Author Topic: Trump budget expected to seek historic contraction of federal workforce  (Read 826 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump budget expected to seek historic contraction of federal workforce

By Damian Paletta  March 12 at 7:47 PM

President Trump’s budget proposal this week would shake the federal government to its core if enacted, culling back numerous programs and expediting a historic contraction of the federal workforce.

This would be the first time the government has executed cuts of this magnitude — and all at once — since the drawdown following World War II, economists and budget analysts said.

The spending budget Trump is set to release Thursday will offer the clearest snapshot of his vision for the size and role of government. Aides say that the president sees a new Washington emerging from the budget process, one that prioritizes the military and homeland security while slashing many other areas, including housing, foreign assistance, environmental programs, public broadcasting and research. Simply put, government would be smaller and less involved in regulating life in America, with private companies and states playing a much bigger role.

snip

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/through-his-budget-a-bottom-line-look-at-trumps-new-washington/2017/03/12/29739206-05be-11e7-b9fa-ed727b644a0b_story.html?utm_term=.883b04b5d43e
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

What is there to not like, for real conservatives?

(Let the nitpicking begin.)

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Harry Truman warned us about big government back in the 1940's.  Despite being a supporter of the New Deal and having been through both a Depression and World War, he feared "bigness" as he put it.

Offline LonestarDream

Winning!!

Real winning.!!
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LMAO

I would put this in the "Good Trump" column. But this should be just the beginning. Lots more budget slashing is needed

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:33:50 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump and his advisers have said that they believe the federal workforce is too big, and that the federal government spends — and wastes — too much money. They have said that Washington — the federal workers and contractors, among others — has benefited from government largesse while many other Americans have suffered. Federal spending, they have argued, crowds the private sector and piles regulations and bureaucracy onto companies.

Trump’s chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, has said Trump will lead a “deconstruction of the administrative state.” On Friday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Obama loyalists had “burrowed into government.” Last month, Trump said the government would have to “do more with less.”

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), who said that his state would be hit particularly hard by Trump’s proposed cuts, said that his party plans to remain locked in opposition to the disproportionate changes Trump will advance.

“The notion of bulking up defense but slashing everything else, that’s not going to find any votes on the Democratic side,” Kaine said in an interview.

But former White House officials from both parties agree that the changes Trump proposes, if enacted, would dramatically change how the federal government functions and its role in American society.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/through-his-budget-a-bottom-line-look-at-trumps-new-washington/2017/03/12/29739206-05be-11e7-b9fa-ed727b644a0b_story.html?utm_term=.b6e6efbfcd0d

Offline truth_seeker

This topic SHOULD BE a really, really big deal on any serious Republican political forum.

Offline LonestarDream

I would put this in the "Good Trump" column. But this should be just the beginning. Lots more budget slashing is needed

Agree!!  This changes the tone.

We need more cuts.

Nothing succeeds like success. !!!

Offline LonestarDream

Trump and his advisers have said that they believe the federal workforce is too big, and that the federal government spends — and wastes — too much money. They have said that Washington — the federal workers and contractors, among others — has benefited from government largesse while many other Americans have suffered. Federal spending, they have argued, crowds the private sector and piles regulations and bureaucracy onto companies.

Trump’s chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, has said Trump will lead a “deconstruction of the administrative state.” On Friday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Obama loyalists had “burrowed into government.” Last month, Trump said the government would have to “do more with less.”

Even Gary Johnson would agree, right?

@don-o