Author Topic: '93% of Pakistani women experience sexual violence'  (Read 526 times)

rangerrebew

'93% of Pakistani women experience sexual violence'
« on: March 08, 2017, 06:02:55 pm »
The Express Tribune > Pakistan
'93% of Pakistani women experience sexual violence'
By Mudaser Kazi
Published: March 8, 2017
287SHARES
Share Tweet Email

KARACHI:
Pakistan is among those countries where 70% women and girls experience physical or sexual violence in their lifetime by their intimate partners and 93% women experience some form of sexual violence in public places in their lifetime.

This was stated by founder of Madadgaar National Helpline 1098 and national commissioner for children, Zia Ahmed Awan, while quoting the statistics of international organisations during a press conference at their office on Tuesday.

Awan lauded, in tribute to the International Women Day which is celebrated on March 8 every year, the courage of the 8,897 women and children from across Pakistan who came forward in 2016 and fought for their rights and protection by calling, visiting or contacting Madadgaar’s helpline.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1348833/93-pakistani-women-experience-sexual-violence/
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 06:03:30 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: '93% of Pakistani women experience sexual violence'
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 06:04:56 pm »
I'm sure Nazi Pelosi and Chuckie Schumer would tell us that once the feet of the perpetrators touches US soil, they no longer will rape another woman - or goat, camel, cow.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:12:53 pm »
I suspect that they're not talking about snowflake kind of offenses here either.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 06:48:06 pm »
I suspect that they're not talking about snowflake kind of offenses here either.

Do you mean like crying in a no tear zone? :silly: