Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread  (Read 67148 times)

Silver Pines

Re: The Walking Dead Thread
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2017, 07:18:25 pm »
Good question about the ammo...I don't see anyone reloading, just a whole lot of "A-Team" type of effects with a few finally getting hit towards the end of the episode.
I can suspend reality for a bit, but that sequence was just a bit too much.
I agree about Jesus, especially after the kitchen scene.  Jesus is putting the entire plan in jeopardy by not killing saviors.  They now have to worry about an enemy in their midst and take care of them.
Ezekiel acting like a fool (positivity) in regards to tactics, pressing on even though they aren't supposed to because they've lost the element of surprise...appears that in the trailer for next episode they get surrounded by some group..."Garbage Pail Kids" maybe?

@SZonian

That could be.  They're one of my least favorite groups on this show.

I can't not like Ezekiel, with his Shakespearean delivery, great voice, and "fake it til you make it, baby" aside.  But yep, he is way too over-confident.  That doesn't bode well at all.

Silver Pines

« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2017, 07:19:02 pm »
Looks like there's another major character death in the mid-season finale.  I didn't expect this one.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2017, 07:48:16 pm »
@SZonian

That could be.  They're one of my least favorite groups on this show.

I can't not like Ezekiel, with his Shakespearean delivery, great voice, and "fake it til you make it, baby" aside.  But yep, he is way too over-confident.  That doesn't bode well at all.
I like him, just not sure how his bravado fits in with the story unless it's to set up some kind of failure or confrontation.  If he's trying to keep morale up, it's done best by ensuring your people know what to do and are being kept reasonably safe by enacting prudent tactics. 

They almost got whacked in the surprise bomb/walker ambush and the abject lack of discipline while tracking the spotter/sentry afterwards indicates that something bad is on the horizon. 

There's just no indication or display of "situational awareness".  The "situation" is that a war is going on, not some stroll through the woods and not looking around, spread out looking for evidence of your enemy's forces.  Those folks should have all been in a picket line of sorts spread out by about 10-15 feet...by being grouped up like that, they're making it easy to get outflanked and surrounded.

The "Garbage Pail Kids" are something of an enigma to me.  Are they just opportunists or true believers?  After Alexandria I guess we're supposed to believe they're "saviors" and it wouldn't surprise me if they come in again on the side of Negan and swing things back into his favor, at least for a while.  Then again, if they're opportunists, will they pick the side they believe is winning or has the best chance of winning?
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #303 on: December 03, 2017, 01:50:00 am »
We've been watching on Amazon on Monday mornings when the kids are all in School.

Can we just get around to killing Neegan already?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #304 on: December 03, 2017, 01:51:02 am »
I'm actually hating this season so far.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #305 on: December 03, 2017, 02:07:05 am »

Ezekiel needs to cowboy up. I was quite pleased to see Maggie toss that POS mayor in the cage with the saviors.

I don't know what the deal is with Rick and the garbage people. He seems awfully confident that they're eventually going to change sides again.

There is a wild card hanging out there too. I think the women in the woods are going to show up in the end.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #306 on: December 03, 2017, 02:15:53 am »

Uh, rocket launcher?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #307 on: December 03, 2017, 02:49:51 am »

« Reply #308 on: December 03, 2017, 04:08:54 am »
Meh

Seriously?  You need to get one of your male relatives to talk to your husband about moving the TV a little closer to the stove.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Silver Pines

« Reply #309 on: December 03, 2017, 02:39:24 pm »
Really big main character death coming up in the mid-season finale.  I couldn’t believe it when I read the spoilers but it’s confirmed.  Ugh.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #310 on: December 03, 2017, 02:47:35 pm »
Really big main character death coming up in the mid-season finale.  I couldn’t believe it when I read the spoilers but it’s confirmed.  Ugh.

Probably a few big ones coming before the end of the series.

Silver Pines

« Reply #311 on: December 03, 2017, 02:57:17 pm »
Probably a few big ones coming before the end of the series.

@Cripplecreek

Probably so.  I admit that I hate it.  Leave my damn people alone.  But take that dancing, bending, grinning psycho Fonzie who will not shut the hell up.  Negan is an annoyance during his every minute onscreen.

Jesus can die, too.  He’s so concerned about feeding the Saviors but he didn’t mind swiping food from Rick and Daryl when he met them.  Maggie should have thrown him out along with the killers he’s so worried about.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2017, 03:04:57 pm »
@Cripplecreek
Probably so.  I admit that I hate it.  Leave my damn people alone.  But take that dancing, bending, grinning psycho Fonzie who will not shut the hell up.  Negan is an annoyance during his every minute onscreen.  Jesus can die, too.  He’s so concerned about feeding the Saviors but he didn’t mind swiping food from Rick and Daryl when he met them.  Maggie should have thrown him out along with the killers he’s so worried about.

@CatherineofAragon
Yes, kill off Jesus and Fonzie and that whole group Jesus saved.  I hope Carol doesn't die.

Silver Pines

« Reply #313 on: December 05, 2017, 03:45:12 am »
@Victoria33

If you want to know who dies,  I can tell you in PM.

« Reply #314 on: December 05, 2017, 04:08:15 am »
@Victoria33

There's only three I'd like to see die:

1) Eugene
2) Eugene
3) Eugene
4) Eugene

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2017, 04:16:56 am »
@Victoria33

@CatherineofAragon

YES.  I'M WAITING, WAITING, WAITING.....

Silver Pines

« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2017, 11:50:05 am »
There's only three I'd like to see die:

1) Eugene
2) Eugene
3) Eugene
4) Eugene

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

LOL

I’m with you. I used to enjoy his character, but I’m so sick of seeing his face crumple up as if he’s going to cry...can’t stand it anymore.

I really hope they don’t try to redeem him by having him go out as a hero.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #317 on: December 11, 2017, 02:03:46 pm »
@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

LOL

I’m with you. I used to enjoy his character, but I’m so sick of seeing his face crumple up as if he’s going to cry...can’t stand it anymore.

I really hope they don’t try to redeem him by having him go out as a hero.

Heh  :silly:

Now about Carl. Everybody is saying he's dead because he's been bitten but he's not dead yet. The series is almost done so they'll have to reach some kind of conclusion. For all we know the mysterious helicopter will airdrop a vaccine in just in time to save Carl.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #318 on: December 12, 2017, 06:58:57 pm »
Gimple has basically said that Carl's toast, and the actor's dad has made public statements about being angry his son was written out of the show.  he gets one episode to wrap up his storyline, and that's it.

He's dead, Jim.

« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2018, 03:16:17 am »
Well, that sucked.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #320 on: October 07, 2018, 04:24:17 am »
Scott Wilson, who played Hershel on The Walking Dead, dies at 76
https://comicbook.com/2018/10/07/the-walking-dead-scott-wilson-dead-age-hershel/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn