Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>President Trump's Address to The Joint Session of Congress..9pmET  (Read 15464 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Small government conservatism is dead btw, if that speech is any indication.

It will not ever change.

I liked how he proposed two regulations die before a new one comes in. There is that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Dennis Michael Lynch....on President Trump's joint address to Congress:

http://www.facebook.com/DMLdaily/videos/vb.513600888679373/1479874828718636/?type=2&theater

(starts about 1 minute 40 seconds)

If you were in a coma for the past two years and woke up and watched this speech, it had to be the GREATEST Presidential speech...EVER!!

.....and of course, I agree!    :laugh:

Not since Ronald Reagan, have I seen a better one!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:58:28 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

Small government conservatism is dead btw, if that speech is any indication.

Maybe most Americans really don't want small government conservatism,   that just might be the sad truth.

But, at the very least, Trump is taking a few steps in the right direction.   

Wingnut

Pelosi looks like she sharted and realized she forgot to put on her depends.

That is all that is left of her "O" face. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:35:54 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Frank Cannon

I fell asleep at 7pm last night.

That's what happens when you spend your days drinking malt liqueur.

Wingnut

That's what happens when you spend your days drinking malt liqueur.

You mean Hillary!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Quit tinkering around the edges of the Marxist income tax and fix the damned problem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRpWir4eDrs
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Poligrip Fail.

The Botox isn't holding up all that well either!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
It will not ever change.

I liked how he proposed two regulations die before a new one comes in. There is that.

Agreed, that is a good point. AFAICT, it's basically the only nod to small government that I could see.

Did he mention the deficit at all or does that not matter anymore?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The biggest impression however was what a bunch of losers the white clad cowardly democrats are   They did more to hurt themselves than Trump ever could

Bill Mitchell‏Verified account @mitchellvii 8h8 hours ago
You can't fix America without pissing off the people who broke it...

Offline bolobaby

Trump gave a good speech and hit the right tone   The biggest impression however was what a bunch of losers the white clad cowardly democrats are   They did more to hurt themselves than Trump ever could

@Mom MD

I have to agree. By wearing all white, they singled themselves out. If a woman was wearing white, you knew that she was not willing to accept anything Trump said, no matter how reasonable, so it was easy to dismiss their frowny-face reactions. They might as well have worn hoodies and Vendetta masks.

If they were dressed normally, then the camera could have shown them and they might have looked like "just part of the crowd" not reacting well to something Trump said.

I hope America saw it for what it was: not principled resistance, but whiny crybaby sit-on-my-hands and sulk resistance.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

• Technical

The Reagan Battalion@ReaganBattalion 22m22 minutes ago

More
[/size]The Reagan Battalion Retweeted Paul Joseph Watson
[/size].@PrisonPlanet suddenly believes @CNN. 😂 height=1

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/836898700786008066

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Agreed, that is a good point. AFAICT, it's basically the only nod to small government that I could see.

Did he mention the deficit at all or does that not matter anymore?

I didn't watch the whole thing so I don't know. He said he wanted a trillion stimulus so I would say the deficit is just going to grow.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Technical
I didn't watch the whole thing so I don't know. He said he wanted a trillion stimulus so I would say the deficit is just going to grow.

Somewhere I heard that Trump has said that private money will be involved so it won't all be government money.

Offline Applewood

Somewhere I heard that Trump has said that private money will be involved so it won't all be government money.

Heard that too.  But there should be some way to make sure the private sector lives up to its obligation.  I've seen public-private funding schemes end up with the taxpayers stuck with the whole bill.

• Technical
Aaaaand the old Trump is back: