Author Topic: Today's Toons 3/1/17  (Read 4236 times)

Online pookie18

Today's Toons 3/1/17
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:20:40 am »
Click below for related story:

Click for related story:

Click below for Tony's toons:

Click for related story:

Click for related action:

Click below for related lyrics/audio:

Click below for audio:

Click below for related video:

Click below for related video:

Click for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter T:

(Thank you, Polly Ticks)

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Warren Hits Warpath After Being Silenced

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Today's Toons 3/1/17
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:39:44 am »
Danke, Pookie!

(I'm learning how to say thank you in many languages this week. Too much time on my hands, lol)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:40:50 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online pookie18

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:51:44 am »
Danke, Pookie!

(I'm learning how to say thank you in many languages this week. Too much time on my hands, lol)

Bitte, Freya!

(Well, now you've used, in order, my junior high school, high school & college languages...)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 12:04:43 pm »
Bitte, Freya!

(Well, now you've used, in order, my junior high school, high school & college languages...)

:)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 12:11:54 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online pookie18

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 12:18:52 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

My pleasure, Polly Ticks!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 01:27:15 pm »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online pookie18

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 01:59:35 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, as always, Smokin Joe!

Offline Davidfxs

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 02:00:20 pm »
Thank you Pookie  Have a Great Day
Liberals are like Slinkies, Good for nothing really. But they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of Stairs.

Online pookie18

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 02:06:31 pm »
Thank you Pookie  Have a Great Day

My pleasure, as ever, David!

Offline scootervanneuter

• World News Bureau
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 03:11:22 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!  :beer:

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 03:49:54 pm »

This one kind of ticks me off. #NeverTrump is not owned in any way by libtards. #NeverTrump was principled conservatives standing up and saying, "We can do better than Trump. I'm not voting for that guy."

Lumping principled conservatives in with libtards is just another way both the left and the unprincipled right say, "Principles don't matter - only winning."

Now, Trumpists, before you get your panties in a wad, a couple of things:

1. I'm giving Trump a chance.
2. You should be able to read my comments and see that I'm being fair to him, giving him credit where credit is due.
3. I know, I know - he won, he won, #NeverTrump is irrelevant!
4. Screw you, I'm not going to hide from the position I held during the election. It was a position I came to based on reasonable analysis of the facts.
5. If you still want to act like a sore-winner arse and make hay out of my response here, piss off. I don't want to hear it. Oh, and it will move me farther away from wanting to "give Trump a chance" to "God, I really DO hate everything about the Trumpists."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:50:29 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 04:17:16 pm »
 :amen:  It irks me that the dang Left wants to hijack what was our opinion during the primaries, but even more so that the Trump Supporters are so commonly willing to throw us in with the Left, when we were the ones who did not consider Trump Conservative ENOUGH.

So far, well, he seems to be trying to get some of the right things done. I, too am willing to give him a chance to perform and get the GOPe to perform what they had promised when the TEA party helped give them the Congress.

@pookie18 Sorry I messed up the cartoon party, thanks for letting me vent a little.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:25:14 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online pookie18

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 04:17:59 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!  :beer:

You're welcome, Scooter!

Online pookie18

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 04:25:57 pm »

This one kind of ticks me off. #NeverTrump is not owned in any way by libtards. #NeverTrump was principled conservatives standing up and saying, "We can do better than Trump. I'm not voting for that guy."

Lumping principled conservatives in with libtards is just another way both the left and the unprincipled right say, "Principles don't matter - only winning."

Now, Trumpists, before you get your panties in a wad, a couple of things:

1. I'm giving Trump a chance.
2. You should be able to read my comments and see that I'm being fair to him, giving him credit where credit is due.
3. I know, I know - he won, he won, #NeverTrump is irrelevant!
4. Screw you, I'm not going to hide from the position I held during the election. It was a position I came to based on reasonable analysis of the facts.
5. If you still want to act like a sore-winner arse and make hay out of my response here, piss off. I don't want to hear it. Oh, and it will move me farther away from wanting to "give Trump a chance" to "God, I really DO hate everything about the Trumpists."

First of all, if you know anything about this cartoonist, he's as conservative as they come.

Although he's saying "Never Trump", I don't necessarily know if he's referring to "#Never Trump"...possibly more like the fact that the Dhimmis (in congress as well as the Hollywood loons) will never go along with him throughout his term unless it's a liberal policy (& some of those may be on the horizon). As someone who wrote in Ted Cruz, I'm fairly pleased with what Trump has done...so far...

Online pookie18

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 04:28:12 pm »
:amen:  It irks me that the dang Left wants to hijack what was our opinion during the primaries, but even more so that the Trump Supporters are so commonly willing to throw us in with the Left, when we were the ones who did not consider Trump Conservative ENOUGH.

So far, well, he seems to be trying to get some of the right things done. I, too am willing to give him a chance to perform and get the GOPe to perform what they had promised when the TEA party helped give them the Congress.

@pookie18 Sorry I messed up the cartoon party, thanks for letting me vent a little.

You can vent whenever you want to...after all, since you don't spout fake news, you're neither an enemy of the people nor this thread...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 04:45:55 pm »
You can vent whenever you want to...after all, since you don't spout fake news, you're neither an enemy of the people nor this thread...
Thanks!  :beer:

C S Lewis

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 04:58:36 pm »
First of all, if you know anything about this cartoonist, he's as conservative as they come.

Although he's saying "Never Trump", I don't necessarily know if he's referring to "#Never Trump"...possibly more like the fact that the Dhimmis (in congress as well as the Hollywood loons) will never go along with him throughout his term unless it's a liberal policy (& some of those may be on the horizon). As someone who wrote in Ted Cruz, I'm fairly pleased with what Trump has done...so far...

He's doing OK, but - imho - he could be doing more. For example, "Hey Congress - pass the same repeal bill you sent to Obama and I'll sign it. We can move forward from there if we think additional legislation is necessary."

But, noooooo. No one wants to make it clear that the prior repeal bill was all kabuki theater. Just as much as the current "repeal and replace" is kabuki theater. In the end, there will still be millions of people on an unending government entitlement program that weren't there prior to Obamacare.

Mark my words.

(But hey - these cartoons are supposed to make you think and incite dialogue, right? ;-))
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online pookie18

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 05:28:35 pm »
He's doing OK, but - imho - he could be doing more. For example, "Hey Congress - pass the same repeal bill you sent to Obama and I'll sign it. We can move forward from there if we think additional legislation is necessary."

But, noooooo. No one wants to make it clear that the prior repeal bill was all kabuki theater. Just as much as the current "repeal and replace" is kabuki theater. In the end, there will still be millions of people on an unending government entitlement program that weren't there prior to Obamacare.

Mark my words.

(But hey - these cartoons are supposed to make you think and incite dialogue, right? ;-))

Of course, the images, in some cases, should lead to discussion...

I know that the previous repeal bills were kabuki theater.

However, if it were a real repeal only bill, I think it would be kinda chaotic (root: koas, the organization of evil) until certain replacement components were in place. I think that Cruz, Lee & the Freedom Caucus like Rand Paul's bill, but the establishment & RINOs probably like their own bill (being scored by the CBO) which has liberal components. So, we're still going nowhere fast. We got the House & they said, we need the Senate. We got the Senate & they said, we need the President. We got the President & they'll say, we need 60 senators...& if we got 60 senators, they'd say we need more (because of turncoats. Murkowski, McCain, Graham, Collins, etc., ad nauseum)...