Author Topic: My time in 7/11  (Read 1398 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
My time in 7/11
« on: March 08, 2017, 01:36:37 pm »
So i stopped by 7/11 for some gas and coffee. It's like I stepped into the Star Wars bar. There were 15 different languages going on all at once. The cashier would ask me a question in Spanish, I would answer in English, and it was all good. In the background there was Russian and Hebrew and some gibberish I don't know what it was. I think I even heard some Klingon being spoken, but I am only a novice, so I'm not sure.

Multiculturalism on steroids.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: My time in 7/11
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 01:43:05 pm »
We haven't had any 7/11s in my neck of the woods in many years. The last one I've seen was in Mexico.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 01:47:13 pm »
So i stopped by 7/11 for some gas and coffee. It's like I stepped into the Star Wars bar. There were 15 different languages going on all at once. The cashier would ask me a question in Spanish, I would answer in English, and it was all good. In the background there was Russian and Hebrew and some gibberish I don't know what it was. I think I even heard some Klingon being spoken, but I am only a novice, so I'm not sure.

Multiculturalism on steroids.

Yeah...

Thinking out loud here though:

You could have said the same thing at any other point in American history. Go to a "General store" in 1860, you would have heard a lot of Irish accents. Or a store in 1880 in Ohio you would have heard a lot of people speaking German or with German accents. Or in NYC in 1910 you would have heard a lot of italian accents or speaking italian outright. Etc. etc.

I'm not in favor of current immigration levels or policy, but I'm just saying.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 01:58:37 pm »

Yeah...

You could have said the same thing at any other point in American history. Go to a "General store" in 1860, you would have heard a lot of Irish accents. Or a store in 1880 in Ohio you would have heard a lot of people speaking German or with German accents. Or in NYC in 1910 you would have heard a lot of italian accents or speaking italian outright. Etc. etc.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The weird thing is that I actually do not know what language I was speaking. It was all English in my head, what was being actually said I am not sure.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 01:59:35 pm »
We haven't had any 7/11s in my neck of the woods in many years. The last one I've seen was in Mexico.

This is about as close as we get to 7 Eleven around here.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 02:05:33 pm »
The weird thing is that I actually do not know what language I was speaking.

Okay.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 02:13:24 pm »
When it is All English, how can you know?

Spanish is only English, with different words. Sometimes I don't know what I am saying.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 02:15:47 pm »

Yeah...

Lots of eastern Europeans around my tiny town. Mostly retirement age and older but we do have a Lithuanian Roman Catholic youth camp nearby. (Camp Dainava)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 02:20:19 pm »
Four teens arrested in connection to convenience store robberies, killing of liquor store owner in Colorado Springs
By: Ellie Mulder and Kaitlin Durbin
March 7, 2017

Four teens have been arrested in connection with seven armed robberies across Colorado Springs, including the robbery that left a liquor store owner dead, police said Tuesday.

Dustin Cole Logan, 19, Phinehas Tyree Daniels, 18, and unnamed 13 and 16-year-old juveniles with connection to robberies at:

- 7-Eleven, 4325 S. Carefree Circle, on Jan. 17

- 7-Eleven, 2350 Hancock Expressway, on Jan. 18

- Shell, 6445 Source Center Point, on Jan. 18

- 7-Eleven, 1760 Shasta Drive, on Jan. 27

- Kum & Go, 2422 Research Parkway, on Feb. 6

- 7-Eleven, 331 S. Hancock Ave., on Feb. 6

- Empire Liquors, 3381 N. Academy Blvd., on Feb. 15

http://gazette.com/four-teens-arrested-in-suspected-connection-to-string-of-convenience-store-robberies-murder-of-liquor-store-owner/article/1598345

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/teens-convicted-murder-convenience-store-shooting/axmKp9WqIEXIbKCutvYcQN/

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/loaf-n-jug-murder-defendants-plead-not-guility/article_20a8bf52-680f-528a-80de-7cffac5e52c3.html

My problem with convenience stores is how they are perceived as easy targets for crime.

One can say that some are in safe areas and that is true; but I can find stories of how even rural areas have been struck with this plague.

Here the police have a heavy presence at convenience stores, coffee and what not. That helps some.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 02:29:11 pm »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 03:18:48 pm »