Author Topic: California exports its poor to Texas, other states, while wealthier people move in  (Read 1517 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
California exports its poor to Texas, other states, while wealthier people move in

Every year between 2000 to 2015, more people left California than moved in from other states. This migration was not spread evenly across all income groups. This map shows the net migration to and from California among those near the poverty line from 2005 through 2015. The Sacramento Bee

By Phillip Reese

preese@sacbee.com

California exports more than commodities such as movies, new technologies and produce. It also exports truck drivers, cooks and cashiers.

Every year from 2000 through 2015, more people left California than moved in from other states. This migration was not spread evenly across all income groups, a Sacramento Bee review of U.S. Census Bureau data found. The people leaving tend to be relatively poor, and many lack college degrees. Move higher up the income spectrum, and slightly more people are coming than going.

About 2.5 million people living close to the official poverty line left California for other states from 2005 through 2015, while 1.7 million people at that income level moved in from other states – for a net loss of 800,000. During the same period, the state experienced a net gain of about 20,000 residents earning at least five times the poverty rate – or $100,000 for a family of three.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article136478098.html#storylink=cpy

I tended to think it was the wealthy leaving California, I'm sure there is plenty of that but still.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Have less government regulation, positive entrepreneurial endeavors, a growing economy that is a model for success, get more people moving in, at risk in the future for more liberalism to creep in. It should not work that way.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It's not really fair, I would bet that most of those leaving California are Conservatives who have become unemployed due to industry leaving California while the vast majority of wealthier people moving in are liberal leaning lemmings. And Conservative in other states deride California for being too liberal while their states are actively exporting their unwanted liberals to California :facepalm2: