tried to broaden that conversation and fill it out, the more backlash we were getting from people who wanted us to continue to press on the issues of women's reproductive freedom. Clearly that is very, very important to me and it is an issue that I continue to be a very strong voice on today. But it's not the only issue that I care about. And it can be very difficult to break out of it when you become identified very strongly aligned with one particular issue."

Davis rose to national prominence in 2013 when she staged an 11-hour filibuster of an abortion restrictions bill in the Texas legislature. The bill passed, but her actions galvanized abortion rights activists who found a champion in Davis. However the issue proved to be a hurdle during her 2014 gubernatorial campaign.

Davis says she would like to run for office again — in Texas. "I would love to run for office again and I hope to run for office again," she said. "I could have an easier political career elsewhere. But I want to stay here and I want to make a difference here. ...I don't have a preconceived notion of what it looks like."

And Davis said she was optimistic that the solid hold Republicans have in statewide races in the state is slipping and that Democrats can win there in the near future. "I hope it and I believe it. I tend to be very optimistic, i always see that glass as half full," she said. [/i]

<..snip..>

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/wendy-davis-abortion-not-only-issue-i-care-about-n733976
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Wendy Davis: Abortion is ‘Not the Only Issue That I Care About’
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 11:30:44 pm »
   2 things I get from this Article:
   Abortion Barbie is still delusional and apparently she's NOW broke.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 11:40:41 pm »
LOL. Now that she isn't running around in a Govt' job pushing to kill babies her wacko buddies want nothing to do with her. She is the definition of a loser. I almost feel like throwing a quarter in her tin cup.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 11:48:55 pm »
LOL. Now that she isn't running around in a Govt' job pushing to kill babies her wacko buddies want nothing to do with her. She is the definition of a loser. I almost feel like throwing a quarter in her tin cup.

Rush got one things right. Undeniable truth of life #24: Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 01:22:06 am »

I said once...and the offer still stands Wendy: "Take this quarter, go to downtown Austin and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face."

geronl

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 05:17:23 am »

:shrug:   not able to care

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 02:14:06 pm »
The great thing about abortion Barbie running for governor is not just her radical views were exposed, but in stepping out of her Senate seat she was replaced by a solid Tea Party conservative.

We won twice.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 02:23:47 pm »
Wendy Davis: Abortion is ‘Not the Only Issue That I Care About’

Sorry lass. Yes it is. The leftist masses have spoken, you are in a neat little pigeonhole, and had best not try to get out of it on pain of death.

Bit of a bugger when it hits you, isn't it?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink