Author Topic: Non-Denial ‘Denial’: Obama Response to Trump ‘Wiretap’ Claim Raises More Questions  (Read 2089 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Matthew Boyle4 Mar 2017Washington, D.C. 4,132

A number of ex-Obama officials appear to suggest that the Obama administration may have actually wiretapped the Trump campaign, but that if they did it would have been justified by a court and part of an investigation by the Justice Department—not led by or ordered from the White House or the former president himself.

On Saturday, former President Obama’s spokesman Kevin Lewis denied that the former White House or the former President himself would have given such an order to wiretap Trump Tower—or any other type of surveillance in any case—but that such an order would have come from an “independent investigation led by the Department of Justice.”

more
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/04/non-denial-denial-obama-response-trump-wiretap-claim-raises-questions/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline montanajoe

Looks like O has signed a long term rent free lease in the head of Trump and his supporters... :shrug:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

... denied that the former White House or the former President himself would have given such an order to wiretap Trump Tower—or any other type of surveillance in any case—but that such an order would have come from an “independent investigation led by the Department of Justice.”

"Independent" my arse:

geronl

Looks like O has signed a long term rent free lease in the head of Trump and his supporters... :shrug:

He's their own personal Goldstein

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well Trump has the machinery to prove it at his fingertips.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Well Trump has the machinery to prove it at his fingertips.

I think he's actually getting this stuff through the media, not through the machinery he actual control of.

geronl

I think he's actually getting this stuff through the media, not through the machinery he actual control of.

Obama himself could have started the rumor knowing Trump would react absurdly

Wingnut

All this reminds me of an old friends ordeal from several years ago.  After seven years of training in the medical fields and hard work, was fired after one minor indiscretion. He slept with one of his clients and can now no longer work in the profession. What a waste of time, effort, training and money. A genuinely nice guy and an absolutely brilliant mortician.....

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:14:58 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Mesaclone

This is pretty simple.

If ANYONE in the Executive Branch of the US government, which is entirely under the purview of the president (Obama at that time), wiretapped any conversations out of Trump Tower...than President Trump is 100% in the right with all of his statements on this topic. If that is the case, darn near every NeverTrump'r on this board should be apologizing for their reflexive jump to the side of the Dems and the MSM on this issue. Further, the Congress should initiate a full investigation into the propriety and legality of Mr. Obama's actions....and if he is hiding behind the FISA court on this then we clearly need to rethink that entire concept as a nation.

I'd say the odds that nobody in Justice or the FBI wiretapped Trump Tower are...well...very, very low. And that's generous.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:18:55 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
All this reminds me of an old friends ordeal from several years ago.  After seven years of training in the medical fields and hard work, was fired after one minor indiscretion. He slept with one of his clients and can now no longer work in the profession. What a waste of time, effort, training and money. A genuinely nice guy and an absolutely brilliant mortician.

Is that wrong?    :shrug:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
If I was Trump I'd produce for the cameras and all the world to see a tiny device with wires sticking out of it.  It doesn't matter if it's parts from his electric razor.  We're not dealing with facts, reality or common sense here.

Make them prove that tiny device is not a bug tied directly into spy central.

Wingnut

Is that wrong?    :shrug:

That is the question.    :pondering:

geronl

All this reminds me of an old friends ordeal from several years ago.  After seven years of training in the medical fields and hard work, was fired after one minor indiscretion. He slept with one of his clients and can now no longer work in the profession. What a waste of time, effort, training and money. A genuinely nice guy and an absolutely brilliant mortician.

Now that's funny

Offline Frank Cannon

You Sir are a cut up. Top notch!

geronl

This is pretty simple.

If ANYONE in the Executive Branch of the US government, which is entirely under the purview of the president (Obama at that time), wiretapped any conversations out of Trump Tower...than President Trump is 100% in the right with all of his statements on this topic

Okay, so if anyone in the executive branch of the US government - which entirely under the purview of the President  - does something wrong, then the President himself needs to be punished for it? Is that really the standard now? Will you be holding Trump accountable for anything the government does now too?

By the way, there are many things the government does that is not directly controlled by the President.

Wingnut

You Sir are a cut up. Top notch!

Life is a Highway. Ride it all night long.   :laugh:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DB

Obama himself could have started the rumor knowing Trump would react absurdly

Very good point. Just feed the story to the Enquirer and off the to the races...

Offline Mesaclone

Okay, so if anyone in the executive branch of the US government - which entirely under the purview of the President  - does something wrong, then the President himself needs to be punished for it? Is that really the standard now? Will you be holding Trump accountable for anything the government does now too?

By the way, there are many things the government does that is not directly controlled by the President.

Try to keep up.

The standard is, if the President's justice department....which he directs...taps the phones of rival candidates in an election...than that is a gross threat to our democracy. As I said, plain and simple. If Federal Admin employee Joe Schmo in the home office in Des Moines makes a typo on a memo...that belongs just to him. So, now that I've eliminated your reductio ad absurdam...perhaps you can try to come up with a coherent and rational response that ISN'T disingenuous.

Offline Mesaclone

As for the bolded part, the President is entirely....in toto...responsible for acts of his Justice Department that innately and overtly pose a threat to the core elements of our Republic. Tapping political opponents CLEARLY meets that standard. So your point, while true generally, is absurdly irrelevant to what we are discussing. Anything his Justice Department does, of this magnitude, belongs fully to the president.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 12:08:16 am by Mesaclone »

Offline kevindavis007

Why should I take any news from Brietbart seriously??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This is pretty simple.

If ANYONE in the Executive Branch of the US government, which is entirely under the purview of the president (Obama at that time), wiretapped any conversations out of Trump Tower...than President Trump is 100% in the right with all of his statements on this topic. If that is the case, darn near every NeverTrump'r on this board should be apologizing for their reflexive jump to the side of the Dems and the MSM on this issue. Further, the Congress should initiate a full investigation into the propriety and legality of Mr. Obama's actions....and if he is hiding behind the FISA court on this then we clearly need to rethink that entire concept as a nation.

I'd say the odds that nobody in Justice or the FBI wiretapped Trump Tower are...well...very, very low. And that's generous.

Old saying from a graduate class in Management:

"You can delegate authority, but you cannot delegate responsibility."

Or as President Truman knew it, without graduate school) "The Buck Stops Here"

Also well understood, by folks with military experience
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DB

Modern Democrats have changed the "Buck stops here" to the "Buck stops in my bank account"... Winning an election has been turned into winning the lottery in wealth.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That is the question.    :pondering:

Getting caught is wrong.

The client was obviously a woman. Shoulda picked someone who could keep their mouth shut. Dead men tell no tales.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley